Only me and you

Our Story

Luhan was sick of Baekhyun and Chanyeol. He stared at the mess the two boys had made of the room during a pillow fight. The two boys were staring down at their feet, looking like puppies as they apologised for the mess. Luhan pinched the bridge of his nose before sighing deeply. "Just clean it up." He said angrily. The two boys nodded frantically before rushing to clean the mess. I shouldn't have switched with Chen, Luhan thought. 

You see, originally, Luhan had been rooming with D.O. and Xiumin. D.O. had been relatively clean and rarely bothered anyone. He was rarely in the room, always busy doing cooking or off in his own little world. Xiumin was very clean and their room had always been the neatest. Chen had begged Luhan to let him stay in with D.O. and Xiumin for a week. Luhan had originally said no but had finally agreed when Chen bought him a football jersey. 

I can see why he wanted to move, Luhan thought. Rooming with the two liveliest members of EXO was exhausting mentally and physically. Chanyeol never seemed to run out of energy and was so hyperactive sometimes that Luhan wanted to tie the boy down so he would stop moving. He was also very loud and took ages to fall asleep. Baekhyun was very sarcastic and would never hesitate to criticise Luhan, which he found infuriating. He also took absolutely ages to sleep and when he did sleep, he made weird noises. 

Needless to say, Luhan was counting down the days.

"Lunch is ready! Lunch is ready! Lunch is ready!" He heard Sehun and Kai shout. It had become a tradition that once D.O. finished cooking, the two maknaes would run up and down the stairs, notifying everyone of the food's arrival. Chanyeol dropped the pillow on the bed. "Finally! I'm starving. See you downstairs hyung." He said to Luhan before grabbing Baekhyun's hand and dragging him out. "Ya! Let me go!" He heard Baekhyun say. Luhan shook his head in frustration.

He walked downstairs and saw that almost everyone was seated. He was going to sit next to Xiumin but saw Chen occupy the seat before he could even get to the table. Luhan frowned. He always sat next to Xiumin. Xiumin noticing Luhan's frown looked at him quizzically, his eyebrows raised. 

"Luhan, why aren't you sitting down?" Suho asked, waiting behind him. "Sorry." Luhan sighed. He sat down next to Sehun. "Oh, hi hyung." Sehun said looking surprised. "Hey." Luhan said grumpily, grabbing a plate. "OK, here it is." D.O. said carrying a gigantic bowl of soup. Chanyeol got up to help him carry it and place it down. "Wahh, it looks great! Good job D.O.!" Xiumin said giving him a thumbs up. Everyone agreed. Luhan patted the quiet boy's shoulder. D.O. just cleared his throat, looking down and smiling. 

"Can we eat?" Tao asked Suho. Suho nodded. "Go ahead." 

Everyone tucked in, eager for the warm food. Luhan stared at Xiumin, who was happily conversing with Chen. "Hyung, are you even listening?" He heard. "Huh? Oh, sorry Sehun." Luhan asked turning to Sehun. The boy looked annoyed. "I was just asking you whether you wanted to join me and Kai afterwards for a round of video games?" 

"Uhh, no thanks." He replied. The maknae just nodded before turning away to talk to Tao. He continued watching Xiumin and Chen. Chen had apparently just told a joke because Xiumin was doubled over, his hand clutching Chen's arm as he laughed. 

Luhan's stomach turned. He didn't like the way Chen was looking at Xiumin at all. 

"Hey Xiumin. You want to go get a coffee after lunch?" He suddenly blurted out. He saw, from the corner of his eye, Sehun turn to look at him. Luhan's eyes, however were focused on Xiumin. The older boy opened his mouth, about to give a reply when Chen interrupted him. "Actually, Minseok hyung is going to help me sort out my clothes, he says it's too messy." Chen said, an arrogant smirk on his face. Xiumin gave Luhan an apologetic smile. 

Chen, that ing bastard, Luhan thought, stabbing the vegeables in his soup with his spoon. "Uh, hyung? Are you okay?" Sehun asked him. "Yes, why wouldn't I be?" Luhan said angrily. Sehun got startled from the tone and just raised his eyebrows and arms as if to say I'm out, continuting his conversation with Tao. 

Luhan immediately felt bad about his outburst but couldn't bring himself to apologize, for some reason. He put his head in his hands. Today was going horribly. He didn't know why he was feeling so angry and upset. He had never really experienced this before. Unless, no, it couldn't be. Was he- Could he possibly be jealous? Jealous of Chen? Luhan's face flushed. He was, oh my god. He's my best friend, Luhan thought. Not Chen's. Nothing to worry about. 

He took a peek at Chen and Xiumin and froze. Chen had wrapped his arm around Xiumin's shoulder and was whispering into his ear. Luhan felt rage. 

"STOP IT!" He blurted out. Everyone froze on the table, looking at him. "Luhan, what's wrong?" Suho asked, looking confused. He stared at everyone. They looked confused. Clueless. Couldn't they see what Chen was doing? He looked at Chen, who looked innocent; confused even. His eyes locked onto Xiumin, the boy looked surprised. "I-" Luhan let out, feeling tears in his eyes. Unable to stand Xiumin's stare anymore, Luhan staggered away from the table before running up the stairs, into his room. 

He closed the door and locked it, before jumping into the bed. He sobbed into his pillow, all the time wondering, why? why? why?

