Lions and Spiders and Iguanas oh my!

Unrelenting Fortitude

"Guuyyss~, please leave me alone…" Jeri whined, covering her face with her hands.

 

"Not until you tell us what face cream you use!" Tiffany stated firmly.

 

"Tiff, you guys all have skin like a goddess..." Jeri groaned giving the older woman a slightly pleading look.

 

"That may be true but you’re almost glowing! You have to share your secret!" Sunny claimed, bouncing on her heels with her hands clasped in front of her.

 

Jeri groaned, then saw a familiar group of boys walk by her door and bolted from her chair.

 

"Sorry girls, I just remembered I'm hanging with the guys today!" she claimed dashing out of the room.

 

The girls complained and tried to run after her as Jeri quickly swung up to the seven men and looped her arm around the maknae's.

 

"Jeri? Wha-"

 

"Please, just go with it, I beg of you," Jeri begged, looking up at him in desperation.

 

Henry blinked in confusion then looked behind them to see some of the girls from SNSD watching with pouts. He gave them a small smile and waved as he continued walking with his group members plus one.

 

"What did they do?" Donghae asked with a laugh.

 

"Yeah, you looked like an escaped convict the way you ran out of there," Zhou Mi laughed.

 

"They wouldn't stop hounding me about some face cream that Harii got me from Canada," Jeri muttered.

 

"Wasn't that a couple months ago?" Siwon asked, raising an eyebrow.

 

"Yes, and they won't believe me when I say it’s just a generic brand and they don’t need any face cream," she sighed, releasing Henry's arm as they turned the corner. "Well, thanks for bailing me out, I'll leave you guys alone-"

 

"Nu-uh! You said you were hanging out with us today, so guess what you're doing!" Kyuhyun stated, grasping her wrist and pulling her along.

 

Jeri simply rolled her eyes and allowed herself to be tugged along.

 

It was now mid October, almost two months since Tambourine had released their first studio album, Stand-By, and returned to South Korea from Canada. Though the members of Super Junior had been focusing on their own activities, M was in the midst of a break, trying to enjoy their downtime before being assaulted by schedules again in a few weeks.

 

"So… since we're hanging out today apparently, what's the plan?" She asked as they walked through the headquarters.

 

"Well, whatever we do, we shoulkd do something to make memories, seeing as we're leaving soon," Hangeng claimed, walking beside the girl.

 

"Leaving? Where're you guys going?"


"Gee I wonder, where in the world would Super Junior Mandarin be going?" Kyuhyun hummed, a mock pondering look on his face.


Jeri glared up at him causing a smirk to grow onto the man’s features.

“Oh haha, you’re an absolute riot,” the girl huffed, crossing her arms over her chest.

 

"We should go to the zoo!" Ryeowook suggested with a smile.

 

"Why, you want to throw Jeri in with the lions?" Zhou Mi joked.

 

Jeri’s eyes widened a fraction and instantly latched onto the nearest arm, which happened to be Henry’s. Looking up at him she gave him her best puppy-dog pout.

 

"I don’t think I’ve been to a zoo here yet…" Henry contemplated.

 

Jeri whined and ran over to Hangeng;s other side and hide behind him while grasping his shirt.

 

"Hannie~~ your dongsaengs are trying to feed me to the big kitties!" she whined.

 

"I'm sorry…" M’s leader laughed, giving her a pat on the head but not quite sure what to do other than that.

 

The other six men laughed as Jeri gave the oldest man an unimpressed look, Hangeng blinking in confusion at her look.

 

"C'mon Jeri! Let's go look at the animals!" Kyuhyun laughed, pulling on the girl's wrist.

 

"Nooooo! I dun wanna get eaten! I'm telling dad!!" Jeri proclaimed, making the other men laugh.

After a small round of conversation, Siwon and Donghae backed out of the zoo outing, having other schedules later in the day that they couldn’t miss, leaving Hangeng, Zhou Mi, Ryeowook, Kyuhyun and Henry to drag Jeri into their van and head off to the zoo after coercing their manager to take them.

 

"Jeri, look! Lions!" Henry called out with a grin.

 

"Let's not and say we did," she muttered, still trying to pry Zhou Mi's fingers from her wrist.

