Flights

Our Story

Xiumin was sick of planes. He hated them. From the constant noise and his hurting ears to the contant stomach-turning movements of the plane, he detested them. He sighed, trying to get comfortable in his seat. Luhan and Xiumin were taking up a two-seat row. Xiumin had taken the window seat. Next to them, only a meter part, was a 4 seater where the other members sat. Their managers were ahead, having a meeting. 

Luhan was leaning over the seat to talk to Kris. Xiumin didn't know what they were saying, they were speaking in rapid fast mandarin. Lay had his earphones in and was already asleep. Tao, with a resigned look on his face was studying Korean. Wheras Lay and Kris studied Korean everday and progressed at a slow but steady rate, Tao would rush everything all at once. Chen was watching a movie, his earbuds in. Xiumin fidgeted in his seat. It had been around 2 and a half hours and Xiumin already felt stiff. He sighed, giving up on ever feeling comfortable. 

Xiumin put his earphones in and leaned against the window, looking out of the window. You couldn't see much, just some clouds and the sky. He was listening to music on shuffle mode and eventually EXO-M's Angel came on. He once again appreciated how lovely Luhan and Chen's voices were. He especially liked Luhan's voice. It wasn't overpowering or confident like Chen's, but sweet and soft. He turned to see Luhan finishing his conversation with Kris and looking in his bag, probably for his earphones. Xiumin paused the music and stared at the boy. Luhan didn't have any makeup on or any hair products in his hair but he still looked perfect. 

Ah, having such attractive friends was hard. He poked Luhan's arm. Luhan turned to him, raising his eyebrow. "Hmm?" the boy asked. Xiumin removed his earphones. "Ya. I just realized. How am I ever going to get a girlfriend? You're going to grab their attention before I can even make a move!" Xiumin joked. However, Luhan didn't laugh. Xiumin found that odd. Luhan would usually laugh at all of Xiumin's jokes. It was a rule they had made; laugh at each other's jokes, no matter how lame they are. "Girlfriend? Why, are you thinking of getting one?" Luhan asked hesitantly. Xiumin's eyes widened. "Of course not! Dude, I was just kidding." He said, smacking Luhan's arm. 

Luhan visibly relaxed. "Oh, I see." He mumbled. "Jeez, why'd you get so worked up?" Xiumin asked, shaking his head. As if he had time for a girlfriend. Luhan suddenly smiled. "You can't ditch me in the bachelors club." He pouted before laughing playfully. "It's ok. You'll have Chen. He's never going to get a girlfriend." Xiumin leaned in to Luhan's ear, whispering it. Luhan threw his head back, laughing. "So true." He agreed, nodding his head. 

Xiumin smiled but it faded when the plane suddenly dipped a bit. He grabbed Luhan's arm. "Ugh." He groaned, shutting his eyes. "You still have a problem with planes?" Luhan asked. Xiumin nodded. "Hmph. You'd think I would have one, with my fear of heights and everything. But no, I'm too manly for that." Luhan boasted. Xiumin smacked the boy's arm. "Not helping." He muttered through gritted teeth, his stomach churning. Luhan turned serious when seeing Xiumin's anxious expression. "Hey, you okay?" Luhan asked, concern in his voice. "Fine, just-" He was cut off by the plane turning again. Xiumin groaned again. 

He was going to be sick. He was going to vomit. He knew. He turned to Luhan frantically and the deer-like boy's eyes widened in realization. He quickly opened the flap on the seat and took out a paper bag. He held it under Xiumin's face. At that moment, the boy vomited, heaving into the bag, his hand clutching Luhan's shoulder. "Oh ." Xiumin groaned. Thankfully, he had gotten the paper bag just in time. A flight attendant hurriedly came to them. "Sir, let me you to the bathroom." She insisted. Xiumin got up to follow her but Luhan blocked him. Luhan turned to the flight attendant. "I'll take him." He said in an authorative voice. The flight attendant opened then closed it again after seeing Luhan's defiant expression. "I'll get some p-pills to help him." She mumbled before quickly shuffling away. Luhan turned to Xiumin. 

"Come on, Minnie." He said, wrapping an arm around Xiumin. The other members eyes widened as they saw what had happened. "Minseok hyung, do you need help?" Tao asked frantically. Xiumin waved him away. "It's okay. He has me." Luhan replied for him. 