~

After Luhan's abrupt departure, everyone began to talk. Lay and Sehun got up immediately, going up the stairs to see what was wrong. Xiumin felt incredibly confused. He recalled Luhan's eyes when he had looked at Xiumin. They had been full of hurt and anger. Why? Xiumin wondered resting his head on his hand. 

He felt someone poke him. He glanced up, it was D.O. 
"Hyung, I think you should go see Luhan." D.O. said quietly. "Why me?" Xiumin asked, surprise in his voice. "He'll only listen to you." D.O. said before adding "You're his best friend, right?" 

Xiumin nodded. "Okay." He said getting up before walking to the room. "Just open the door, hyung. Please!" Sehun was pleading. "Luhan, please listen! Tell us what's wrong." Lay said knocking on the door repeatedly. Lay noticed Xiumin. "Ah, hyung! Why don't you try?" He asked him. "Nothing's working." Sehun said, his usually emotionless expression replaced by a look of concern. 

Xiumin nodded, walking in front of the door. The other two boys stepped back. Xiumin knocked the door. He took a deep breath. "Luhan, it's me, Minseok." He called out. "Open the door." 

There was only silence in reply. Xiumin sighed. "I guess it didn't-" Xiumin was cut off by the click of the door opening. Luhan stood there, his face streaked with tears. Xiumin felt a pang of concern for the boy. "Hyung-" Sehun began, relief in his voice. "No. Only Minseok." Luhan's voice was shaky and quiet but firm. Xiumin walked in.

Luhan closed the door and turned, before walking to his bed and laying down face first. Xiumin trailed behind him and sat down on the bed, next to the younger boy. "Luhan, what's wrong?" He said softly. "Nothing." Luhan replied, his voice muffled by the blanket. "It's obviously not nothing." Xiumin retorted. He got no reply. Xiumin looked at the boy, getting more and more worried. "Luhan, you're getting me all worried. What's wrong?" He asked, more softly this time. "It's embarrassing." Luhan said. 

Xiumin felt more and more curious. Hmmm. He would have to do this another way. He got into the bed, taking off his slippers and putting the blanket up to his chin. "What are you doing?" Luhan asked him, his body turned around. Xiumin saw his face. Luhan was no longer crying but his nose and eyes were red. His eyebrows were scrunched up in confusion. "Cuddling up with my best buddy!" Xiumin said cheerfully, a wide gummy smile on his face. A small smile came on Luhan's face before he turned away from Xiumin. "Aww Luhan! Don't ignore me!" Xiumin said in a cutesy voice trying to get the boy to turn around. He heard a chuckle. "Act your age." 

Xiumin felt a smile come to his face. He had made Luhan smile AND laugh. "This is Baozi trying to connect to Lu-ge. Baozi to Lu-ge. Lu-ge, do you accept my call?" He asked, pretending he was using a walkie talkie. Luhan shot up before turning to face Xiumin, "What did you call me?" He asked, staring right at Xiumin. Xiumin froze, his hands in the air, around the imaginary walkie talkie. "Do you accept my call?" He asked confused as to what Luhan was talking about. Luhan shook his head, leaning closer so that his face and body were just over Xiumin. "What did you call me?" He asked. 

Xiumin felt confused. "Lu-ge?" He asked uncertainly. "Yeah, that." Luhan breathed out. "What about it?" Xiumin asked. "Is that my new nickname?" Luhan asked, a smile on his face. "Do you want it to be?" Xiumin asked hesitantly. Luhan nodded. "I do, I really do." He said eagerly. "Okay.." Xiumin laughed awkwardly. Luhan flopped back onto the bed. 

They remained silent. 

"I was jealous." Luhan muttered quietly. "Sorry?" Xiumin asked, confused. "I was jealous of you and Chen. There, I said it." Luhan said pouting, his arms crossed over his chest. Xiumin let out a breath. He had been jealous? He thought it had been something more serious. 

"Jealous, why?" Xiumin asked curiously. "I thought I was being replaced." Luhan admitted, before letting out a shaky laugh. "I know, it makes me sound cingy and possessive and weird-" He was cut off by Xiumin's hug. Xiumin was now literally lying on top of Luhan. His arms wrapped around Luhan's chest. Xiumin heard Luhan breath hitch. "You're an idiot. Nobody could replace you. You're my best friend. My favourite member." Xiumin said sincerely. He felt Luhan wrap his arms around his torso. He snuggled closer. "So you don't need to ever get jealous. No one could replace you." Xiumin added, his voice a bit muffled by Luhan's shirt. 

"Your favourite member, huh?" Luhan's voice said teasingly although his shaky voice told Xiumin that he was unsure of himself. "I'm Luhan's number one fan." Xiumin said reassuringly, looking up at the younger boy. Luhan had a wide smile on his face. "And I'm Kim Minseok's biggest fan." Luhan replied. Xiumin laughed back at him. 

"Now, how about the trip to the coffee ship? I can help Chen later." 

~~~~~

TAKE A SHOT EVERY TIME THE WORD CONFUSED IS MENTIONED

Sorry, I know it's not very good. Also, I might be skipping forward a bit to the Wolf Era. Tell me what you think about that, whether you mind or not. 

Lastly, thanks to the people who subscribed as well as the lovely comments. It's really appreciated.