Appreciation

Our Story

Xiumin knew something was weird from the moment he stepped into the living room. Everyone's chatter stopped and they all turned to look at him. Suddenly, Luhan jumped up. "Baozi!" He called out before hurriedly coming over towards Xiumin with his arms wide open. He quickly enveloped the shorter boy, hugging him tightly before letting go and smiling, no, beaming. Xiumin felt pleasantly surprised. "..Hi to you too? You're excited this morning." He commented giving the boy a small smile. Luhan nodded. "Of course I am! Hey, do you want to get coffee with me later?" He asked. Duh. "Sure!" Xiumin said excitedly. 

Luhan's face lit up and he grabbed Xiumin's arm and gently pulled him towards the table. "Hyung, sit with me!" Sehun said, jumping up suddenly. "No, me!" Tao butted in. Watching the boys squabble, Xiumin's feeling of weirdness increased. Why the heck was everyone being so nice today? His thoughts were however, interrupted by Luhan's arm wrapping around his shoulder. "Please. We all know he's going to sit with me." Luhan boasted before turning to look at Minseok. "Right, Minseokkie?" He asked in a cute voice. Minseok's insides melted and his suspicions with it. "Of course." He said, smiling. Luhan punched the air. Tao and Sehun huffed before sitting down next to each other. 

Xiumin took a seat next to Luhan and Lay. "Good morning hyung!" Lay said happily. "Good morning!" Minseok replied. Hmm, Lay seemed to be overtly happy as well. He then remembered something. "Oh, sorry I didn't stay up yesterday. I was exhausted," He mumbled. "It's fine! Everyone was tired. Besides, I have some great news!" Suho said excitedly. "What is it?" Chen asked. "Tell us! Tell us! Tell us!" Baekhyun said excitedly. "We.... have... a...." Suho began dramatically. "A free day." Kris finished impatiently. As everyone cheered around them, Suho began to hit the tall boy. "I was going to say it!" He whined. "You took too long!" Kris retorted, a smirk on his face. Xiumin laughed looking at the two boys. It would be nice to get some rest, he thought, a lazy smile on his face as he imagined sitting on the couch and watching cartoons all day. Ah, it would be great. 

He was interrupted by Chanyeol suddenly appearing from the kitchen. "Ladies and, wait never mind. Gentleman and Baekhyun, I present to you, breakfast!" Chanyeol introduced dramatically. Everyone erupted in laughter. "Ya!" Baekhyun said whilst laughing. Xiumin laughed along. D.O. appeared with plates and plates of food. First was pancakes with maple syrup, lots of fruit (WATERMELON!), lemonade and orange juice, ice cream and was that-baozi (steamed buns)! 

His mouth hung open at the display. "Oh god." He whispered, in bliss. Luhan nudged him. "It's great, huh?" The boy asked. Xiumin nodded in wonder. "But why so much..?" He asked D.O. The owl-eyed boy simply shrugged. "Felt like it." He said. "We ordered most of it anyway. I only made juice and pancakes." Xiumin just shook his head. Everyone gazed at him, falling silent with an almost expectant look on their faces. "W-what? Do I have something on my face?" Xiumin asked dumbly, feeling slightly self-conscious under their gazes. "No! Of course not! It's just, being the eldest, you should eat first." Chanyeol said quickly. A elephant could have appeared in the room but Xiumin wouldn't even be surprised at this point. He began to laugh. "Since when did you guys become so particular in eating?" He asked. 

"It's only fair! You have to eat first! Quickly, hyung!" Tao urged. Fat. Xiumin shook his head. "It's okay, you guys go ahead. I'm on a diet." He said quickly, waving his arms in front of him. An uncomfortable silence spread in the room. "You don't need to diet, hyung. You're already too thin." Kai reassured. Everyone nodded in agreement. He felt even more confused, the boys had never questioned him like this before. What was wrong with them today?!

