Reassurance

Our Story

Xiumin paced anxiously in the kitchen while D.O. watched him with heavy eyes. "Hyung, it's okay. Just relax." D.O. spoke up. Xiumin turned around, his eyes wide from panic and his hair pulled upwards. "He's almost here though. I'm not ready!" Xiumin said, his voice frantic and hurried. A text message from their manager had come, informing them of Luhan's flight landing. He was going to be here, at the dorm, in roughly 2 hours. 

D.O. sighed. "Why are you so scared? Did something..happen between you two?" He asked softly, his voice filled with hesitance. Xiumin turned to him and fidgeted with his hands. "Why? Does it look like it? Oh god-" He was cut off by D.O. "Hyung! I didn't mean it that way! It's just, you're freaking out so much so I assumed that you two might have been, you know, fighting or something." D.O. explained quickly. 

Xiumin sighed, collapsing onto a chair opposite of D.O. "I get what you mean. I wish there was something wrong." He spoke up. D.O. looked at him in utter confusion. "What do you mean, you wish there was something wrong?" D.O. asked, his eyes widened. "Do you not like Luhan hyung anymore?" Xiumin shook his head rapidly. "No! Of course not! What I mean is, I wish there was something wrong so that I would know why I was feeling so nervous. I wish there was a logical reason for me to feel this way." Xiumin said, sighing. "I know it doesn't exactly make sense." He added, his voice resigned. 

D.O. nodded slowly. "I think I get what you mean." The boy said. Xiumin raised an eyebrow. "Yeah?" He asked. D.O. nodded again. D.O. opened his mouth, about to say something when Kai barged into the kitchen. "Kyungsoo-" He shut up when he saw Xiumin. "Oh, hello Minseok hyung!" Kai said hurriedly bowing. Xiumin gazed between the both of them with amusement. D.O.'s eyes were wide, almost comically, surprised by the sudden entrance of the young dancer. 

"Is there something you need, Jongin-ah?" Xiumin asked, smirking slightly. Kai shuffled his feet a little, his bronze cheeks tinted pink. "I was just, uh, wondering when dinner would be ready." The boy lied. Xiumin resisted the urge to laugh. "Jongin-ah, it's 1:30 in the morning. You want dinner?" He asked. Kai's cheeks turned a shade darker. He opened his mouth but nothing came out. Xiumin couldn't hold it in anymore and he laughed, getting up from the chair. "Alright, alright. I'm not clueless. I'll be outside. Have fun~" He said as he walked to the door. "It's not like that, hyung!" D.O. said abruptly. Xiumin just let out a hmm in response as he left, still laughing slightly. 

Sehun was laying on the couch, watching TV. Xiumin decided to sit with the maknae. "Hey, Sehun-ah." He said as he sat down next to the boy. Sehun glanced at him from the corner of his eye. "Hey hyung." The boy said, sounding sleepy. "What are you watching?" Xiumin asked, looking at the soap opera on the TV. "I don't know. I put it on so it would distract me and keep me awake, but it's not working." Sehun explained. Xiumin giggled a bit. "If you're tired, just sleep." He told the boy simply. Sehun shook his head stubbornly. "I want to wait for Luhan hyung." the boy insisted.

Xiumin smiled at the boy's concern. He didn't know how Luhan could find this annoying, the boy was adorable. "Ah, our maknae is so cute." Xiumin cooed, ruffling the boy's hair. Sehun lazily smacked Xiumin's hand away. "Don't do that, hyung." He said, his cheeks tinted pink. Xiumin laughed at the boy's embarrassment. "Ya Sehun-ah, how about you sleep now and I'll wake you up right before Luhan comes." Xiumin suggested. Sehun looked up. "You promise you'll wake me up?" The boy asked. Xiumin nodded. Sehun smiled. "Thanks hyung!" The boy said before yawning and turning off the TV. Xiumin left the boy to sleep peacefully. 

Some of the members were already asleep. Lay had arrived only three hours ago and had been too exhausted to stay up. Tao had similarly fallen aslee after arriving during the morning. Kris had arrived along with Lay but was awake and had been talking with Suho. Chanyeol and Baekhyun were having a competition against each other on one of their video games. Chen was reading in his room the last time Xiumin had seen him. He thought about who to go to. 

