chapter 15

21st girlfriend

CHAPTER XV


Writer POV


Jiyong and Dara are now driving down Seoul City, an eerie silence engulfing the insides of the car. Nobody’s trying to open up a conversation. Dara looked bored as usual and so she’s busying herself by ransacking Jiyong’s compartment.


Jiyong on the other hand can’t shake off the strange feeling he’s experiencing ever since they went out Dara’s house. He suddenly remembered the talk he had last time with the guys. He remembered giving up on the thought of making her 21st the night Teddy almost killed him. So why did he just go with it when she’s telling everybody that they’re together? Does it mean I like ‘as in LIKE’ her? Aurgh! Stupid Dong Youngbae!!! Why did you ask me that stupid question?? What does liking someone means? How does one feel that? Of course, I liked all the girls I’ve dated before, why would I date them if I don’t? But I feel a different ‘like’ when it comes to Dara. It’s nothing like the one I felt about those other girls. Aurgh! Liking someone differently is so damn confusing!



Jiyong woke up from his trance when his car unexpectedly swerves without him doing anything. He quickly hit on brake when another car from their left side almost swiped them over. It was when Dara was already pulling his hair that he realized that the traffic light already signaled stop.


“Are you trying to get us killed?” Dara asked, pulling Jiyong’s hair. “You really are fcking suicidal.” Huh!


“Aw! S-stop it. It hurts! I’m sorry” He said tugging Dara’s hands away from his head. “STOP!” He snarled holding both her arms. Dara stopped and looked directly passed him. He turned his head and Oh Sh!t!!


……………

Dara POV


Stupid Kwon Jiyong-sh!t!!


I expected something exciting from him being my playmate and all. But I didn’t expect him to pull out that death defying stunt. Death doesn’t count as exciting for me. Fck! I almost peed my shorts while swerving his steering wheel. What was he thinking?!



Tsk. I am so running my off before it gets thrown out to jail by this police officer. He heaved us on the side because we were causing traffic earlier. Sh!t. What do I do now? Spending my life in jail is so not thrilling!!


I was looking for routes on where to run off to when Jiyong distracted me. “Where did the police go?” I asked when I noticed that the police what out of sight. “Are we going to jail? Did he just call for back-up?” I asked hysterically. Sh!t!!


“Relax,” Relax?! How about I beat you to death so you can relax for life? “It’s not like we caused an accident so he just lectured me a little about driving safely.” He said. Phew! Okay then. No one’s going to jail. I knew that.


*crickets*

……………..

Jiyong POV


*crickets*


“So, w-where do you wanna go?” I finally asked. Damn, I’m nervous.


“Where do you wanna go?” She asked me back while leaning on my car’s hood.


“I don’t know.” I said.


“I don’t know.” She said. Am I the only one feeling awkward?



“How about the amusement park?” I suggested.


She looked at me with her are-you-sh!tting-me look. Okay, no to amusement park then.


“Aquarium?”


“No.”


“How about a movie?” I suggested.


“Which movie?” She said, obviously not interested.


“Let’s go check it out.” I said, obviously irritated. Why can’t she just say yes?


“Is it far?” she asked. “I wanna walk.” Walkathon again? God! The nightmares from last time are still haunting me.


“Why? So you can beat up another person.” I uttered knowingly. I don’t want to walk!


“No. So that I won’t have to die from your - driving skills.” She retorted. Excuse me!! Whose fault does she think it was that I was on a trance? Damn, confusing psycho-girl.


I’m usually incredibly tolerating when it comes to girls throwing girly tantrums but my patience is actually thinning with this little person and she’s not even having tantrums. *breathes in**breathes out*


“Where exactly did you plan on going when you said ‘let’s go on a date’?” I asked as calmly as possible.
She just shrugged.



“THEN WHY DID YOU INVITE ME OUT?” That’s it. This girl’s gonna get some of my nagging. “I should’ve just hang out with TOP-hyung instead of you or because he’s annoying me as well, I should’ve just stayed home comfortably rolling in my bed.” I can sense that she wants to talk back but I didn’t let her. God knows that she’s just gonna pawn me if I let her.


“Why do I have to waste my weekend baby-sitting you? You don’t even know what you want to do. I’ve suggested places that couples would usually go to, but you clearly don’t want to go there. Why? Huh?! Why am I here in this situation? WHY DID YOU INVITE ME OUT?!! Answer me!” I obviously frightened her with my sudden outburst.


“I wanna spend time with you.” She said in a small voice, almost in a whisper, but I heard her clearly.


I was taken aback. I didn’t see that response coming. I diverted my gaze because I’m aware that I’m redder than the color red itself. God! How can she say that like it’s the most normal thing? It’s so embarrassing. It does not make me happy at all. *smiles*


“O-oh!...I-is that so? It can be helped then.” I said scratching my head. “Let’s go”


I pulled her hands and we started walking.


OHMYGOD!! She wants to spend time with me and we’re holding hands. But this is just so she won’t get lost, you know, since she’s not that familiar with Seoul yet. *blows out air*


………….

Dara POV


‘I wanna spend time with you’. Ulk! If it was on another situation I would’ve died of extreme cheesiness. I didn’t know he can be so scary while nagging that I just suddenly blurted out those sinful words. Where did those come from anyway? I didn’t know I’ve got a stack of cheesy words hidden behind my brain. They probably came out because fear needs to come in.


And now we’re here. Is he trying to piss me off? Why, of all places, should he bring me in a freaking amusement park? I don’t particularly hate it but I don’t like it either. It’s loaded with people, he’s aware than I’m sort of an introvert right?


“Let’s ride the ‘Flying Dutchman’ first” The what? Oh, he’s pertaining to that huge boat hanging in the air that rocks its crew back and forth to death. There’s no way I’m riding that sh!t.





“I’m hungry, let’s eat first.” I said.


“You might puke if we eat first.” He said dragging me to the line of people that’s waiting for their turn to ride the boat of death.


Gee, how did he know that I was planning to puke on him if he insisted on riding that stupid boat?



It was finally our turn. I don’t want to admit it, but I think it’s evident from my shaking that I’m scared.


“Dara, are you alright?” The doo-doo head beside me asked. You think it’s just normal for people to shake?! YOU MORON! I wanted to scream in his face, but I’m already too anxious just by sitting here.


“It’s okay, if you die here; at least I’m with you.” He said cheekily while holding my hand. Is that supposed to make me feel better? You ! Then the boat started swinging backwards, slowly, very slowly, too slow and then bam! It rocked forward. I screamed my lungs out.


“AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!” Both Jiyong-sh!t and I screamed our lungs out.