chapter 30

21st girlfriend

CHAPTER XXX


Dara POV


Back to school to finish the semester.


As soon as Jiyong pulled out of the school’s parking lot, he quickly went in to the passenger’s side to open the car door for me. It’s been like this even before, (before as in, before we officially admitted that we love each other *shivers*) the only difference is the way people looked at us.


You see prior to the summer break, our schoolmates would look at us with eyes of jealousy, from girls to me and eyes of envy, from guys to Jiyong. But now, all I see from their eyes are complete surprise. Like the most unbelievable thing that they could ever imagine is happening right at the moment we stepped out of the car.


“What’s wrong?” Jiyong asked. I didn’t realize I was holding his hands too tightly.


“Nothing.” I said as I discreetly loosen my grip. I feel weird today.


The day ended and I still haven’t shaken off that weird feeling. Though everything else seemed normal, I just know something is not right.


I stopped in the restroom after last period ended. Now this is the kind of weird that I can actually explain. Before, I don’t really bother with how I would look like coz’ I already know that I’m beautiful, at least everybody says so, but now I can’t help but to constantly check myself on the mirror to make sure there was no food in my teeth or boogers hanging out of my nose or whatever. I suddenly felt conscious and it doesn’t really help that your boyfriend looks like someone directly cut out from some glossy magazine and then given life. The girl beside him should at least be at par.


Now that I think about it, I never heard him tell me I’m beautiful. Isn’t it his job to whisper me sweet-nothings? Not that I care. Hmp!


Then I got outside and there he was, as adorable and y as ever. He put his arms around me into an embrace and said, in his most gentle voice, “Hey beautiful,” and I melted.
Gosh! If I had known that having a boyfriend feels this great, I should’ve tried it a long time ago.


I scan the hallway and when I confirmed it was empty, I boldly kissed him fully on the lips and just like always, I lost all senses and had him guide me.


I can’t believe they’re still together!


I faintly heard an unknown voice but I’m too busy to even care.


That BEYOTCH must have done something to Jiyong-oppa!


That made me stop. What the hell?? Are they talking about me??


Jiyong got confuse as to why I stopped our passionate kissing. I motioned for him to follow me as I track the voices that I can clearly hear now.


Calm down girls. I’m sure Jiyong-oppa is going to wake up one day and realize that he’s sick of that Dara Park already. He’ll dump her by then, just like what he always does to other girls.


My blood boiled as I look at Jiyong with a raised eyebrow. I can tell that I’m scaring him with my glare as he vehemently waves his hands and shake his head trying to deny what we just heard.


“That’s not true,” he said, controlling his tone. I scoffed.


“Well, before…” he began and my eyes almost fell out of its socket. Is he really gonna tell me how he used to dump his girlfriends? He might’ve sensed his impending doom in my own hands for he subtly changed his words.


“I’m a changed man now, I would never do anything that would cause us to break-up. I swear.” He said holding up his right hand.


When they finally break-up, I’ll make sure Jiyong-oppa would at last notice me and maybe ask me to be his girlfriend even.


No, he’s going to be mine first.


Oh my God!


“YAH!” I screamed the moment I entered the classroom, “If I ever saw you flirting with Jiyong, I’ll make your pretty little faces bleed.”


Just like that, the classroom got empty.


I was trying to calm myself when I felt Jiyong’s arms hugging me from behind.


“Let go!” I demanded. But he just tightened his hug.


My heart beat crazily again but I know that it’s not because of anger.


“Your jealousy turns me on.” He whispered in my ear. Oh God! Can he be anymore erted?



………………………


“Let’s watch a movie.” Jiyong said switching glances at me and the road.


“Movie theaters make me cold.” I said.


“I’ll hug you to keep you warm.” Unbelievable.


“Eyes on the road, Kwon.”


“Why don’t you ever call me babe?” he suddenly whined.


"Why do you always call me babe?” I countered.


“I told you, you’re my baby girl.”


“I don’t remember ever agreeing to that.”


I got alarmed when he suddenly swirled the car stopping it on a road beside the sidewalk.


“What the hell is wrong with you?” I ranted.


“I really hate clingy girls,” he said both hands gripping the driver’s wheel. HUH!?!


“I think they’re annoying with how they always want to be with me. They suffocate me. Do you know how irritating that makes me feel? I can’t stand it Dara.”


He took a deep sigh before looking at me straight in the eye saying, “Weirdly enough, I imagined you clinging to me like how those other girls do.”


And he says Bommie is cracked up in the head. He hates clingy girls but then he wanted me to cling unto him. Can anyone tell me what’s wrong with the sentence?


