Normal

Our Story

Confusion, Disbelief, Shock, Excitement; Luhan felt all of these after the announcement from the managers. He could distinctly hear Chanyeol’s deep cheer and Sehun’s ‘Yehet!’ as well as Tao’s girly scream. He could almost see Suho’s tears at the announcement and Kris’s unrestricted grin. He turned to Xiumin and saw the boy smiling up at him already, his eyes shining with happiness.

 

“Minseok-ah.” Luhan let out. Xiumin nodded. “I know. I know.” The boy said before hugging Luhan, his arms wrapping around Luhan’s shoulders. Luhan rested his head on top of the boy. “I can’t believe it.” He whispered and despite the chaos around them, Xiumin heard it. “I know.” The shorter boy said softly, his voice filled with shock.

 

The managers had called them 10 minutes ago, saying that they had an announcement to make. The members had been confused but it had disappeared from the announcement.

 

“You’re going to Europe.”

 

~

 

They had toured around Asia, even visited parts of America but never had they thought they would be popular enough to go to Europe.


The managers had said that ‘Growl’ had received such positive and overwhelming feedback from countries outside of Asia that it had been decided that they would be holding some concerts in Germany, Russia and even Mexico! These were just some of a countless number of other countries but Luhan had tuned out, overwhelmed by the 4 simple words.

 

It was crazy, like Suho repeated for the rest of the day. Crazy that they were going, crazy that they were that popular. During their break after training, everyone called their parents, their homes, excited to share the incredible news. Suho began to cry, which in turn made Tao cry. The two of them sat on the floor of the dance practice room, crying, getting uglier with every tear.

 

Baekhyun teased the two of them relentlessly, much to everyone’s amusement. Luhan’s call was short; his parents congratulated him before asking him when he would come visit them. He didn’t have an answer to that and the phone call ended awkwardly with half-hearted promises of his return that would be broken.

 

He was cheered up by Xiumin, who sensing the boy’s homesickness came to him and began to distract him by talking about popular attractions that they could go to in Germany (having just researched them on his phone). There were still some choreographers in the room so Luhan couldn’t kiss Xiumin, unfortunately.

 

~

It was later, when they were at their dorm, that Luhan and Xiumin managed to get some alone time. Baekhyun had gotten Suho’s permission for a celebratory party and was making plans (he had decided to hold it tomorrow morning). Xiumin had volunteered to get the food and of course, Luhan went with him.

 

They went to the supermarket, their hands clenched. They hadn’t told the managers, knowing that they would reject it. They managed to get out and go to the supermarket without any hassle, protected by beanies and masks. They took a trolley and began to shop. Xiumin was moving the trolley around and Luhan would get the food that Xiumin pointed at. As they were going past the dairy section, Xiumin’s phone began to beep. Xiumin took it out in confusion and looked at the screen. He began to laugh and showed the screen to Luhan.

 

There were multiple messages from Sehun, reminding them to get jelly. Luhan laughed. “Typical.” He commented. Xiumin nodded. “Do you want to get strawberry or lychee flavoured jelly?” He asked Luhan bending down to pick up the two packets. As he bent down, the shape of his bum was accentuated. He really shouldn’t wear such tight shorts, Luhan thought absentmindedly, staring at the boy’s behind without any restraint. An old lady walking past made a ‘tsk’ sound. Luhan turned to see her staring at him with disgust. “Doing things like this in public…” She spit out before walking away.

 

Xiumin got up and turned around staring at her curiously. “What did she mean?” Xiumin asked him, confusion in his voice. Luhan was thankful that the mask hid his face, so that Xiumin was unable to see his red cheeks.

 

~

 

“We’re home!” Luhan called out. D.O. came out of the kitchen. “Did you get kimchi?” He asked, not bothering with greetings. Xiumin giggled, passing over the item. “You could say hi to us, you know.” Luhan said sarcastically. D.O. had the decency to blush. He walked over and gave Xiumin a hug. “Hello Minseok hyung.” He said before leaving. Xiumin laughed his head off as Luhan spluttered in anger at the boy ignoring him. He wasn’t going to help the boy with the laundry ever again.

 

“Hyung! What did you bring?” Chen called out from the living room, where he was hanging up decorations. Chanyeol who was finally using his tall height to good use, jumped off the chair and ran to them. He grabbed the bag and looked inside excitedly. “Whoa! Yes! Sehun! Jelly!!!!” Chanyeol said jumping a bit. Thuds came from the stairs and Sehun appeared, running over to them. “Hyung! You did it! Yehet!” He said lifting Luhan in a hug. Luhan did not appreciate the boy emphasizing their height difference but he let it go unable to get mad at the happy maknae.

 

Xiumin was doubled over, laughing his head off. When Luhan was released from Sehun’s embrace, he poked Xiumin’s stomach which made the boy laugh even harder. “Stop it.” Xiumin let out as he laughed. Luhan continued to poke the boy’s stomach. Xiumin collapsed to the floor, rolling away from Luhan’s pokes, laughing the whole time. Luhan finally stopped poking the older boy and began to laugh as well, just as Xiumin began to cry from laughter. Chen came over to watch them with a smirk, amusement in his expression.

