Separation

Our Story

"No. No. I don't want to. Don't make me!" Xiumin watched Luhan whine at Suho. Suho sighed. "There's nothing we can do about it." He repeated. Xiumin decided to intervene. "It's alright Luhan, it's just one day." He tried to sound comforting. Luhan turned to look at him. "One day is too long!" Luhan said, dramatically waving his arms around. Kris smacked the boy's head. "Stop acting like an idiot. The recording is necessary." Kris said firmly. Luhan opened his mouth but was shut up by Kris's glare. 

Xiumin couldn't help but smile at the adorable deer. "It's okay. I'll be back before you know it." He reassured. Luhan pouted. "What am I even going to do without you?" Luhan asked quietly. "You can play video games with me and Sehun." Kai suggested. Sehun nodded along. Luhan just shook his head. "Anything but that. You two are way too competitive." Luhan retorted. Kai spluttered, getting up. "You're just upset because you always lose, hyung! Besides, I'm not the one who almost cried when he lost." Kai said pointedly. Luhan blushed. "Shut up." He said through gritted teeth. 

Xiumin smirked. "You cried?" He asked Luhan. "How manly." Luhan turned to Xiumin. "You too?" He asked, hurt in his voice. Xiumin just laughed in reply. Luhan gave a small smile and kissed him on the nose. Sehun got up and walked out of the room. The maknae had accepted the relationship but still felt awkward about the excessive PDA. Xiumin knew that the boy felt uncomfortable. It was only natural, after all, he was a Korean and their country wasn't exactly the most supportive of gay rights. This wasn't helped by the fact that Luhan was a very touchy person. But Xiumin didn't mind that all. After all, it was him that Luhan would kiss and hug. 

The reason why Luhan was so upset was because Xiumin and Chen, for the whole day, would be going for interviews and photoshoots. Because they were in EXO-M, the Korean members didn't get a lot of 'recognition' when they were in Korea. It was 'understandable' for the EXO-M members because of the language barrier. Xiumin personally felt that was bull. Luhan was fluent in Korean and the rest of the members were also pretty good. Even Tao, who had struggled at first, could manage a conversation by himself (unless Baekhyun was there). He had suggested to the managers that the EXO-M members should promote as well, but the offer had been rejected. 

So, Xiumin and Chen would be spending their only day off doing more interviews and photoshoots. Xiumin had been frustrated because, well, today was going to be their first date. That is, Luhan and his. But it wouldn't happen now. Luhan had desperately tried to convince the manager to move the date of the promotions but the manager had started to become suspicious of why Luhan wanted to change the date so badly and Luhan had to stop. 

They heard the doorbell ring and Chen got up from the couch where he was reading. He stared pointedly at Luhan and Xiumin's interwined hands. "That is probably manager hyung." Chen spoke casually. Xiumin nodded and let go of Luhan's hands and stepped back. "I should get my things." He told Luhan. Luhan nodded. "I'll come with you." The younger boy said soflty, following Xiumin up the stairs. When they entered the room, Luhan turned to close it. 

Xiumin grabbed his already packed bag from the bed. Luhan was leaning against the door, a pitiful look on his face. "I'm sorry we couldn't have our date." Luhan spoke up. Xiumin smiled. "It's okay. We'll have a hundred more to make up for it." He told Luhan softly, leaning up to give Luhan a simple kiss on his lips. Luhan's lips curved into a smile. "I'm really going to miss you, baozi." He said. Xiumin smiled. "It's just one day, right?" 

~
Wrong. One day is too much, Xiumin thought as he watched the interviewer talk about the other members. He had never been a day without Luhan ever since their debut. There had never been a day when he hadn't seen Luhan. It was so strange, not having him now. He was broken from his thoughts when he noticed the interivewer glancing at him with an expectant look. She must have asked him a question.

"Um, sorry, what was that?" He asked, blushing slightly. Chen gazed at him curiously. He could see the manager glaring at him from his peripheral vision. The interviwer laughed awkwardly. "You're quite a daydreamer, huh? I was just asking which member you are the closest to in EXO." The interviewer said. Xiumin smiled. "Probably... Luhan." He said immediately. "And D.O." He added after a heartbeat. The interviewer nodded. "Why those two?" She asked. 