 

"Oh c'mon! We want to see if they like you!" Ryeowook laughed as Zhou Mi dragged her over.

 

"Zhou Mi! Let me go right now or you'll regret it!" Jeri shrieked, digging her heels into the ground.

 

"What are you going to do? Smack me?" Zhou Mi challenged.

 

Jeri gave him a hard look and brought her head down to their connected hands. Zhou Mi shrieked and released the teen, allowing her to dash off and hid behind Hangeng as the boys laughed.

 

"What did she do?" Kyuhyun asked with a laugh.

 

"She me!!" Zhou Mi cried, rubbing his hand on his jeans with a disgusted look.

 

"I warned you~" Jeri sang from behind the leader.

 

"That's disgusting and unsanitary!" Zhou Mi hollered pointing at her.

 

"That's life," she shot back with a grin.

 

The guys laughed and Zhou Mi pouted, crossing his arms over his chest.

 

"So, now that we're done torturing Jeri, are we going to go around?" Ryeowook asked.

 

"I'm in as long as none of you push me into any of the pens," Jeri replied.

 

"Of course we wouldn't! We were just joking around," Henry stated, ruffling her hair.

 

"It still wasn't very nice," she muttered with a pout.

 

The guys gave her sorry smiles and they continued into the zoo, Jeri staying beside Hangeng as a precaution.

 

"O! Let's go on the bus!" Ryeowook cheered dashing towards it.

 

"Bus tour!" Zhou Mi added, dashing after the leader, Henry right behind him.

 

Jeri continued to walk beside Hangeng, Kyuhyun just a bit in front of them and shook her head.

 

"I guess we're out numbered now," she laughed.

 

"Looks like it," Hangeng agreed making his way over to the bus as well.

 

He, Kyuhyun and Jeri climbed in and everyone took their seats. As the bus began moving, everyone migrated over to where Jeri was sitting and began a game of 'who can find what first'.

 

"Monkeys!" Henry exclaimed, pointing out the window.

 

"You would notice the monkeys first," Jeri teased.

 

Henry turned in his seat and glared at her, Jeri giving him a coy wave. She turned to look out the window and her eyes drifted above Zhou Mi's head and her eyes widened.

 

"Zhou Mi… are you afraid of spiders?" she asked, not looking away from the spot on the bus.

 

He turned to look at her and raised an eyebrow. "Whyyyyy?"

 

"Because there's one above your head," she replied, pointing to it.

 

Zhou Mi shrieked and jumped out of his seat and shaking his hair. Jeri and the others watched as he continued to frantically brush through his hair then sit down on the other side of the bus.

 

"You're such a drama queen," Jeri laughed, standing up and reaching for the arachnid.

 

The spider released its web and crawled onto her hand, not even being the size of her pinky nail. As the small spider stayed stationary on her hand, Jeri slowly turned to the five men and gave them an evil smirk.

 

"He's actually really cute… wanna see?" she asked, ing her hand out towards them.

 

Henry yelped and proceeded to fall out of his seat, Kyuhyun and Hangeng jumped from theirs and Ryeowook was far enough away that he just jumped in his.

 

"Awww, you guys are so cute~ afraid of an itty bitty spider~!" Jeri teased, bringing her hand back to her and poking the small arachnid on her palm.

 

The boys watched as she brought her hand back up to the top of the bus and pushed it back onto its web.

 

"Don't put it back!" Zhou Mi screeched.

 

"Why not? He's home," Jeri questioned, confused.

 

"What if it crawls on us?!"

 

"Then you scold him and put him back," she replied like it was obvious.

 

The boys gave her a blank stare as the bus came to a stop. They piled off of the bus and made their way over to the small ice cream shop. They got their ice cream and claimed a table under an umbrella.

 

"What is that?" Ryeowook asked, looking at Jeri's ice cream.

 

" in a cone," Jeri hummed, savouring the flavour.

 

"Excuse me?" Hangeng choked, looking over at her with a tinge of pink on his cheeks.

 

"It's called Neapolitan, calm down Hannie," Jeri laughed patting the man's shoulder.

 

"Neapolitan?" he asked looking at the ice cream.

