chapter 23

21st girlfriend

CHAPTER XXIII


Writer POV


They stood in front of a huge opened door that led to a wide space before reaching the staircase. They were greeted by 8 people that looked like, judging from their uniforms, employees of the house.


“Welcome back, Miss Dara.” They hailed Dara like she’s the only one who arrived.


“Aigoo…” Dara playfully threw the baseball cap that she was wearing right down the floor, “What’s with the stiffness? Didn’t you all miss me?” she said, acting like she was hurt while clutching her chest.


The employees quickly hover around Dara with tears streaming from their faces. They’ve missed her, obviously.


Dara introduced the three boys she was with and told them to quickly prepare a room for them. She didn’t expect them to tag along so she wasn’t able to tell the maids to organize stuffs ahead.

………………

Jiyong POV


To say that we are shock is an understatement. We knew that Teddy-hyung was well-off; we thought it’s because of his hard work that is evident with his booming night club. We had no idea that their family is uber-rich. I think this house or rather castle that we’re in right now is the biggest one in all of Busan. Let’s not include the rest houses scattered along the beaches all over the world that Dara just told us about. Apparently, Mr. and Mrs. Park are conglomerates of the business world, so why are they living in Busan instead of the main city of Seoul?


“My parents would like to raise us on a sea-filled of childhood.” Dara said with a hint of unsureness in her voice. Oh! That explains everything.


“And why is this the first time I’m hearing about all these?” I asked.


“You never asked before” she blandly replied. She’s right, I was too busy falling in love with her without even knowing her background. Silly me.


There’s really still a lot of things I need to know about her and I’m more than eager to ask her about everything. Then I recall, she doesn’t really know much about me neither but it looks like she’s not even interested in asking. Huhu!! I fail as a boyfriend.


Teddy-hyung is right, what we have is of no difference with that of my past flings. No! I’m not gonna let it be the same. I’ve got to man up and tell her how I feel already. It doesn’t matter what her reaction would be, though it would be great if she feels the same way, totally understandable right? What’s not to love about me?


I stared at her in admiration as she prays in front of her parent’s tomb that is located in a mausoleum decorated with their family pictures. I’m guessing this is Teddy-hyung’s idea.





“Isn’t it good that staring is for free” Youngbae interrupted my thoughts. I elbowed him as I diverted my gaze.



“You know, you don’t have to stay here with me. There are restaurants in the city; I’ll have the driver give you a ride. I can just meet you there. I would like to stay here for a while.” Dara said after she finished praying.


“Okay!” TOP-hyung quickly answered before turning to the tombs, “It’s nice to meet you Dara’s Mom and Dad, we’re taking good care of Dara so you can have a peaceful rest.” He and Youngbae bowed down before shoving me to Dara’s side. As a reflex, I bounce back at their side. TOP-hyung then grabbed me by my collar as he starts threatening me in a whispering tone.


“Yah! This is your chance, if you don’t tell Dara how you feel, I’m gonna bury you right next to her parents – alive.” They left me with not much choice but to gulp as nervousness overcomes me. Sh!t, what to do now?!?!


……………….

Writer POV


Dara’s driver drove TOP and Youngbae to a nearby pub, which according to him is where Teddy used to hang out when he was in high school. It seems that they’ve got no problems letting minors in as long as they’re good-looking. And true enough the hosts are more than welcoming than normal.


The two are actually quiet nervous as to how Jiyong’s confession would turn out. So they’ve decided to drink up some shots in behalf of their soon-to-be-dead friend. TOP drank a can of beer while Youngbae stick with soda.


“You think they’re all right?” Youngbae asked after a few drinks.


“Of course!” TOP replied ardently.


“You know you’re less convincing when you’re sweating like that.” Youngbae then said.


“Shut up! Okay, I’m a little nervous as to how it’ll turn out, I’m actually frightened that I might drag Jiyong’s corpse later. Knowing Dara, there will be violence no matter what.” TOP said insensibly.


Youngbae sighed before talking, “You think it’s possible for Dara to like Jiyong?”


“How would I know?! Even Teddy-hyung doesn’t have any idea what she’s thinking, and he’s her brother at that.” TOP replied scoffing before swigging the entire canned beer.


“Oh come on, I thought you’re great, hyung.” Youngbae rag him.