"It's not my birthday, right?" He asked lightly. Kris snorted before giving a smile to Xiumin. "Just eat, otherwise we'll never be able to." He said, amusement evident in his voice and expression. Xiumin was going to object when Luhan cut in. "Just eat." He said softly, holding onto Xiumin's arm, his eyes pleading. Well, who was Xiumin to reject those puppy-like eyes? He took some watermelon into his plate. "Okay, you guys go on." He said waving his hand. To his shock, everyone got up and began to take food and put it in his plate.

"Wait! What are you guys doing!?" He asked, shocked. "Here's some ice cream. Vanilla, your favourite." Chen said to Xiumin, ignoring the previous statement. "Some pancakes! I worked really hard, hyung." D.O. said, placing three on Xiumin's plate. "A glass of lemonade" Baekhyun began "And orange juice!" Chanyeol finished as the two boys put tall glasses in front of Xiumin. "Lastly, some baozi, just like your cheeks!" Lay said happily. 

Xiumin gazed down at the steamed buns. They were fat and thick. Did his cheeks look like that? Fat. Disgusting cheeks. Xiumin unconsciously touched his cheeks and sighed quietly. He looked up when he heard a smack. Baekhyun had smacked Lay's head. "Ow!" Lay said. "Why did you do that?" Xiumin asked, shocked. Baekhyun stared sheepishly at Xiumin. "Uh, I thought there was a bug." The boy said. Xiumin just gazed at the boy suspiciously. "Right.." He trailed off. Baekhyun just shrugged. Luhan turned to Xiumin, a pout on his face. "It's so sad." Luhan said softly. "What?" Xiumin asked curiously. "You lost so much weight. Your cheeks are so much thinner. They don't even look like baozi anymore." Luhan said, a sad expression on his face. 

Xiumin snorted. "What?" He asked. "Hmm, it is sad. However, now we can see what nice cheekbones Minseok hyung has." Kai complimented. Luhan's face lit up. "That's true!" He said and traced the line of Xiumin's cheekbones. Xiumin felt shivers at the younger boy's touch. He couldn't help the blush that came on his face and he couldn't help the smile either. "That's sweet." He managed to say once Luhan had removed his hand. 

He gazed at the plate piled with food, then back at the loving expressions on the face of s. "I'll eat it. But only for today. Tomorrow, I will go back to a strict diet." Xiumin said. Everyone nodded, looking strangely pleased with themselves. Xiumin just shrugged off the thought, quickly becoming occupied by the delicious food. 

~

The rest of the day went by very strangely though very delightful. Sehun had somehow managed to convince him to play video games with him and it was obvious to Xiumin that he had let him win, despite his repetitive protests that 'Minseok hyung is a natural!' Huh. Yeah right. Sehun played video games all the time. There was no way that Xiumin could defeat him in a game when it was his first time playing and Sehun had been playing since high school.

He was then dragged by Tao who begged him to help the younger boy sort out his clothing. As they were doing it, Tao had been throwing compliments at how 'organised' and 'helpful' Xiumin was. Tao had then thanked Xiumin and even given him a beanie as a 'present for always helping his maknae out'. Xiumin had gratefully accepted the gift but couldn't help but feel a bit suspicious. 

The next two people had been Lay and Kris who had been working on a song. They had asked for suggestions from him. He had been shocked but also flattered. He had spent half an hour listening to the boys sing and make adjustments. He had felt so incredibly amazing that he hadn't even questioned their suddenly asking him. All he could think about was 'god, i'm actually useful'. 

He had then been taken in by the beagle line. They had somehow convinced him to join them for a pillow fight (he must have been feeling glorius and awesome after his time with Kris and Lay, he reasoned). It had been hilarious especially when a pillow erupted in Chanyeol's face, feathers flying everywhere. He had left, clutching his stomach, trying to make the pain of laughing too much go away. 