Xiumin took a deep breath. "Well, D.O. and me are quite similar; we both don't talk a lot. For Luhan, he has taken care of ever since our debut and he always helps me in Korean. He's also very kind and thoughtful and athletic-" He stopped when Chen nudged him, his eyes screaming 'Shut up!' Xiumin shut his mouth, oops. He had begun to ramble. "And Chen?" The interviewer moved on. "I thought me and Xiumin hyung were really close, but apparently we're not." Chen said jokingly, a smirk on his face. Ah, right. 

He suddenly remembered the words the manager had drillled into them before they began. "The fans will be interested in pairings so act close, no matter what. Do skinship; don't be afraid of touching each other. Be cute." Xiumin put his stage smile on and poked Chen's cheek in what he hoped was a cute way. "Aw, of course. I'm closest to Chen." He told the interviewer. The interviewer laughed brightly before continuing on with her questions. Xiumin played his part as the quiet but 'cute' eldest. 

~

On their car ride home, Xiumin peppered the manager with 'are-we-there-yet?'s until the manager told him to shut up. Xiumin was just excited to see Luhan. Then, Xiumin pouted. Chen began to whine about how unfair it was that everyone else had a day off while they had to work. "Here, have your phones." The manager said, probably to shut them up. Xiumin and Chen both eagerly grabbed their phones. Xiumin patiently waited for it to turn on, holding his finger over the button. When it finally , Xiumin was met with a barrage of messages, all from 'Luhannie~<3' He smiled and giggled. Chen peaked over his shoulder. "How many messages did he send you?" Chen whispered so as to not be heard by the manager, a horrified look on his face. Xiumin unlocked the phone and his eyes widened. "2-224." He said. Chen's eyes widened. "Should I be scared?" Xiumin asked Chen. Chen nodded. "Very."

~

When they finally arrived back at the dorm and were waiting for the Manager to take out his key and open the door, Chen turned to Xiumin. "You've worked hard, Minseok hyung." He said patting Xiumin's shoulder. Xiumin smiled back at his dongsaeng. "You too, Jongdae-ah." He said, patting the boy's shoulder back. The manager frowned. "I seemed to have forgotten the key." He commented. 

"Just ring the doorbell." Chen suggested. The manager nodded and rang the bell. Loud, stomping noisies were heard before the door was opened by a frantic deer. At seeing Luhan's face, Xiumin felt a lot more relaxed and happy. Luhan immediately stepped forward, his gaze on Xiumin. "Minseok!" He yelled out before stepping (running) down the steps and enveloping Xiumin into a hug. Xiumin hugged back just as tightly. He heard Chen gag. "What are you doing?" The manager asked, confusion in his voice. Luhan and Xiumin immediately let go of each other, blushing. "Nothing! I just missed my members!" Luhan said quickly, wrapping an arm around Chen's shoulder. He wrapped the other arm around Xiumin. Xiumin resisted the urge to laugh at Chen's disgusted face. 

"Okay.." The manager said, his eyebrows raised. "Let's go in then." Luhan nodded eagerly and letting go of Chen, grabbed Xiumin's hand and took him into the living room. The other members looked up. "Oh, hyung! Hello! God, you don't know how annoying Luha-" Lay's mouth was covered suddenly by Baekhyun's hand. "Manager hyung is coming." The boy hissed at Lay. Lay's eyes widened and he nodded. Baekhyun let go, wiping his hand on Chanyeol's jacket. Chanyeol yelped. They began to bicker. 

"Aish, I just came. You're already arguing?" The manager said as he stepped into the house with Chen. Chanyeol and Baekhyun shut up. "Chenchen!" Sehun said lazily stretching out an arm from the couch in greeting. Chen clapped his hand on Sehun's briefly. "Hey Sehunnie." He said, yawning a bit. "You two should get some rest." The manager suggested. Luhan nodded. "He's right! Come on Xiumin!" Luhan said grabbing Xiumin and dragging him upstairs. 

~

"Are they always like that? Have they always been like that?" The manager asked, innocent confusion on his face. It was lucky that their manager was an idiot, Baekhyun thought. He stretched lazily. "Believe me, hyung. It could be a lot worse." He said relaxedly. 

~

As soon as the door was shut, Luhan began to pepper Xiumin with kisses. Xiumin laughed between them. "Did you miss me that much?" He teased. Luhan groaned. "So much, you don't even know." Luhan whispered, pulling Xiumin to the bed. Soon they were making out on the bed, Luhan sprawled on top of Xiumin. "Did you miss me?" Luhan whispered, his kisses moving onto Xiumin's neck. Xiumin felt breathless. "Not really." He lied. Luhan hmmed in response and continued to lay kisses on Xiumin's neck. Xiumin's breath hitched as Luhan found Xiumin's sweet spot. He could almost see Luhan's smirk as the boy began to and bite Xiumin at that spot. "Did you miss me?" Luhan asked again. His bites became a bit more forceful. Xiumin moaned and then instantly blushed. "Did you?" Luhan repeated, his hot breath on Xiumin's neck. 

