Concerts

Our Story

It was the day of EXO-K and EXO-M's joint concert in China. The K members were frantically reading their lines in Chinese. Xiumin felt a lot more relaxed as he practiced his dancing with Kai. Luhan was helping correct Baekhyun and D.O., who had the most lines to sing in Chinese. They had only half an hour left before the concert and everybody was ready. They were just going over their dances now as well as practicing their lines. Xiumin and Kai moved in sync as they went through Wolf. Once they finshed, Kai took a bottle of water, gulping away at it. "Hey Kai, was it three steps or two at the change?" Xiumin asked; he could never remember this one part in Wolf. "Two." Kai replied. Xiumin nodded as a way of saying thanks. 

He sighed, rolling his head around, to loosen his muscles. He walked over to Sehun and Tao, who were huddling over a phone. "What are you guys doing?" He asked, bored. "Looking at pictures from the comeback concert." Tao explained. "Ooh, can I see?" Xiumin asked. Sehun shuffled a bit to the left, so that Xiumin could see. Xiumin giggled, as they looked at the pictures taken by the fans, a lot of them blurry and taken from unattractive angles, though few did turn out really good. One fan had even managed to take a perfect shot of Tao's jump in mid-air. Tao saved it immediately. 

"Whoa, hyung! Look, it's you and Luhan hyung!" Sehun excitedly pointed at the phone. Xiumin looked in interest. Xiumin was grinning, waving his hands at the direction of the camera. Luhan was staring at him with a small smile on his face. "He looks at you a lot, doesn't he?" Tao commented. Sehun nodded. "They're really close." He said. "It's a nice picture, though it would be better if Luhan actually looked at the camera." He laughed. "Lu-ge!" He called at the boy. Luhan immediately turned from where he was still correcting D.O. "Come here, quickly! Just for a moment!" Xiumin called out. Luhan walked over. "Look, someone took a picture of us!" Xiumin said pointing at the phone. Luhan smiled. "When was this?" He asked Xiumin. "Our comeback stage." Tao answered for Xiumin. 

A strange expression came on Luhan's face. "Oh.. I see." He looked at the picture, in a daze. "This was when I realized-" "Realized what?" Sehun interrupted. Luhan broke out of his daze, his face flushing. "Oh, nothing. Never mind. Uh, Tao can you send me the pic? Thanks!" Luhan said quickly. He turned to leave but then stopped, turning back to face Xiumin. "Gotta go, the boys need help." He told Xiumin, squeezing his shoulder before leaving. "See you." Xiumin replied. Luhan waved, whilst turned around. "What is wrong with him?" Tao asked, a confused look on his face. Sehun shrugged. "I don't know." 

Xiumin laughed. "He does that sometimes; getting flustered for no reason. You'll get used to it." He explained. "He's never done that with me..." Tao trailed off. "Me neither." Sehun added. They both looked at Xiumin. "What?" Xiumin felt a bit nervous under their intense gaze. Sehun and Tao both looked at each other. "Nothing." They both said, Tao in Mandarin and Sehun in Korean. 

Xiumin just shrugged. Sometimes, he felt like his band members were actually aliens. 

~

"So, the next song is called 'Don't Go'. Are you ready for it?" Kris yelled out excitedly. The fans cheered in response. For this part, only EXO-M would be present on stage. They had done the chinese version of Wolf as well as MAMA and History with EXO-K. Now, the Korean members were offstage, their work done. After that, they had performed every song in the album with only one 10 minute break. This was their last song. 

As the song began to play, Luhan wrapped his arm around Xiumin's shoulder. Xiumin glanced at the taller boy, smiling. Luhan smiled back. He began to sing the opening, his beautiful melodic voice filling the room. The fans immediately broke out in excitement. Xiumin smiled at the younger boy's popularity. Lay came in with his part next to Xiumin. Xiumin got ready to sing his part. As Lay finished, he began to sing. As the fans cheered him on, Luhan left him and urged the fans on. Xiumin blushed once he finished. He smacked Luhan playfully on the arm, secretly very touched by the boy. 