 

“Wow, how mature.” He commented poking Luhan with his foot. “Yeah, I feel blessed to be around such responsible hyungs.” Chanyeol added. Luhan smacked them both as he struggled to control himself. Xiumin leaned into Luhan’s chest, giggling into his chest, sending shivers down Luhan’s body.

 

They eventually stopped laughing and sat panting. “Oh my god, what were we even laughing at?” Luhan groaned. Xiumin shook his head in response. “My hyungs are weird.” Sehun said to himself as he sat down, already eating the jelly. D.O. came out of the kitchen and stared at the two boys on the floor, panting. He looked over Chen and Chanyeol who were smirking and at Sehun who was sitting crosslegged on the sofa, eating the jelly. He sighed, grabbed the jelly from the protesting Sehun and went back into the kitchen muttering something about being surrounded by idiots.

 

Sehun, whining about not having jelly went back to his room. Chen and Chanyeol left to finish the decorations. Xiumin glanced at Luhan with such a boyish, almost shy smile that Luhan pulled him close, kissing him quickly. Xiumin blushed at him. “What was that for?” He asked softly. “You’re just so perfect.” Luhan replied. Xiumin laughed, awkward and shy and disbelieving. Luhan pulled him closer, kissing him again. “It’s true. You’re perfect.” Luhan breathed out. “Everything about you.” He said. He kissed the boy’s forehead, “this”, nose, “this,” cheeks “these,” eyelids “these”, lips “this.” Xiumin opened his eyes and the smile that he gave Luhan was that of an angel. “I love you.” Xiumin admitted. Luhan grinned. “I love you too.”

 

He leaned into kiss the boy again but they were interrupted by a cough. They turned to see Kris standing there. The boy was smirking. “Baekhyun’s asking for you two.” The tall boy said. Luhan hastily got up and grabbed Xiumin’s hand, pulling the boy up with him. They walked past Kris quickly. Unfortunately, they weren’t fast enough. “Don’t forget lube.” Kris called out after them. Xiumin flushed and Luhan turned around, pointing the middle finger at the smirking idiot whom he hated. No candy for him anymore.

 

~

When Baekhyun had finally finished the preparations for the party, Xiumin and Luhan were finally freed and they used that time to make a cup of coffee in the kitchen. Most of others were already sleeping, exhausted from the training and preparations. Since they couldn’t go outside for coffee trips, D.O. had casually suggested that they buy a coffee machine. Sometimes, that boy could be a genius without even trying. Luhan and Xiumin had gone out the next day and bought a coffee machine which was now used regularly by the other members, despite Luhan insisting that it was only for Xiumin and Luhan.

 

Anyway, they were now in the kitchen, Luhan was sitting on the stool while Xiumin prepared 2 cups of coffee. When he was done, he presented Luhan with his creation, smiling whilst he said “Ta da!” Luhan grinned at him and blew at the perfect looking coffee. “As expected from an aspiring barista, a perfect coffee.” Luhan complimented. Xiumin laughed, sitting down opposite him.

 

“I still can’t wrap my head around the fact that we’re going to Europe.” Xiumin admitted to him. “Me neither.” Luhan said, resting his head on his hands as he stared at Xiumin. “I don’t think I’ll actually realize until we get there.” Luhan added. Xiumin nodded in understanding and they sat in relative silence, enjoying each other’s company.

 

After a while, Luhan spoke up. “Sometimes, I wish we were normal.” Luhan said. Xiumin looked at him. “What do you mean-normal?” He asked. “I don’t know about you but I’m sane.” Luhan laughed. “I don’t mean it that way. I meant, like, not famous. When we were at the supermarket earlier, I couldn’t help but wonder what it would be like if we were just an average couple. Going to university, perhaps sharing a flat. Getting to kiss you in public rather than having to steal kisses in private. I just can’t help but wonder…” Luhan trailed off and fell silent staring at the table. He felt someone hold his hand and looked up to see Xiumin giving him a warm smile. “I can’t promise you that we will ever experience things that normal couples do but I can promise you that I will love you as much as any other couple, probably more, in fact.” Xiumin said sincerely. “I know it’s never going to be enough; what we have. But I will give my all to you.” Xiumin added.

 

Luhan didn’t know how to put the emotion he was feeling into words. All he knew was that he loved Xiumin. He loved Minseok so much that it actually hurt him to not be able to explain it in words, to not be able to fully express his love to this wonderful angel. When he told this to Xiumin, the boy blushed and smiled before kissing him lightly on the lips. “Let’s drink our coffees, huh?” Xiumin said, changing the topic quickly.

 

Luhan giggled but did as told. After taking a sip, he kissed Xiumin, surprising the boy who had just put down his cup. His lips were wet and his mouth tasted like coffee. “You make brilliant coffee, marry me.” Luhan said cheekily. Xiumin blushed again. “Why are you trying to make me blush so much?” Xiumin whined, cupping his cheeks. “So cute.” Luhan poked the boy’s nose and they both laughed.

 

They may never be a normal couple but, Luhan realized, what they had right now was worth more than anything else and he would be content with it. 

~~~

I feel like this chapter wasr ushed and messy; sorry :(

Thanks for the subscribers and beautiful comments! 

BYE!