Kris and Suho were probably busy. Baekhyun and Chanyeol would be too loud. That left Chen. He smiled as he walked to the boy's room. He knocked once on the door before walking in. The boy was reading a book, snuggled up in his bed. "Chenchen." Xiumin said cheerfully. Chen looked up. "Ah, hyung." The boy said, placing the book on his lap. "What are you doing here?" He asked curiously. "I came to see you." Xiumin replied, sitting down on the bed. Chen laughed. "Why? Do you want something?" The boy asked suspiciously. Xiumin pretended to gasp in shock. "I'm hurt Chenchen. I just wanted to talk to you!" He said, his voice sounding hurt. Chen grinned. "I'm only kidding, hyung." He said, playfully pushing Xiumin. 

Xiumin and Chen both began to laugh. They spent the next hour discussing random things, like the weather, their families, EXO-M. It was peaceful.

~

Luhan's almost here. Only a few minutes to go. At least. that's what D.O. had said when Xiumin walked downstairs. Xiumin's anxiety wasn't there anymore. Only longing remained, he wanted to see Luhan again. Everyone who was awake had gathered in the living room. Sehun was already awake and smiled at Xiumin, giving a thumbs up to him when he noticed Xiumin's gaze. "Who woke you up?" Xiumin asked. "Joonmyun hyung." Sehun replied, glaring at the leader who was talking to Chen. 

Kai plopped himself down next to Sehun. "When will he come? I'm so sleepy." Kai whined. Kris sighed in agreement from his perch on the other sofa. "I'm exhausted, personally." Kris said. Sehun suddenly sat up. "Oh yeah. Chanyeol hyung, who won your competition?" He asked, looking at Chanyeol and Baekhyun. "Me." Chanyeol said proudly. Baekhyun shook his head. "Nope, he cheated." The puppy-like boy said with a pout. Chanyeol shook his head. "He's lying. He's just upset he lost." Chanyeol explained. Baekhyun gasped. "I am not! You did cheat!" He protested. "Did not!" Chanyeol retorted. "Did to!" Baekhyun insisted. "Shut up, you're giving me a migraine." D.O. said as he walked through the door. 

Baekhyun and Chanyeol immediately shut up under the owl boy's glare. Xiumin was just about to sit down next to Kris when the sound of a key was heard from the direction of the door. Muffled voices followed. Everyone sat up immediately. "He's here!" Sehun said excitedly, getting up and going to the door. Luhan's here. Xiumin swallowed nervously, standing frozen. "Come on, Minseok." He heard Kris's voice as the tall boy gently pulled him along. He turned to Kris and saw a sympathetic smile on the boy's face. "Thanks Yifan." He whispered, as the boy led him to the door. Kris simply nodded in reply. 

The door opened to reveal the manager along with Luhan. The boy's hair was messy and unstyled, his face devoid of makeup. But he was still beautiful. His face shone with laughter as Sehun engulfed him in a hug. When he was let go, Luhan turned and their eyes met. Xiumin smiled shyly, unsure of what to say or do. Luhan smiled back, a smile that was loving and warm. Xiumin had just taken a step forward when the manager spoke up. "I'll leave you members to it. Remember, 7:00 tomorrow morning, you have a training." He spoke before leaving the house, swinging the door shut. Luhan immediately walked forward and grabbing Xiumin's face, he kissed Xiumin, a full open-mouthed kiss. Xiumin unconsciously wrapped his arms around Luhan, pulling the boy closer. "Oh god. Could you guys not?" Xiumin heard Chen's disgusted comment. Luhan and Xiumin let go of each other. Xiumin's cheeks were flushed red. "Whatever, Chenchen. You're just jealous." Luhan retorted, an arm wrapped around Xiumin's waist. 

"Hi to you too, hyung!" Suho said happily, his voice sarcastic. Luhan laughed. "Greetings will be for later." He announced and then, suddenly, he picked up Xiumin, bridal style. Xiumin let out a shocked gasp and wrapped his arms around Luhan to stop himself from falling. "Luhan. What are you-" He asked but was interrupted when Luhan began to run, going up the stairs quickly. Xiumin heard Kai and Chen laughing from downstairs and blushed. Luhan let Xiumin down as he opened the door to Xiumin's room. "What the heck was that?" Xiumin asked incredulously, still shocked from the unexpected action. "I missed you." Luhan replied and he kissed Xiumin again, briefly. "I missed you too." Xiumin replied, melting from the warm words. Luhan grinned and took Xiumin's hand, gently pulling him to the bed. "How was your trip?" Xiumin asked distractedly. Luhan smiled at him and they sat down on the bed. Luhan cupped Xiumin's cheek. "I'm not leaving. I love you." Luhan said softly, his voice sincere. 

And suddenly, all of Xiumin's worries and anxieties disappeared until all that was left was love. Love for Luhan.

~~~
Cheesy as kk

Thank you for subscribing and commenting! Much appreciated!
Bye!