He had instantly been grabbed by Kai who asked him whether Xiumin would dance with the boy. He had agreed immediately and they had spent an hour of silence, dancing perfectly in sync with each other. He felt like he understood Kai, at least, when it came to dance. After they had finished the dancing, Kai had complimented Xiumin. "You're really good at dancing." He had said to Xiumin, a bit awkwardly but completely sincere. Xiumin had laughed. "What, is it 'compliment Xiumin' day?" He joked. Kai had laughed along before cheesily saying "There's just so much to compliment." Xiumin had smacked the boy but thanked him anyway. 

It was only when he was taken to Suho that he began to feel suspicious. The leader had given a long speech on how amazing Minseok was, with various inspirational quotations included. When the boy finished, Xiumin had felt a bit overwhelmed. The leader had painted Minseok as a hero from an old tale. He had thanked him sincerely before asking him what the heck was going on. The boy had laughed awkwardly before insisting nothing was going on. 

When D.O. came to him, Xiumin immediately confronted him. "What is going on?" He asked the boy bluntly. D.O. shook his head. "Nothing." He said calmly. Xiumin just rolled his eyes. "Yeah, right." He said. D.O. refused to look up from the floor. Xiumin sighed. "Look, I really appreciate what everyone is doing for me, I can see that they're being nicer to me. I just want to know why. Did something bad happen?" Xiumin asked quietly. D.O. looked up. "I shouldn't tell you." He mumbled. "Please, tell me! I won't tell anyone!" Xiumin pleaded. 

D.O. sighed and nodded. Xiumin leaned in, curious to know what exactly made the members act so kindly (but differently) to him. "We found the hate letter." D.O. admitted. Instant realization came to Xiumin. "Ah." He mumbled. "How?" D.O. explained a bit frantically how he had found the letter on the floor and how he hadn't meant to snoop but had been overcome with curiosity. Xiumin managed to figure out the rest of the story but was flattered when D.O. put emphasis on how Luhan had been so affected by it. Once he had finished his explanation, Xiumin nodded. "Thanks Kyungsoo. I really appreciate what you did for me. It's okay, I'm fine." Xiumin said hugging the boy. D.O. stared at him. "Are you sure you're okay?" He asked. Xiumin nodded. "Yeah." He said. "I don't think you're okay." D.O. replied bluntly. Xiumin cocked his head. "What do you mean?" He asked nervously. 

"The reason why I feel so comfortable around you, hyung, is because you are a lot like me. I know that if I did recieve hate, I would be extremely affected by the comments. You are affected as well." Kyungsoo reasoned. Xiumin just stared at the boy. "It's okay hyung. It's okay to be affected." D.O. mumbled giving Xiumin a hug. Xiumin hugged him back. "Thanks. Really. Thanks." Xiumin wanted to say a lot more about how thankful he was but he couldn't manage to let the words out. D.O. nodded, an understanding look on his face. "I know." The younger boy said soflty, patting his shoulder. Huh. Maybe he does understand me. Xiumin smiled.

D.O. walked inside the kitchen and brought back a piece of silver shiny paper. "By the way, hyung. Here you go. It's for you, from Luhan hyung." D.O. said, holding it out to Xiumin. Xiumin gazed at the paper curiously before opening it. He read the note, feeling more and more curious. "Now? Should I go now?" Xiumin asked. D.O. smiled before nodding. "Okay, then. I better get going." He said smiling and turned to leave. 

His eyes scanned the note once again and a small smile came on his face. 

"Minseok, 

Come to the third dance studio in SM's building. 

I'll be waiting. 

Luhan"

There was a heart just before Luhan's name. Xiumin selfishly read it as 'Love, Luhan'

~~~

ugh im so upset 

this is going to ruin the minseok-luhan structure that my chapters have because there JUST HAS to be a minseok view point in the next chapter

ugh

sorryyyyy

i hope you dont mind too much

ANYWAY, i have to actually do homework now. kill meh

Thanks for subs! It makes my day!

Bye!