"Y-yes." Xiumin admitted, his voice slightly shaky. At that moment, yells came from outside as the dinner routine took place. Kai, Chanyeol and Sehun's voices were heard yelling "Dinner's ready!" A knock came from their door as the eager younger boys passed them. Luhan groaned. "There's always something." He whined. Xiumin gently pushed Luhan off him, laughing. "I need to change." He said smiling. Luhan just hummed in response, his eyes closed, a smile on his face. Xiumin moved to the closet and brought out sweatpants and a t-shirt. He changed there, using the closet door as a cover. Xiumin changed his clothes quickly and sighed, instantly feeling more comfortable without the tight skinny jeans and itchy shirt. He headed to the mirror to check his face. Luhan was still dozing off on the bed. Xiumin was brushing his hair to a side when he suddenly noticed a bright purple mark on his neck. 

"LUHAN!" He yelled suddenly. Luhan jumped up. "What?" He asked, shock on his face. "You gave me a hickey!" Xiumin said, his face flushed. Luhan smirked. "I didn't mean to." He said, his words contradicting with his expression of delight. "You lying ." Xiumin said with a smile on his face. "The boys are going to make fun of me for days!" Xiumin said exasperatedly, smacking Luhan lightly. Suddenly Xiumin brightened. "Oh, silly me. I'll just use make up." Xiumin said, smacking his forehead in realization. He headed over to the bathroom but was stopped by Luhan. 

"No! Don't cover it up!" Luhan insisted. Xiumin stared at him. "Have you gone crazy?" He asked the boy. "It suits you." Luhan said. Xiumin just shook his head. "What are you even-" He was interrupted by Luhan picking him up and throwing him over his shoulder in one swift motion. "What the heck? Luhan! Put me down!" Xiumin said smacking Luhan's back as Luhan opened the door and walked down the stairs. "Oh my god." Xiumin covered his face in embarrassment. When they entered the dining room, there was only silence. Luhan placed Xiumin down. Xiumin still had his face covered up and was conveniently hiding the hickey with his arm. 

Kris sighed deeply. "I'm not even going to bother asking why or how. I've given up on you two idiots." He said. "That's an insult to normal idiots like Kai." D.O. spoke up. Kai gaped at D.O., his face hurt. "I'm not an idiot!" He exclaimed. "Sit down, hyung." Xiumin heard D.O. say. He sat down quickly, pretending to scratch his neck to cover the hickey. Thankfully, he was sitting at the end so it was hard to see the hickey. Luhan sat next to him. 

Amazingly, it wasn't until the middle of their dinner that someone noticed the hickey. Unfortunately, it was Baekhyun. "Hyung, is that a hickey?" Baekhyun asked, disbelief in his voice. Xiumin flushed. Luhan had a small but proud smile on his face. Silence, once again, filled the room as everyone stared at Xiumin's neck. Then in unison, both Tao and Sehun yelled out: "Ewww!" as they stood up from the table and walked (ran) away together. 

"Whoa! Luhan hyung, did you do that?" Chanyeol asked. "It's so purple!" Baekhyun and Chen, in unison smacked Chanyeol's head. "Ow!' The tall boy said, rubbing his head. "How are you going to cover that up?" Kai asked, a smirk on his face. "Makeup." Xiumin sighed. "Lots and lots of makeup." Suho got up. "That was stupid of you two. Especially since it is right before the concerts." He said seriously. Xiumin reddened. "It was Luhan's fault." He pointed at him. Luhan stared at him in surprise. "You weren't complaining about it when you were moan-" "LALALALALA!" Lay suddenly yelled really loudly, covering his ears. Luhan shut up. "Oh my god." Kris said, his head in his hands. "I'm so done with this." 

~~~

YOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I'm running out of ideas, is it obvious? huuuhhhh???

ALSO SOMETHING MAJOR HAPPENED!
This story now has over 100 subscribers!  Whoooooooo~

Giant (almost as 'giant' as Chanyeol) thank you to everyone who subscribed and commented! 

Bye!