Xiumin stared at Luhan. He has me. He let himself be taken by Luhan to the bathroom. Luhan sat him on the floor of the bathroom. Xiumin turned to the toilet. He didn't think he needed to vomit-never mind. He vomited again into the toilet. As soon as he thought he was done, another surge of yuckiness would come. Throughout this, Luhan kept on rubbing Xiumin's back. Once they were finally over, Xiumin leaned back exhaustedly, his head against the wall. "You don't usually vomit." Luhan commented, worry in his voice. 

"I used to, actually. When I was a kid, everytime I came on a plane, I would vomit. I thought it had stopped though." Xiumin said running a hand through his air. He sniffed the air and immediately had a rictus. "It stinks, sorry." He apologized to Luhan. Luhan shrugged. "Don't worry about it." He said. There was a knock on the door. Luhan stood up to open it. The flight attendant was standing there. She had a bottle of pills in one hand and a glass of water in the other. Luhan took them from her. "Thanks." He said kindly. He was probably feeling a bit guilty from being rude to her before, Xiumin observed, feeling slightly dizzy after the vomiting. 

The flight attendant nodded and left quickly. Luhan closed the door and once again and crouched down. "Hey, Minseok-ah, take this." Luhan took out a pill and placed it in Xiumin's hand. Xiumin put the pill on his tongue and reached for the glass of water. Luhan moved it away. "I'll do it." He said moving the glass to Xiumin's lips. Xiumin shook his head. "I'm not a baby. I can do it myself." He said. "Nope, I'm doing it." Luhan said firmly. Xiumin rolled his eyes but obliged. Luhan placed the cup against Xiumin's lips and Xiumin drank from it, swallowing the pill. 

"Ah." Xiumin said contentedly. The water had helped. Now if only he had his toothpaste and toothbrush. "I'll get your toothbrush and toothpaste." Luhan said, getting up. He must have read his mind, Xiumin thought. But that didn't mean he was going to let Luhan do this for Xiumin, He had some dignity, after all. "I can get it myself." Xiumin protested. "No way-" "Yes." Xiumin said firmly. Luhan stared at him. A staring contest began. Xiumin gazed into Luhan's dark pretty eyes. He smirked confidently, no way could he lose. 

Luhan broke eye contact first, flushing and coughing a bit. Xiumin smiled. "I'll be back." He said. Luhan just nodded, gazing at the floor. Xiumin quickly went ot get it. "Hyung, you okay now?" Kris asked, concern in his voice. Xiumin nodded. "I took some medicine." He replied. He took his toothpaste and toothbrush and walked back to the bathroom. Luhan was waiting for him and smiled at the boy once he noticed the boy.

As Xiumin brushed his teeth, he noticed Luhan was just standing there. "You can go back." Xiumin mumbled. Luhan shook his head. "It's fine." He said softly. Xiumin shrugged, continuing to brush his teeth. Once he finished, he examined his teeth. They were clean. He tested his breath. Minty fresh. "Ah, I can finally breathe again." He said happily. Luhan chuckled. "Let's go." He said walking out of the bathroom. Without thinking, Xiumin grabbed the boy's hand. 

"Wait." He heard himself say. He wanted to thank the boy for helping him. He was about to say it when his attention was caught by Luhan's cheek. The sterille white light of the bathroom was caught on Luhan's cheek, making it shine brightly. Xiumin suddenly felt himself leaning in to the boy. Luhan's breath hitched but he didn't move. Xiumin closed his eyes and placed a soft kiss on Luhan's cheek. Luhan froze. When Xiumin leaned back, opening his eyes, he saw an expression of shock on Luhan's face. "Minseok-ah." The younger boy let out, a mix between a gasp and sigh. 

A wave of regret came over Xiumin. What the heck was he doing? He shouldn't have given Luhan that kiss. What to do? What to do? He would have to fix this. He took a deep breath, just letting the words flow out. "I just wanted to say thank you. Thanks for taking care of me all the time. Thank you Luhan, my best friend." He said softly, adding the best friend a bit quickly at the end. Luhan had a bittersweet smile on his face, his face a mixture of disappointment and sadness which Xiumin couldn't understand. 

"What are best friends for?" 

~~~

Ahh

Okay, this is short. 

But I have homework so uhhh

Thanks for subs and comments! Bye!