chapter 19

21st girlfriend

CHAPTER XIX


Writer POV


“What’s wrong with me?” Dara asked before splashing her face with water. She had been standing in front of the mirror for a while now, pretty much distracted because of Kwon Jiyong.


She was not shocked to see Kwon Jiyong waiting for her outside the restroom, she was aware that he followed her when she suddenly left after putting down her bag in her seat.


“You have a very creepy habit of standing outside girls’ restrooms.” She said as she walks towards their classroom.


Jiyong follows but did not answer. Instead, he pulled Dara at the side, and as she hits the wall, he trapped her as both his hands pinned the wall. Dara couldn’t do much as to blink her eyes.


“What did you mean by ‘just a kiss’?” he asked with gritted teeth.





“Seriously…that’s your problem?” Dara asked back, fully annoyed.


“Dara, you’re very hard for me to understand.” Jiyong said.


“Then stop trying to understand me.” Dara retorted.


“What are you hiding?” Jiyong asked.


“I used to love ‘Spice Girls’.” Dara responded.


Jiyong took his hands off the wall as he sniggered at Dara’s response.


“What? I’m a girl too.” Dara said, irritated with Jiyong’s sniggers.


“That’s not something people usually hide,” Jiyong said as he recovers.


“Omo! You liked Spice Girls too?” Dara exclaimed.


He just pulled Dara’s hands as a reply and then led the way to the rooftop. First period had most likely started so, there’s no point in attending it.

………………………..

Jiyong POV


Damn it!! How can she say that it was ‘just a kiss’? Seriously, I’m hurt. *pout*


“Yah!” I called out. She began playing with her phone as soon as we entered the rooftop. Can you believe this girl? Her attention should be on me. Wonder what she’ll do to me if I throw out that stupid phone.


“Dara-ya…” I crooned sweetly.


“What?” she retorted without even looking at me. *grrr*


I glared at her hoping she’ll at least divert her attention to me and as I did, I felt my face soften as I see her change her expression as to how her game is progressing. She’s effortlessly beautiful.


Her genuine smiles are my favorite, though I seldom see it. The last time was when we went to the amusement park; I can tell that she really did enjoy it there. I did too, but that story about her getting kidnapped before ruined my mood. Fck! Those fcking kidnappers! It must have been traumatizing for my cute little Sandara. I wonder which prisons those hoodlums are in; I should pay them a visit soon. *evil aura*


It must be hard on her while growing up, what with no freedom. She’s really nice to put up with such overprotective family members. If I was in her suffocating position, I’d probably rebel. That’s just me though. Maybe this is one reason why she doesn’t smile a lot, she’s just not used to it. Not use to people. Not use to affection. Not use to lov—


“Yeah!! That’s what I’m talking about. Who are you gonna beat now you fcking can?! Eat sh!t!!” Dara suddenly bellowed at her phone. I can see that she’s very used to cursing though; she’s a pro at it.


Finally, she finished playing. Now we can talk about that ‘just a kiss’. That statement really bothered me. I took her phone just to make sure that her attention is fully on me.


“Da---“


“I think first period just finished, let’s go.” She cut me off and ran downstairs.


Are you fcking kidding me?!


………………………


As far as I can remember, this has been the most unproductive day ever. I hate it. I mean, I just realized I’m in love, shouldn’t I be all lovey-dovey with my girlfriend. Aurgh! Instead, I got bothered by her ‘it’s just a kiss’ statement. Why am I bothered with it anyway? Because it came out from the same lips that gave me that kiss.


And then there’s TOP-hyung and Youngbae, I don’t know why but they suddenly got all worked up when I told them that I haven’t told Dara about my feelings for her yet. You know what those fcking traitors did? They monopolized her and acted like the three of them are the only people in the world. They wouldn’t even let me in with their conversations. And MY supposed GIRLFRIEND, acted like ignoring me is as normal as everyday breathing. She’s totally doing it on purpose because she knows that I’m gonna ask her about our shared ‘just a kiss’ moment. She’s really good at dodging.


And then I thought I would be able to talk to her when we ride back my car taking her home, but Teddy-hyung just have to pick her up saying he misses his sister. How sweet. Crazy fanboy!




“Oh good, you’re here,” Mom said as I entered the house. Wait…Mom?!


“What are you doing here Mom? Where’s Dad?! I asked as I kissed her cheeks. She points at my father’s direction that is coming out from our study room carrying a briefcase. I greeted my Dad when Mom started talking.


“This is just gonna be quick ‘coz we have a dinner meeting at Shanghai, so listen carefully, after your summer break, you are meeting your fiancée. So you better be ready by then. I don’t want her parents getting a bad impression on you.” Mom said. Did I hear it right?


“Fiancée?! What are you talking about? I thought we’ve agreed that I get to choose what I want in life. What is this fiancée all about?” I asked doubtfully.



“We changed our mind, son,” Dad said as he led me outside the door, “Your Mom and I had been made aware about your philandering acts while we are not here, though I admit that I’m proud because my only boy is fast becoming a man, it’s not exactly good for our family’s image.” He said before opening the car door for my Mom. “That is why, we have chosen a girl that you could date and could strengthen the Kwon name at the same time.”



“What?! So, where do I stand in all of these? I thought we’re gonna talk about every decisions as a family. How could you leave out important information from me?” I am so confuse. They just came here to inform me that I have a fiancée and then go on with their business trips. They haven’t even handed their presents for me. What’s happening?


“It was an out of the blue decision Jiyong.” That clarifies it all Mom, thanks. “Don’t worry, she’s a beautiful girl. I’m sure you’ll like her.” Mom said as he kissed me goodbye.


“But I have a girlfriend now,” and she’s going to kill me if she discovers that I’m two-timing.


“Break-up with her, I’m sure that’s easy for you to do” Dad said as the car drove away.



Easy?! She’s gonna break my neck.