 

"Yeah. Vanilla, chocolate and strawberry ice cream crammed into one little box of heaven," she sighed staring at her cone lovingly.

 

"Can I try some?" Zhou Mi asked, reaching for her cone.

 

"Oi! I'm like, 80% sure your pocket book's bigger than mine is, go buy your own," she scolded, keeping her ice cream out of his reach.

 

"I bet she'd share with Hangeng-hyung," Kyuhyun teased, his own ice cream.

 

"Nu-uh! Hannie's not that cute," Jeri retorted, her ice cream.

 

The guys chuckled and Hangeng just smiled, eating his sweet treat.

 

The group finished their ice cream and continued walking around the zoo. When they passed by it, Jeri dragged the boys into the small reptile house that they had.

 

"I want one," Jeri cooed, watching the animal behind the glass.

 

"What in the world makes you want one?" Ryeowook asked with a laugh, also watching it.

 

"Because it's so cool!" she exclaimed with a clap.

 

The boys laughed and pulled Jeri away from the lizard pen and over to some of the other reptiles. They were crowded by the snakes when Jeri snuck away back to the lizards.

 

"Excuse me," she began, getting the keepers attention from behind the half-glass barrier. "Would it be possible for me to hold one?" she asked, clasping her hands together in front of her.

 

The keeper gave her a baffled look then laughed with a nod, making her clap in glee. The man walked further into the pen and picked up a green iguana and brought it over to her just as the boys noticed she was missing. She allowed the lizard to lay on her arm and held its front legs with her other hand.

 

"Aww, you're so cute!" she cooed, petting it with her thumb.

 

"His name's Heosuabi," the keeper said, rubbing his fingers down the reptile's back.

 

"Heosuabi? Why, does he keep the crows away?" Jeri joked.

 

"More like he keeps the other lizards away. He knows some tricks too," he said.

 

The man climbed out of the pen and stood in front of Jeri and the lizard with a smile.

 

"Merong."

 

no response.

 

"Merong." he tried again, sticking his tongue out.

 

Jeri giggled when the lizard didn't move, making the man pout.

 

"Merong," Jeri tried, sticking her own tongue out.

 

To her astonishment, the lizard flicked its tongue out, making the keeper's jaw drop.

 

"Nawww! Meerong~," she did again with a smile.

 

Again, Heosuabi flicked his tongue out at her, making her bounce slightly in happiness.

 

"Well, now we know who out of us he likes better," the man joked, scratching the lizard's head with a smile.

 

"Jeri? What are you doing?" Ryeowook asked, walking over with the other boys.

 

"Playing with Heosuabi," she replied, rubbing the lizards chin with her thumb.

 

"That's so cool!" Henry exclaimed walking over. "Will he bite me?"

 

"He's picky about who he likes and doesn't, so I couldn't tell you," the keeper replied.

 

Due to his words, Henry chose to observe instead of touch.

 

"O! O! O! Watch this!" Jeri exclaimed, bouncing the lizard in her arms slightly. "Merong~."

 

On cue, Heosuabi flicked his tongue out, making the boys laugh in awe. The boys also tried, but the iguana didn't so much as twitch.

 

"I guess he only likes girls," Zhou Mi said with a pout.

 

"We should probably head back," Kyuhyun stated, looking at his watch.

 

"Awww, can I keep him?" Jeri asked the keeper with her best puppy dog eyes.

 

The man laughed.

 

"Sorry, but you have to leave him here," he replied, reaching for the reptile.

 

He took Heosuabi out of Jeri's arms and placed him back in the pen, the reptile scurrying off. Jeri watching it with a pout.

 

"Don't forget about me~!" She called out with a wave.


The men all laughed and Zhou Mi pulled her away from the lizards, out of the zoo, and into their van, heading to their homes.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Hey guys, this one is a little late, but I managed to finish it for you before it got TOO late~

Thank you for subscribing and following along with me as I attempt to bring you an even greater experience with Jeri and the gang~! Also guys, I'm not sure if you've seen it or not, but be sure to give me feedback on what I posted for the first "chapter", if you guys aren't interested then tell me and I won't do it, but I don't know how to interpret silence XD

Thank you to all subscribers as well as silent readers, and a special thanks to arandomperson and iheartbts for upvoting~!