chapter 5

21st girlfriend

CHAPTER V


Writer’s POV


It’s been days since Jiyong didn’t come to school. 
His been out contemplating on his actions towards the new girl Sandara Park. He wandered around mountains and mountains in the provinces of Korea. Just so he can clear his head and act as normal near her as he is around other girls. His plans are completed, taking it slowly is the key, he is rather sure that she’ll be no. 21 in no time.
At least that’s what he thinks.


On the other hand, Dara is doing her best not to explode. She is at her wit’s end. She’s bored to death in this foreign city. Her oppa wouldn’t let her go out after class or during the weekends unless she’s with friends she properly introduced to him or unless he’s with her, the thing is, she doesn’t have friends to introduce and she doesn’t want to go out with him. He’s just gonna go around buying her pointless stuffs. Like, one time, they went to this mall after school ended. He practically dragged her into every store buying her disguises saying she should wear it in school in order to not stand out. Her jaw dropped at every item. It’s mortifying. She wouldn’t be caught dead wearing those.


At least school is normal; typical dreary classes, ok classmates, fanboys sneering at her, psychogirls talking behind her back, the best part is hanging out with TOP and Youngbae during freetime at school. They made her feel like she’s one of them, well, TOP hits on her every chance he gets, but you know, nothing she can’t handle. She wouldn’t dare introduce these two to her brother though. He’s gonna go ballistic.


It’s weird how these two knows her too well despite the fact that they’ve only known each other for a few days. It’s like their mentally taking note of what she likes and doesn’t like. It’s the first time she enjoyed being doted upon by people; she thought she got enough of that from her dad and brother already, she admits that it’s kind of refreshing to receive fondness from these two, with no malicious intentions that is. 


……………


Dara POV


*yawn* I hate mornings; it keeps on waking me up. It’s another day at school. Ever since I can remember, my life has been on routine; eat-study-eat-go to sleep-eat. I’m not complaining or anything but I think I’m getting dull.  I needed something that will invigorate my existence. I’m in highschool for Christ’s sake, I call for exciting activities like…like…like…robbing a bank?! Aurgh! I don’t know…just, anything. Why is the world so dull and uninteresting?!


“Anneong” Youngbae greeted me with droopy eyes. I just smiled at him thinking what he could be doing that made him always sleepy.


“I bought a new pillow, it wasn’t as comfortable as the one I had before” that answered my question. Seriously!?!


I shook my head as he assumed his sleeping position.


I was distracted on my reverie when my girl classmates started squealing like crazy. I turned my head on the newly arrived guy and I was sure my insides squirmed. Gone was the blond naughty boy-next-door look of my supposedly seatmate. Walking towards me is this raven-haired hottie.


He paced like he owned the floor, ignoring greetings from her fangirls, beaming and ogling directly at me???! What the hell is this kid smiling about??!! Where was he this past few days anyway? Something’s definitely up.


“So Dara-ya,” Dara-ya??!! Since when did we get close to the point of calling each other comfortably? I don’t even remember exchanging conversations with him on my first day. I remember him sweating though, but that’s not the point here. The point is he’s now seating too closely and his arm is on my backrest. OMFG!!! “How was school so far?” huh??!! Is that you Teddy-oppa?!


Perhaps, this guy…haha…is he serious?! 


I bit my inside cheeks to stifle my laugh. So you wanna play that game huh?! Since I’m bored, I’m gonna play with you. Let’s see who folds first.


I answered him trying so hard not to laugh “…mmm…school is…good.” Sh!t! Lame adjective.


“Just tell me if anyone bullies you, I’ll take care of them” he said, much to my delight.


“You were gone for a few days?” I asked after a while, avoiding his stares. Afraid that I might fold first because of too much amusement for this guy. 


“Were you worried for your Jiyong-oppa?” Who the fck is my Jiyong-oppa??!!


I just covered my mouth and looked to the other side in an attempt of hiding my impending laughter. He said that with too much cuteness probably planning on blinding me.



………………


Jiyong POV


My confidence is back. Yahoo!! I can’t believe it was even gone. It probably just rested for a while to power up. 


Tsk…see, it’s this easy. I haven’t even exerted too much effort and she’s already melting. She can’t even hide her giddiness in front of me. But she really is so pretty, can’t believe I once thought she’s normal looking. But wait, I need to focus on my plan. A little skinship would do the trick.


I was gonna reached for her hand that is covering then recite some of my pick-up lines when…


“DAAAAAARAAA-YA!!!!!!!! Good morning!” …TOP hyung interrupted. He sat on Dara’s desk then started playing with her hands. Fck! I should be the one doing that. “How is your morning? Did you finish your breakfast? Did you brush your teeth properly?” What is this guy talking about? He keeps on asking her trivial stuffs and THIS GIRL!!!???!!!...giggles on everything hyung is saying.


“Oh…Jiyong you’re here?” Nice of you to notice me hyung. “So that’s why there are a lot of girls in the area.” I look at around us and there really are a lot of girls. I waved at them and gave them my killer smile. They fanatically squeled. *smirk*


I then noticed that TOP is fixedly staring at me. “What?” I confusely asked.


“Your seating way too close to Dara,” He said with a raised eyebrow, “Are you still planning on making her your next girlfriend-slash-victim?”


My jaw dropped at his sudden exposure of my plans. I’m gonna kill you later hyung. I looked at Dara and saw her baffled face. “What are you talking about TOP?” she asked TOP hyung with her eyes squinting straight at me. I started searching my brains for answers when TOP hyung started talking again. OH NO!!


“You know how Jiyong has this reputation with girls, right?” TOP hyung begins while I’m slowly shrinking due to embarassment. When this person started talking there’s no way of stopping him.


“Well, he recently broke up with his last girlfriend and he says he’s gonna make you his next target.” Nice, straight to the point explanation hyung, thank you very much. She then started laughing mockingly. I can’t even bring myself into looking at their direction. 


“I knew something’s up the moment he walked in,” what does she mean she knew?! Then what are those giggles for? I can feel her boring holes at the back of my skull as she said her next words. “He even calls himself MY Jiyong-oppa.” And then hyung started laughing maniacally, that’s it this girl needs to know her place.


“I was just being nice to you since you were new, you should be honored that I even bothered looking at you. You are not even close to being my type!” okay, that was rude. That was just my mouth talking. 


She looks at me like what I said made all sense and she’s even smirking. “Really now, Kwon Jiyong-shi!” she said as she crossed her arms. Fck! What have I done?! What to do now? Help!!! Mommy!!!