Coming home

Our Story

Xiumin felt a sense of peace as he stepped off the plane. He breathed in the air, it felt different. Lighter somehow. He looked around and smiled. He looked at the Hangul on the various signs and felt strangely happy being able to actually understand the characters.

He walked down the stairs, feeling happier and happier with each step. It was late at night, 4:30 in the morning to be exact. Their flight had been delayed because of a thunderstorm and they had arrived a day late, to Xiumin's annoyance. But now, they were finally here. And even better, there were no fans.

The fans had expected them the day before and after a no show, they had given up. Not that he hadn't found the fans at the airport in Beijing flattering, he was touched honestly, but it was definitely more peaceful.

Xiumin recognized one of the managers of EXO-K who walked over to them. "Hello boys. How was the flight?" He asked them as they gathered around, removing their headphones. "Long." Chen retorted. "I'm tired." Tao whined, his head against Lay's shoulder. "You slept through the whole flight." Luhan said, staring with a bewildered expression on his face as he waved his arms around.

He waved his arms around a lot, Xiumin noticed, just like a fish. He smirked at the thought. "Don't be mean to me Luhan-ge. I need my beauty sleep. Kris-ge, tell him to stop." Tao said pulling at Kris's sleeve. With his earphones in his ear, Kris didn't look like he gave two s about Tao's beauty sleep but nevertheless he sighed and said "Luhan, leave him alone."

Luhan was about to shoot back a reply but the manager quickly came in. "We should get to the dorm quickly. The boys are waiting." He said. Everyone immediately started to move. Tao started to jump, getting excited at the thought of meeting up with EXO-K. Kris even removed his earphones and put them in his bag. Chen jumped along with Tao and soon they managed to pull Luhan into it and the three were jumping like idiots.

Lay and Xiumin exchanged knowing glances. "Aish, these-" "childish kids." Lay finished and the both laughed. "Come on, now. No time to lose. The car is outside." The manager said before walking towards the exit. Everyone followed him, their suitcases making a song on the cold floor of the airport.

Luhan came next to him as they walked to the exit. "It'll be nice to see them again, huh?" He asked Xiumin. Xiumin nodded back. "It's nice to be back, honestly." He admitted. "You didn't like Beijing?" Luhan asked pouting. "That's my hometown, you know." "I liked it," Xiumin said quickly reassuring him, "The schedule was horrible though." "Yeah, that I can agree with." Luhan said nodding his head.

As the automatic doors opened, Xiumin was reminded once again of Korea's ing cold climate. He immediately shivered, he had never been good with cold weather. "You need another jacket?" Luhan asked him opening his bag before Xiumin could even answer.

"It's okay. I have my own." Xiumin said. "...." "I already took it out though, just take it!" Luhan insisted, giving him a thick grey hoodie. "Thanks." ~ Inside the car, everyone became silent. The ride to the dorm would take at least two hours, the manager had said and everyone wanted to get some rest. After the long trainings and interviews in China, everyone had mastered the art of nap taking.

Tao, especially, could sleep anywhere at anytime. In fact, no more than two minutes in the car and he was already dreaming. "Sweet dreams Zitao." Xiumin said affectionately patting the young boy on his head. Kris and the manager were sitting in the front of the car. Xiumin and Luhan in the next row and Chen, Lay and Tao at the back. They spent the car ride either sleeping or listening to music.

Xiumin gazed out of the window, looking at the familiar buildings and areas which he had grown up around. Eventually, they arrived at the dorm. The Manager looked back at him. "Xiumin, Kris, wake the others up." He said before getting out of the car to take the suitcases out. Xiumin and Kris were always the only ones awake when they went on car trips. Xiumin had never really been a fan of naps and Kris would stay awake by listening to music as he would get really grumpy when waking up from naps.

Luhan would sometimes stay awake but today he hadn't. He leaned over to him and patted his arm. "Luhan, wake up." He said to the sleeping boy. Wow, he looked pretty even when asleep. Definitely meant to be a visual. Luhan moaned slightly before turning away. "Luhan. We've arrived. Come on." He repeated patiently. "Minseok-ah, I'm tired. Just a few minutes more." Luhan mumbled. "You can sleep once we get inside." Xiumin negotiated. "Mmm, I'm too tired to move. Carry me there." Luhan whispered. "I thought you were manly. I thought that you said sleep was for the weak. You're not weak are you?" Minseok said teasingly leaning closer to whisper it, knowing it would irk him. Luhan's eyes snapped open. "Fine." He turned his head quickly to Xiumin and their noses banged into each other. "Ahhh," Minseok said rubbing his nose. Luhan groaned as well. "I'm definitely awake now." He said moving to get out. Xiumin grasped his arm. "No, wait, you have to help me wake up Tao, Chen and Lay." He said.

"I'm awake. Kris already woke me up." Chen said sleepily from behind them. "Lay hyung is already outside as well." "So that leaves-" "Tao." They both said simultaneously before groaning at their bad luck.

Tao was impossible to wake up and would often lash out at the people who were waking him with his wushu moves. After ten minutes of getting beaten up- sorry, waking up Tao- they finally got to the front door.

The Manager fiddled with the keys before opening the door. The TV could he heard as soon as they entered. They abandoned their suitcases in the hallway before walking into the living room. The room had streamers everywhere and two signs, one in Mandarin and another in Korean, saying 'Welcome back home!' On the table, food had been set out, Kimchi Spaghetti, D.O.'s signature dish as well as chicken (probably because of Kai) and a bunch of bubble tea containers, some half empty (Sehun).

