Chapter 35

21st girlfriend

CHAPTER XXXV


Writer POV


“Where are we going?” Jiyong asked while positioning his tie.





His parent’s complete silence just made him shrugged after a while.



.............................


“I’m calm, I’m calm. Happy thoughts, Prada, Louis Vuitton, Versace, Choi Seunghyun…” her heart squeezed upon the mention of the name. She can’t believe it came right out of her own mouth.


“God, damn it!” she cursed upon the realization and started kicking the four walls of the elevator she’s currently riding.


“I swear to God, I’m not gonna marry whoever that they set me up with.” She swore upon every kick.


Bom is used to these types of meetings in fact; her mother set her up to blind dates every now and then. But never has she felt really irritated by her current situation.


Remembering TOP’s face when she said it’s over was pure hell.


But she knows she’s doing the right thing, her mother wouldn’t want someone like TOP to be her husband. Bad boys aren’t really the type you’d want your daughter to end up with no matter how rich they are.


Not that she cares what her mother prefers, she always ends up defying her anyways.


TOP is just too much for her, she like him too much to the point of being serious. She didn’t like that. She felt expectant and at the same time unsure of how TOP felt. She doesn’t want to end up hurting.


For her, boys are always like that, they act all sweet but it’s all fake. She learned that it’s better to break their hearts first before they break hers.


That’s why she doesn’t understand why Dara’s getting all serious with that guy. She’s scared for her friend. Jiyong is so untrustworthy.


She reached the floor where her parents and, probably the guy and his family as well, are waiting for their lunch appointment.


She opened the door to the room and got the shock of her life.


“YOU!!!” Bom and the guy exclaimed in unison.



DARA POV


I can’t seem to calm down. I just got distracted with last night’s chaos between my brother and Jiyong. But when that was over, it all came rushing to me like a sudden heavy rain. Bom. And then another realization, TOP.


I didn’t get any proper sleep last night just thinking about those two. When I woke up I thought of Jiyong, and then Bommie and TOP’s faces suddenly appeared in my mind, scared me to death.


I got my phone with the intention of calling Bommie, but the battery was dead. I charged it first and decided to brush my teeth and wash my face. I turned it on when I finished and woah…I got a million messages. Kidding, but it was a lot it’s no wonder why my phone died down.


Most of it if not all were from TOP, what the hell?!


After a while, it rang.


“Dara, where’s Bom?” TOP asked from the other line.


“Good morning to you too.” I said, irritated by his sudden demanding tone. “thanks for flooding my inbox with messages; I realize now how much you must’ve been missing me.”


It was complete silence before I heard what I think are trifling sobs.


“Did you kidnap someone, TOP?” I probed. Oh my! Thoughts of a little kid strapped in a chair while pleading for TOP to let him go are all that is running in my mind.


“D-dara…” I heard my name followed by a series of sniffling. OH MY! TOP is crying.


“What are you doing?” Yes. I refuse to believe that this big guy is crying.


“I miss her.” He said before he broke off to a fit of louder cry. He sounded like a whale in pain.


“Okay, okay…stop crying, crazy big guy. I’ll help you look for Bommie.”


.....................



Gosh! What had Bommie done to this poor boy?


I told TOP to meet me at this park near my house since I don’t know where he lives and I waited for almost an hour and am so readily to live when I notice this hobo in his pajamas with a single jacket as a top staggering his way towards me.


I turned around to avoid him when he started calling me. No way!


The hobo turned out to be my friend TOP.


He hugged me the moment he reached my spot. All I really wanted to do that moment was to call the cops, but I hugged him rigidly instead because he started wailing again.


Seriously, I thought he’s on the verge of committing suicide. And did I mention he reeked of alcohol. Did he drive his way here under the influence?


I let him cry while hugging me as I usher us into the shade. As much as I wanted to take him home, Teddy-oppa is still sleeping , he might wake up and beat TOP to death for wailing like…like… his cries are indescribable. Sigh.


“shh..” I hushed in my poor attempt of comforting him. Why did I agree into helping him when I completely know what might happen to Bommie? God! This is him when they broke up. Who knows what he would become when he knows that Bommie’s going to get married.


Looks like TOP’s gotten serious this time. Well, he should. This is Ms. Park Bom we’re talking about. If he was given the chance to cheat on her, she would crack his neck after


I kick his balls. But he looked worst now that what I would’ve imagined.


Bommie…settle your thing quickly.


“Dara,” he suddenly called, snots coming out of his nose. He sniffed it before continuing, “What’s wrong with me?”


Your face. I want to say. But I knew he didn’t mean that.


“Nothing is wrong with you,”


“Then why did she broke up with me?” he interrupted shaking me in my shoulders.