Overcome by affection, he grabbed Luhan's hand, interwining their fingers. Luhan turned to look at Xiumin, a smile on his face as glanced at their connected hands. Xiumin leaned closer to the boy. Luhan froze in place. Xiumin went to the boy's ear, whispering "Thanks.". Luhan relaxed and smiled before leaning in to whisper back. "No problem, you deserve it." It was then Luhan's part to sing and he occupied himself with the singing. 

You deserve it. 

You deserve it. 

Xiumin couldn't help the grin the came on his face. He wanted to go over to Luhan and hug him until the boy exploded. He was just so sweet. Xiumin didn't know how he could have been so lucky as to get a best friend like Luhan. He was broken out of his thoughs suddenly as he realized it was the chorus. He quickly sang into the mic. Luhan noticed. He pointed at Xiumin, laughing. Xiumin pretended to kick the boy. 

As they finished the song, Xiumin felt peaceful, despite the noise. As he walked down the stage, holding Luhan's hand, he noticed a sign. It said "Go Xiuhan! True love!" Xiumin pointed at it. "What's Xiuhan?" He asked Luhan. Luhan turned to look at sign. His eyebrows furrowed in confusion. Luhan shrugged. They were quite close to the fans now. "Can you do a heart?" One of the girls yelled out and they were just able to catch it. Xiumin nudged Luhan. "Let's do it." He suggested, shouting to be heard. Luhan had a smile on his face. He nodded. They both did the heart sign abover their heads, connecting their hands at the top. Xiumin laughed. As they went apart, Luhan had a sad expression. "What's wrong?" Xiumin leaned into the boy's ear to ask him so that he could be heard.

Luhan shook his head. "Nothing. You're amazing." He said into Xiumin's ear. Xiumin looked at him in confusion over the sudden compliment. "Uh, thanks." He replied. Luhan's face was a bit red. "You sure you're okay?" Xiumin asked once again. Luhan nodded. "It's just hot." He said. Xiumin agreed with him. "Guys, come on." Tao said as he ran around them. Xiumin laughed. Luhan and Xiumin turned to wave at the fans, like they did every concert, together. 

"Let's go." 

~

It was after the concert and everyone was sitting in the dressing room, completely free of makeup and hair products. "So, you guys will be leaving tomorrow?" Kris asked Suho. Suho nodded. Kris sighed. "Don't miss me too much hyung!" Baekhyun teased. Kris smacked the boy, but a smile remained on his face. "It's okay. We'll be back in one week anyway." Lay reminded optimistically. Everyone cheered up at that. "Luhan hyung! I have a lot of video games back at Korea that I think you will like! Will you play them with me?" Sehun asked eagerly. Xiumin turned to look at the boy. Luhan had warmed quite a bit to Sehun and even admitted, that in fact, the maknae was fun to be around. Xiumin had been delighted. He glanced at Luhan with anticipation. Luhan nodded, smiling at the younger boy. Sehun's face lit up. "Jongin, do you want to join us? Chanyeol hyung?" Sehun eagerly turned around. "I'm in." Kai agreed. "Me too!" Chanyeol said happily. 

"Xiumin, do you want to join as well?" Chanyeol asked him. Xiumin shook his head. "Nah, I'm not really into games." He admitted. Chanyeol gasped. "You're best friends with the biggest gamer in the world-Luhan- and you don't like games!?" He asked, his face shocked. Luhan nodded. "I know right?" He asked. Xiumin laughed. "I prefer to do more productive things. D.O. and me will be having a Harry Potter marathon." He said. "How is that more productive?" Chen scoffed. D.O. smacked Chen before looking at Xiumin. "I can't wait." D.O. said, smiling. Xiumin smiled back. 

Their last night together ended in laughs as they discussed their time in China, the funny moment and the sweet moments. They talked about how, when EXO-K came to China next time, they would go sightseeing; they had been too busy this time. And lastly, they talked about what they would do, once they were together again. 

~~~

Shorter update. I might skip ahead in time again, though I'm not sure. 

Anyway, hope you like it. 

Thanks for subs and comments, much appreciated!