The 6 members of EXO-K however, were all sprawled out sleeping. Suho was laying on the sofa with his arms crossed on his chest and next to him was Sehun cuddled up like a baby to his mother. D.O. was in a corner sleeping with his head against the wall, with Kai next to him. On the main sofa was Chanyeol who's arms and legs were spread out. Baekhyun was next to him clutching Chanyeol tightly, his body sprawled over the taller boy. "Oh, this is perfect for blackmail." Chen whispered gleefully taking out his phone to take pictures of Chanyeol and Baekhyun.

"Ya! You guys! Wake up!" A grumpy Tao yelled his voice thick from sleep as he hit Chanyeol's arm. Chanyeol's face grimaced before he turned around and went back to sleep. "Oh my god." Chen said trying to muffle his giggles. Baekhyun and Chanyeol's faces were only inches apart. Xiumin ignored the scene, instead choosing to smack Tao. "Stop. They're tired too." He whispered. "Did they wait up for us?" Kris blurted out. Everyone turned to look at him. Xiumin raised his eyebrows, was he joking? "What's with this guy, of course they did. Look at the whole set up." Tao said frustrated at Kris.

Luhan laughed, slinging his arm around Xiumin and Lay's shoulders. "Well, I think we should wake them up now, huh?" He asked both of them. "But how? They're like, dead." Tao complained loudly. "Shhh." Xiumin and Luhan both said immediately. "Too late." They heard a sleepy but angry person say. They turned to see D.O. walking towards them. His usually innocent eyes were replaced with murderous rage and they were aimed right at Tao.

He's gonna get it, Xiumin thought. Tao's face paled immediately and he gulped. "Ah, hyung." He let out weakly putting his arms up in surrender but he was too late as D.O. kneed him in the groin. Tao let out a high-pitched scream before falling down in pain. "Minseok hyung." D.O. said, his eyes now happy again. "Kyungsoo." Xiumin let out before hugging the boy. "I missed you. The interviews were terrifying. I couldn't say a thing." He heard Kyungsoo mumble. "I know. I missed you too." Xiumin replied. Xiumin had always had a soft spot for the quiet boy, feeling sympathy for the boy's fear of speaking in public, after all, he knew exactly how it felt.

D.O. hugged the other members before rubbing his eyes tiredly. "We tried to stay up. I cooked." He muttered. "It looks great, why don't we eat it tomorrow though? Everyone's exhausted, it seems." Lay suggested. Everyone nodded. "I'll, um, I'll take Kai to his bedroom." D.O. said clearing his throat before moving away.

"I'll take Suho hyung then." Tao said, having recovered from the blow. Kris followed him. Chen was still by Chanyeol and Baekhyun. Being the troll he was, Chen was poking Chanyeol's cheek. Chanyeol, still sleeping deeply, swatted blindly at Chen who laughed avoiding it. Chen's laugh was loud and obnoxious and annoying but it had it's perks. Chanyeol moaned waking up to the sound of the laugh.

He stared sleepily at Baekhyun, his mind apparently unable to comprehend who this boy was that he was next to before his eyes widened in recognition and he shot up. Chen began to laugh even harder and Xiumin joined him. "What happened? How did I- Jongdae! Yixing hyung! You guys arrived!" The boy said excitedly jumping off the sofa. He hugged everyone (smacking Chen before hugging the boy) and when reaching Xiumin, even lifted him up.

"Yah!" Xiumin said laughing. "Did you get even taller?" Chanyeol laughed at that and Xiumin felt a rush of affection for his happy dongsaeng. He ruffled the boy's hair before turning to his sleeping partner, Baekhyun. Chanyeol turned as well. He kicked the boy lightly. "Ya, Baek, wake up." He said. "Uhhhh," Baekhyun let out. Chanyeol sighed. "I'll handle him."

Xiumin grabbed Luhan's hand. The boy turned to him. "Let's get Sehun." He suggested. Luhan nodded and they both carried the still sleeping boy up the stairs. They groaned under the weight of the younger boy. "Why is he so tall?" Luhan whined. Xiumin just shrugged in response. "Hyung. Minseok Hyung?" Sehun let out groggily. "Yeah. It's me." Xiumin said, smiling at the boy. "And Luhan hyung as well?" He asked, his voice thick. "Yeah. How'd you know?" Luhan asked. "You two are always together." Sehun said before closing his eyes, a small smile on his face.

~

It wasn't hours later until they managed to get a bedroom. They both glanced at the single bed. "Oh, let's just both sleep on it. It doesn't matter." Luhan said before collapsing on the bed. Xiumin yawned. "Yeah, okay." He got into the bed. "You must be happy, being back." Luhan said his eyes serious, as he stared at Xiumin. "Yeah, but I do miss the heat a bit." He admitted. Luhan smiled. "That's nice to know, I thought you hated Beijing."

"Sheesh. I don't hate it." Xiumin replied. Luhan smiled before putting his arm around the Xiumin and pulling him closer. "Luhan?" Xiumin asked, a bit confused.

"Shh. It's cold in Korea." Luhan whispered, his eyes closed.

Xiumin smiled before moving closer.

"Not now."

~~~

UH

I KNOW

experimenting different paragraph spacings

this website is y