“You don’t even call me babe. I mean if you don’t want to; there are other names like, ‘hun or dear or buttercup or whatever. It doesn’t need to be babe.
I know you’re strong-willed but I’m a guy Dara, I wanted you to at least act submissive on me. It’s like you don’t need me. I feel useless.”


Are those tears forming in his eyes?


“I’m beginning to wonder if you really do love me.”


“I do.” I quickly said. As quickly as the gush of blood that ran up my face. Freakin’ embarrassing.


“Prove it.” he said with a straight face. HOW?!


Unsure of what to do next, I clicked on my seatbelt and leaned over him just to give him a quick peck on the lips. When I got seat back properly, I realized how stupid I am to come up with that way of proving my love. Not to mention the embarrassment I felt. I panicked okay. Sue me.



………………………………


“Dara,” someone snapped at me. Oh it’s Jiyong. What the hell am I doing here? Scratch that. Where am I?


“You were spacing out after you kissed me, I told you, we’re in my house.” He said opening the ref.


Yup. Too much stupidity and embarrassment rolled in one situation is enough to shut my brains off.


“And what, might I ask, are we doing here?” I asked, feet rooted on the same spot.


“I want you to prove that you love me.” he nonchalantly said. He didn’t even bother looking at me.


“I already did.” I said, blushing afterwards. Ulk! That stupid move I made earlier is creeping back to me. “Will you stop doing that?” I yelled. Clearly he enjoys taking out vegetables out of the ref than talking to me.


“Cook for me.” he said while grinning widely. Say what?!


“I wasn’t satisfied with the kiss earlier. I mean we always do that but don’t get me wrong, I love kissing you but we live in a new world, babe, where kissing is almost equivalent to greeting. That’s why I suggest that you cook for me. You know what they say, a way to a man’s heart is through his stomach. I’ll accept your love when I approve of your cooking.” He continued batting his eyelashes.


How dare this guy question my love for him?! Whatever did he do to make me believe that he loves me? Didn’t I accept him no matter how much of a jerk he was and still is? And just where the hell is he getting this absurd ideas from?


Then a face suddenly flashed my mind. Of course, nobody else can feed him out-of-this-world ideas but the alien himself. That guy has really exceeded his quota of offense on me. I’ll shred him to pieces together with those girls he bought to piss me off.


“You know what,” I began, “Screw, ‘proving my love for you’. I don’t care anymore. I’m going home.” I said preparing to leave.


I was halfway out of the kitchen door when I heard serious clanking of what seemed to be kitchen paraphernalia. I turned back just to see an 18-year old boy throwing one hell of a fit.


Woah!! Totally didn’t see this one coming. He is so amusing; I can’t help but just watch him act childish. How come he never showed me this side of him before? He is so cute mumbling profanities while stomping on some broken plates.


But I have to stop him before he thinks of stabbing himself with the knife that is only within reach.


“Okay stop!” I said, calming him down. I stifled a laugh when he stared back at me with a pouty face. “Fine, I’ll cook for you, but,” I continued, stressing on the ‘but’, “I only know how to cook one dish, so you better make sure you approve it, or else.” An empty threat.


He was then smiling as he took his seat. Omo, I think I just got myself involve with a psychotic person.


“By the way, Kwon Jiyong, you are not watching me cook.” I said, pulling him up the chair and shoving him outside the door.


“What am I suppose to do?” he asked.


“I don’t know, just don’t be in here.”


“But I want to see you cook.” Oh my God! If he starts whining about this, I’m gonna punch him.


“Youngbae told me you had a DVD of the original film version of Romeo and Juliet,” I said after a while.


“No.” he denied, “Yeah…It was a present from my mother, I don’t know what she was thinking giving that to me. I don’t know where it is now. Why?”


“Well, Look for it. I wanna watch it. We had to do a paper for it, remember.”


“I’m pretty sure you already read the book. Come on, I just want to see you work in the kitchen.” He said. God! He’s pushy.


Last resort, a quick kiss. “Just go,” I said afterwards. Did he just blush before walking away? Hmm.


I looked at the mess Kwon Jiyong caused before sighing.


“Umm, Miss,” a maid came in.


“Dara,” I told her, “Call me Dara.”


“Miss Dara, do you need any help?” she politely asked.


I look at her, then the mess, then back again before I helplessly smiled.


“Oh, I’ll take care of that.” she said quickly attending to the mess her young master created. She even called for reinforcement.


When they were finish cleaning up, the same made approached me, “Do you need something else Miss Dara?”


I shyly smiled this time and asked. “Do you have packed ramen on your pantry?”