TOP gained confidence after hearing this, “Yeah well,” he said as his brain starts assessing the situation. “I’m sure Jiyong is Dara’s first boyfriend, no one in Busan would have the guts to pursue her, and so their relationship is new to her. This ‘new’ experience might just be her ticket to falling in love.” He said rubbing his thumb and forefinger in his chin for added effects.


Youngbae arched an eyebrow before agreeing. “Ooh…I get it” he said, “but that’s just some baseless opinion. It doesn’t assure us that Dara’s gonna return Jiyong’s feelings for her. You know that she’s pretty unpredictable, right? For all we know, dating Jiyong is just one of her schemes to get out of boredom.” Youngbae contradicts.


“If you have that kind of idea, why bother asking for my opinion?” TOP asked yanking Youngbae’s ear.


Youngbae struggled, “I’m just weighing their situation hyung,” he said when TOP let go.


“Let’s play some pool” TOP said going on his way to an empty pool table.



They’ve been playing for a while, betting as they wait for Jiyong and Dara. TOP was taking his stance to aim and as he makes his shot someone bumped him from behind.


“Sh!t!! What the fck?!” he said turning his attention to the person that made him lose his shot.


“Sorry,” the person said as she clasps her palms but her eyes are not on TOP but is all over the pub like she’s looking for someone. “but please,” she pleaded as she places her forefinger against asking him to hush it down. She doesn’t have to ask though, TOP has quieted down the moment he saw her pretty face.


A group of people in black suits came out of the pub’s restroom and was on their way to their direction that was close to the exit when Youngbae spoke, “Miss, are you alright?” he said placing his hands on her shoulders making her hood fall down her head revealing her brightly colored red hair.


The stranger quickly held on her head as she duck trying to avoid being seen by the group of people. She looked at TOP’s gaping mouth then, “Sorry about this,” she said closing the gap between their faces, kissing him fully on his lips while covering her head with her hood again.


Youngbae and TOP was surprised beyond words. But TOP wasn’t too surprise, he was even able to grab the stranger by her waist as he deepen their kiss. The girl turned her back against the pool table completely covering herself with TOP’s body, away from the people she’s avoiding. Youngbae blushed as he watched the two make-out in front of him.


A few seconds more and Youngbae wasn’t able to contain it anymore, when people from the pub started murmuring, obviously about the two youngsters who can’t find a decent motel. “Aren’t you done yet? Miss, the people you’re trying to avoid is gone.” He asked tapping both of their shoulders. He figured that those people are the reason why this ‘red-head’ is so eager to kiss TOP.


That’s when the girl let go, turning her attention to the pub’s exit door, sighing as relief came to her. But TOP, being the ert that he is, continued kissing her jaw line up to her neck. The girl struggled and was able to push TOP away from her.


“Hey, enough kissing.” She then declared waking up TOP from euphoria. She wiped the part of her face that was covered with TOP’s saliva.
“Thank you.” She bowed down to both TOP and Youngbae as she walks her way out of the pub.


The two boys looked at each other with a what-the-fck-was-that-look on their faces. They hurriedly paid for their bill and then followed the girl outside. They saw her walking cautiously down the empty street.


“Hey!” TOP called out as he grabs her by the arm. The girl alarmingly positioned like she was about to punch TOP when she recognized who he was.


“Oh, it’s you.” She said.


“Where are you going?” TOP quickly asked.


The girl contemplated before answering “Listen, I’m really sorry about that kiss. I was just trying to avoid some people that are following me, that’s why I did that. I didn’t mean to offend you in any way or…” she left her sentence hanging when she noticed that TOP’s mouth was exuding drool.


“Hyung!” Youngbae yelled walking on TOP’s direction wiping his drool with TOP’s own clothes. “Stop salivating like a dog. It’s embarrassing.” He said.


“Is he alright?” The stranger asked Youngbae, stifling a laugh. Youngbae looked at her completely humiliated.


“Hyung, Youngbae…” Jiyong called out from afar, he and Dara have arrived to fetch them up.


Youngbae waved at their direction when he noticed that the stranger is staring intently at both Jiyong and Dara.


As the two of them got near, Youngbae’s smile widen when he saw them holding hands. Both blushing. He looked at TOP but he’s still busy drooling for the stranger.


Just when Dara and Jiyong got to their spot, the stranger started screaming her lungs out, holding Dara on her shoulders.


“Aaaaaahhhhhhhhh!!” The three of them stared at the girl in awe. TOP was still drooling while staring.


Then the girl suddenly smacked her lips to Dara’s before hugging her tightly.


“Bommie…” Dara manage to say.