Kiss of Forgiveness

Our Story

Luhan felt someone’s hand touching his head. As he slept, resting his body, he could actually sense someone’s presence. He didn’t know who it was though. Was it Sehun, he wondered? Perhaps D.O.? Something about the touch was so familiar though, Sehun and D.O. hadn’t ever touched his head, had they?

 

Whatever, his mind told him, too tired to care. He let himself be taken care of by the familiarly unfamiliar hands.

 

~

 

Minseok. The name interrupted Luhan’s pleasant dazed state. Minseok? Luhan didn’t know who that was. He just wanted to sleep now. Minseok. His heart seemed to repeat to him. His mind rejected the voice, too tired to cooperate.

 

~


Luhan was in his dream. He was running from something, he just didn’t know what it was. He ran through the dark streets, his mind jumbled up. As he turned the corner, he bumped into someone. He glanced up. It was a boy with auburn hair and bright brown eyes. He had defined eyebrows and slightly chubby cheeks.


The boy looked at him with a concerned expression. “Luhan, are you okay?” The boy asked. Suddenly, everything came back to him.


Minseok!

 

He shot up, gasping slightly. He was in a bed but it wasn’t his. It was..Xiumin’s. What the heck? Luhan turned to see the shorter boy sleeping in a chair next to him. His head was on the bed, his fingers dangling in a bowl of water with cloths near it. It was dark, he could see from the window. He saw two figures in the other beds next to him, both asleep. What had-Oh.

 

Oh right. Oh god. He had fainted. Right. That’s what happened. He had fainted right on Xiumin, oh . The boy must have been shocked. Luhan groaned quietly, smacking his head. “Idiot,” He mumbled to himself.


He focused his attention back on Xiumin. The boy looked beautiful in his sleep. His plump lips were parted, his hair cutely messed up. He had drooled all over the duvet but Luhan didn’t mind, he had gotten used to it. Besides, it wasn’t even his bed. But what was Xiumin doing here, instead of sleeping?

 

Luhan thought about it, hmm. What could Xiumin possibly be doing? Suddenly, Luhan blushed as he realized. He was taking care of me. Xiumin was taking care of me. Luhan was filled with guilt as he thought about how rude he had been to the boy, how cold. It had taken all of his willpower to reject the boy and the look of hurt Xiumin had given him had almost broken Luhan’s heart but his stupid pride forced him to ignore the boy.

 

The pride had disappeared now. He couldn’t possibly be angry at the boy when he had been taking care of Luhan. He couldn’t possibly ignore him. He wasn’t sure how he had even survived without the boy, to be honest.

 

Luhan poked Xiumin’s cheek. Xiumin mumbled incoherently, stirring a bit. “Ya, Minseok.” Luhan said, poking the boy again. “Aya, Zitao. Leave me alone.” Xiumin mumbled turning his head to the other side. Luhan giggled quietly. God, this boy was adorable. He poked the boy again and again until the boy suddenly shot up. “Tao! I told you to-Luhan.” A gasp left Xiumin’s mouth as he stared at Luhan with a look of utter shock on his face.

 

“Me.” Luhan agreed, deciding to have some fun. He kept his voice neutral and cold. Xiumin’s face fell at his tone. His eyes casted downwards, he spoke again, in a quiet and shaky voice. “Look, I really didn’t mean what I said earlier about you. And I’m sorry. I was just so angry at that moment.” Xiumin said shakily. He kept his eyes down the whole time.

 

Luhan’s heart melted at the sight of the boy’s adorability. “It is in moments of anger that people let out the truth.” Luhan recited, his voice impervious. Xiumin gazed up, a look of surprise on his face. “How could you even think that? You know that if I felt uncomfortable around you, I would have told you that.” Xiumin said. Luhan just raised an eyebrow. “Sure.” He muttered, rolling his eyes. Oh my god. This was going well.

 

Xiumin suddenly leaned in, forcing Luhan to go back. “Look, you’re my best friend. I don’t want things to be like this between us. I’m sorry, alright?” Xiumin said, his voice filled with frustration. Luhan couldn’t do it anymore. He smiled. “It’s alright.” He said simply. “And I know it was stup-huh?” Xiumin’s shocked expression was priceless. Luhan burst out laughing.

