Arrival in Germany

Our Story

It was beautiful. The sky was cloudy and dark, despite being autumn and the clouds mingling with the sky created a calm grey colour. The houses were so antique, so foreign, so captivating. The city was unlike anything that Xiumin had ever seen and yet so familiar with its tall skyscrapers and commercial buildings. It was early in the morning, around 4:30am, when Xiumin first saw Germany. He fell in love almost instantly.

Tao shrieked in delight before running to the window which showed a pretty good view of the country and took a selfie. Kris followed the boy, an amused expression on his face. The beagle line ran up to the window, pressing their faces against the glass, sounds of disbelief and awe coming from their mouths.

Xiumin watched them with a smile and turned instinctively to Luhan. He was shocked to see the boy already looking at him with a curious smile on his face. “It’s beautiful, huh?” Xiumin asked him quietly. Luhan nodded, breaking eye contact as he looked forward. “I can’t wait to explore it.” He said slowly, almost hesitantly. Xiumin knew what the boy was thinking; if. If they got to explore it. If they were given time to enjoy the area.

He reached for Luhan’s hand and held it, squeezing it gently in reassurance. Luhan gave him a small smile and squeezed back as they walked towards where Lay and Suho were sitting on their individual suitcases talking in hushed tones. “Hey.” Luhan greeted and sat down next to Suho. “Whoa, careful! I’m not sure if the bag can take that much weight.” Suho said, his tone relaxed and happy. Xiumin sat down next to Lay, on his suitcase. Lay giggled. “Presenting, EXO’s hyungs.” He announced staring at the 4 of them as they sat on their suitcases.

“Hey, don’t forget Kris!” Suho said eagerly before turning to where the boy was having his picture taken by Chen. “Wufan! Come here!” Suho called out. Kris turned at his given name and walked over. “What is it?” He asked, looking at them on the suitcases. “Sit with us. Join the hyung line.” Luhan said giddily. Kris stared at them before shaking his head and sighing. “Act your age.” He said. “Come on Kris, please?” Suho pouted. Lay joined in, repeatedly saying “Wufan ge! Wufan-ge!” Xiumin and Luhan continued in the chant and soon, Suho joined in as well. Kris cracked a smile at that and sat down, on Luhan’s lap. Luhan let out a whimper. “Your bones! Your bones! They’re freaking sharp!” The manly boy whined. Kris got up and then connecting the two suitcases, lay down on everyone’s laps. His feet were just over Luhan’s lap and his head was nested firmly on Xiumin’s lap. Xiumin giggled as Kris did a peace sign. “Swag.” The boy said coolly before suddenly bursting into goofy and adorable laughter.

Soon, they were all laughing along because it was Kris laughing and when Kris laughed, so did you. Suho, being his usual idiotic self, threw his head back as he laughed causing the suitcase to tilt backwards before collapsing on the floor. Kris, who’s lower body was with them, turned his body towards Xiumin and Lay in shock which caused their suitcase to tilt as well and they fell onto the floor. Xiumin landed on his bum. It was painful.

~

20 minutes later and they were waiting for the manager to come back. Apparently, there had been an unexpected turn up at the airport; German fans had come to welcome them. Xiumin felt oddly flattered at the thought; I mean; German fans! Who would have thought EXO would be popular enough to have fans in Germany? He certainly hadn’t.

They had all made themselves comfortable on the chairs in the waiting area, draping themselves over multiple chairs. Chanyeol, Baekhyun, Chen, Sehun and Tao seemed to be playing tag and Suho had been trying (unsuccessfully) to get them to stop. Kris and Lay were sitting together, listening to music as they waited. Kai and D.O. were sitting in the corner together, talking quietly. Xiumin had noticed that they spent a lot of time together. He would have to talk to D.O. about what was going on. Luhan was sitting next to Xiumin, playing Temple Run on his IPad. His eyebrows were scrunched up in concentration as he stared at the screen, dodging monkeys. Xiumin was pretending that he was watching Luhan play the game but in reality, he was just looking at Luhan. It wasn’t Xiumin’s fault that Luhan was adorable and pretty.

He was interrupted in his thoughts of how cute Luhan’s ears were when the manager came in, looking hassled. Luhan paused his game and stood up, walking to the manager. Xiumin followed him. When everyone had gathered, the manager spoke up. “Okay, bad news and good news.” The manager announced. “Bad news first.” Sehun said immediately. “You’re going to have to stay at the airport for a bit longer.” The manager said, wincing as everyone groaned and muttered in frustration. “Good news?” Chanyeol asked optimistically. The manager held up a large bag. “I bought some pretzels.” He said, his tone and expression ridiculously serious. Chen cackled, clinging to Lay’s shoulder. “Oh my god.” The boy gasped out. “I’m surrounded by weirdos.”

The manager snorted. “Well if you don’t want them, then-” He was cut off by Kai. “We want them!” The young dancer said, his tone panicked at the thought of not getting pretzels. “How long will we have to stay?” D.O. asked curiously. The manager made a sour expression. “Around 3 more hours.” He admitted. D.O.’s eyes widened, almost comically. “3 hours?!” He asked incredulously. The manager nodded.