He was cursing life afterwards and I was getting dizzy so I instinctively push him off me. He fell out of the bench and stayed there lying down, eyes closed. I did not pushed him that hard by the way, I guessed he just doesn’t have enough strength anymore.


“Suenghyun,” I started by his real name, it just felt right calling him that in this situation. “You’ve only known Bommie for a few weeks. Stop acting like it’s the end of the world just because she left you. She’s practically a stranger.”


He was silent then. I didn’t want him to hate Bom, but I also don’t want him to keep on waiting for someone that might not return. Knowing Bommie, she’s never been serious with guys. She was sad too when they broke up but so as she was with those other guys. And I don’t really know how Seunghyun is with his past girlfriends so I suppose this is just a phase. They’re both dear to me so I don’t want them to be the ones that hurt each other. Though I guess they already did.


“I always found it weird and creepy whenever Jiyong talked about you,” He said as he placed his right arm over his eyes. “but when I met Bom, I understood.” He chuckled. “It’s funny how laid back I was thinking that you two would probably just break up in a matter of days but got annoyed when you two turned out happy.”


To-do-later: kill TOP for his ill-thoughts.


“I guess you could say I feel for Bom what Jiyong felt for you.” He added.


Oh! My heart squeezed as I imagine Jiyong being like this, broken without Teddy-oppa even doing anything to him. I don’t want that. I pushed those images away as I kneeled beside TOP taking his hands on mine. Who am I to not support his happiness?


“Let’s go get you your girl.”

…………………..


I thought of Bommie’s possible whereabouts. Knowing her mom, she would set up her blind dates on VIP rooms inside 5-star hotels or had an entire restaurant close.


On our way, I told TOP about Bommie’s situation and as expected, he cracked. He spoke Korean like he just grew on 8 new tongues while thrashing his body all over the passenger seat. It’s a good thing that I had him let me drive or who knows what would happen.


He calmed down when we reached our first destination. It’s not the number one hotel on Seoul, but it’s on the list plus it’s the nearest. We asked the receptionist for any Park’s reserving a room for a blind date or other similar shenanigans, but they said they don’t have such things going on at the moment.


Same thing happened to the other hotels and restaurants. I was getting tired and wanted to complain but seeing how eager TOP was to find Bom, guilt washed through me.

This better end up well or I’m burying both of them.


Just as we got out the 6th restaurant, I saw a familiar man in black entering the hotel just across us. He’s one of Bommie’s bodyguards. I motioned for TOP to follow me as I trail the man. Inside, I grabbed the newspaper that a random guy was reading just to cover my face, afraid that the bodyguard would recognize me.


“hey!” he yelled, but I guess TOP made him shut up because he never whined afterwards. I needed to keep my eyes on that guard.


It suddenly felt like an action movie. I don’t even know why I’m hiding. This is so stupid but so much fun.


He went inside the elevator and we made sure to ride with him. I keep my face close to the newspaper as I can as I watch the bodyguard in my peripheral vision.


He got out the 21st floor with us stealthily behind him. He stopped at the front of a door where other men in black are in sentinel. We hid behind a corner.


“I’m sure Bommie is inside,” I said. But as I turned around expecting TOP to be just behind me, I was greeted by a silent hallway.


“Let me in!” TOP said rather arrogantly to one of the guards.


SHIZZ! How did he get there so fast? And what the hell does he think he’s doing?


I was hoping to approach them more subtly now that the chasing part is over and ask if we could come in since I’m friends with the Park family. But this moron!!!! Aurghh!!


I approached them wishing they would still let us in peacefully but before I got near TOP landed a hard fist on one of the guards and it was chaos.


He keeps on trying to get inside but arms are everywhere stopping him. I’m actually quite surprise that the guards haven’t toppled him over yet.


With all this distraction TOP was causing, I easily slipped ahead the door and open it pretty gracefully.


I was greeted by another chaos inside. And as I recognize the people involve and realize the entire situation, I was like-


“WHAT THE HELL!!!”








is my comeback chapter alright???
it has no daragon moments but i promise you more of it
on the coming days...
can i just say i'm really 100000000x SORRY??
i really am and i felt obligated to tell you the reasons
1. i got really busy with school
2. i got myself a job
it might be easy for some but juggling these twoa ctually stressed me out
to the point of being hospitalized
*poor me*
but anyways, bear in mind that even though i got my hands full this past months,
i never forgot about this fic and always tells myself to find time to write.
and yeah..i did found time..and i promise to be more active from now on since...
my dad told me to quit my job and just focus on school..
i'm actually quite excited on quitting my job just dont tell anybody...
but i still got until august until i'm free since im on contract
dont worry though..i plan on slacking off the best i can..lol..
sorry again...
hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me and start loving this fic again...
by the way...
saw some new names up there...hello hello...
did you miss me????