 

“Hey, what’s funny?” Xiumin asked, confusion in his voice. “You.” Luhan spluttered whilst laughing. “Wait, so do you forgive me?” Xiumin suddenly asked. Luhan just kept on laughing. “Lu-ge! I’m serious!” Xiumin pouted adorably. Ugh, that pout was going to kill Luhan one day. Luhan straightened up, trying to stop his giggles. Xiumin waited patiently for Luhan to stop laughing but every time Luhan got a glimpse of the cute boy’s solemn face, he would begin to laugh again.

 

Eventually, he calmed down. “Yeah, yeah. I forgive you.” Luhan said smiling. Xiumin cheered. “Whoo! Yeah!” He said before jumping onto Luhan hugging the boy. Luhan’s face blushed at the unexpected contact but couldn’t stop the grin on his face. He hugged the boy back, wrapping his arms around the boy’s curved waist. Xiumin looked at Luhan. “I really am sorry.” Xiumin whispered quietly. Luhan nodded. “I know.” He replied. Xiumin smiled, poking Luhan’s nose. “Good.” He said. Luhan scrunched up his nose. “Hey.” He said but his voice was light and happy.

 

“Oh . I forgot! How’s your fever?” Xiumin asked. Luhan smiled. “I don’t even feel a bit sick.” He said happily. Xiumin looked unconvinced as he raised a hand to Luhan’s face, his hand touching Luhan’s forehead. “Hmm, it seems okay.” The boy wondered out loud. “Hey, Luhan, your face is getting red. Are you okay?”

 

Luhan awkwardly laughed. “Fine.” He said. “Just a bit hot.” Xiumin got up. “Wait, I’ll get you a glass of cool, refreshing water.” Xiumin said before speeding away. “I don’t want-“ The door shut firmly with a click. Luhan just shook his head, a content smile on his face.

 

~
 

Xiumin came back with a glass of water, as promised. He held it to Luhan’s lips. Luhan grabbed at the drink. “You don’t have to do that.” He said, blushing. Xiumin shook his head. “It’s okay. Besides, you’re getting red again.” Xiumin protested. That comment made Luhan flush even more, he was positive he was resembling a tomato more than a human right now.


However, he let the boy put the drink at his lips and sipped carefully. The look of focus on Xiumin’s face made Luhan’s heart beat faster. Once he had finished, Xiumin placed the glass on the bedside table. “Now, you sleep. You still need some rest.” Xiumin ordered. “Only if you sleep with me.” Luhan argued back. Xiumin coughed. “That sounds wrong.” The boy muttered. Luhan blushed by sighed inwardly with relief when Xiumin got in next to him. The shorter boy immediately snuggled up to Luhan. Luhan sighed blissfully, putting an arm around the boy. “Minseok-ah,” Luhan breathed out. “Hmmmm,” Xiumin hummed quietly. “How long did you take care of me for?” Luhan asked. Xiumin coughed. “Uh, you know. It wasn’t that long. Just a few hours or so.” Xiumin said, waving his arm in a fake casual manner. Luhan turned the boy to face him.


“Tell me the truth.” He ordered. Xiumin smiled. “It really wasn’t long.” He insisted. “How many hours?” Luhan demanded again. Xiumin sighed. “23.” The boy mumbled. Luhan’s eyes widened. He couldn’t help but feel overcome with gratitude and love towards this short boy.

 

Luhan hesitated before doing it, maybe a second too long because Xiumin looked up at him, an almost expectant look on his face. “What is it?” Xiumin asked. Luhan leaned down, slowly, before placing a chaste kiss on the boy’s cheek. He pulled away, his face red. He turned away to hide it. “Thanks.” Luhan whispered. “It’s okay.” He heard the soft reply.  


If only Luhan had turned. For if he had, he would have seen Minseok’s red cheeks and bashful smile, his hand caressing the cheek which had been blessed by Luhan’s lips. If he had turned back, he would have realized, that his one-sided love may not have been so one-sided after all. 

~~~

Oh my god

there were so many problems with the wifi

like wtf please no okayyy

hmph

anyway, thanks for subs and comments! hope you enjoy!