Xiumin shook his head in irritation. “Great.” He heard Kris comment sarcastically from next to him. The others went back to their spots. The game of tag started again, though they had to change from running to walking after witnessing the manager’s harsh glare and were also eating pretzels as they played. Kai and D.O. were listening to music together on their phone, with Kai holding a bunch of pretzels in his hand. Lay was cuddled up against Kris, probably about to sleep. Kris was eating one of the pretzels as he listened to music on his phone. Suho settled himself next to Kris and Lay and attempted to converse with one of them and after being ignored, began to read a book. Luhan walked to the bag and came back with 6 pretzels, three for each. Xiumin thanked him and ate the warm, delicious food.

He sighed softly once he was finished. After eating the food, he was feeling sleepy. He hadn’t gotten a lot of sleep in the plane, being sandwiched between Tao and Luhan. He glanced at Luhan who was playing his game again. “Luhan.” He said, hesitantly. Luhan let out a “Hmmm” as he continued to play. “I’m going to sleep. Can you-” He was interrupted by the younger boy. “Yeah, I’ve got you. Don’t worry.” The younger boy said as he managed to get past a tricky obstacle. Xiumin smiled softly before resting his head against the boy’s shoulder falling asleep almost instantly.

~

His pleasant dream about deers was interrupted when he heard a heartbeat. It wasn’t loud but Xiumin could still hear it clearly against his left ear. It was beating a little faster than normal and the repetitive lullaby made him feel sleepy again. He heard Chanyeol’s loud and deep voice. “Luhan hyung, you need help carrying him?” He felt movement and heard a sweet voice, Luhan’s. “No, it’s okay. I got him.”

In this daze, he felt himself being put into a car and cold hands on his hands and chest and he felt something being put on him. A seatbelt, he realized sleepily. He shivered against the touch of the cold hands and heard a soft laugh. “Luhan.” He recognized, whispering the boy’s name. He opened his heavy eyes and saw the boy’s sparkly eyes and cute smile. “It’s okay, rest.” Luhan said softly. Xiumin nodded and went back to sleep obediently, a small smile on his lips.

~

He woke up later to see Luhan in front of an unfamiliar white closet, gazing into a mirror. “What, where are we?” Xiumin yawned, still half asleep. Luhan turned at his voice and walked over to the bed. “Baozi.” He said in a teasing voice. “It’s bedtime now.” Xiumin’s eyes widened. “I slept for the entire day!?” He asked frantically, shooting up. Luhan placed a calming hand on his chest and pushed him back on the bed. “Don’t worry. It took 6 hours before we could leave the airport. Almost everyone fell asleep. Since everyone was tired, the manager told us to rest for the day. It’s not like there was anything planned for today, anyway.” Luhan explained. Xiumin nodded. “What’s the hotel like?” He asked softly. Luhan grinned. “Trust you to think about something like that.” He said as he flopped down next to him. “It’s beautiful. But, that’s for tomorrow. Let’s just sleep now.” He said nuzzling Xiumin’s neck.

Xiumin leaned into his touch. “But I don’t think I’m tired anymore.” He admitted. Luhan looked up and smirked. “Then stare at me while I sleep. Marvel at my beauty.” The boy boasted. Xiumin smacked his head, scoffing. “I’m not like you, a creepy ert.” He retorted. Luhan eyes widened in mock anger as he got up, pinning Xiumin against the bed. “But you like this ert. Don’t you, Kim Minseok?” Luhan whispered, his voice husky against Xiumin’s ear. He felt all tingly and weird. “Why are you so weird?” He asked Luhan instead. Luhan laughed lightly. “Because of you. You make me all weird.” Luhan said against Xiumin’s cheek. Xiumin snorted. “Yeah, yeah.” He said. Luhan smiled, a bit sadly. “You don’t seem to get how much I love you.” The boy commented.

Xiumin just stared as Luhan reached to kiss Xiumin. Xiumin clapped a hand over Luhan’s mouth, pushing the boy away. “You can’t!” He insisted. Luhan raised an eyebrow questioningly. Xiumin blushed. “My, my breath, it’s stinky.” He admitted staring at Luhan’s chest. There was silence. Xiumin, out of curiosity, looked up quickly and was frozen by Luhan’s intense stare. “What is it?” He asked nervously.

“Kim Minseok. You are going to be the death of me.” Luhan said before breaking into a grin. “How can someone be so cute?” He said, pinching Xiumin’s cheeks. Xiumin rubbed at the cheeks, a bit confused. “What?” He asked dumbly. Luhan giggled before sighing in content. “I don’t care.” He said simply before kissing Xiumin.

 

And Xiumin melted.

~~~

YAY TESTS OVER 

*releases inner chanyeol* I ACED THEM 

probably not lol

ANYWAY, Thank you to everyone for the sweet comments and omigod, the subscribers! You guys rock!

Thank you for reading this story, despite it being quite rough and rushed most of the time. 

THANK YOU!
Bye!