chapter 8

21st girlfriend

CHAPTER VIII


Writer POV



“LET GO OF THAT ARM, DONG YOUNGBAE!!!!!!!!!!”


Teddy and Jiyong roared at the cowering Youngbae.





“Yah!! We’re right in front of you, no need to shout,” Dara told them and then she had Youngbae sit beside the puzzled TOP. However, Youngbae is still hesitant to let go. With Dara’s back now facing him, he held onto Dara’s clothes. Dara was smiling inside with Youngbae’s reaction; she can’t believe that a big guy like him is gonna be super scared right now. Sooo cute!!


Well, who wouldn’t be? Her brother looked like he’s ready to kill, and Jiyong looked just as the same. I wonder why?

Dara was shifting her glances between her brother and her ‘playmate’ when her brother suddenly threw an empty bottle of beer aiming at Youngbae’s direction.


“Oppa!!!” Dara shrieked after swatting the bottle away, it now laid on the floor in pieces.


“Dara-ya, what’s going on?” TOP asked Dara when he got his senses back.


“How dare you call…” Teddy wasn’t able to continue his sentence when Dara interupted.


“Oppa, will you calm down? Geez!!! Can’t we talk calmly, like normal people?” Dara said while holding his hands.


“Calm down??!! CALM DOWN??!! Don’t tell me to calm down, young lady. What are you doing here? I told you to sleep early. And what are you wearing? Aurgh!! I should’ve burnt your y clothes when I got the chance. Why do you even have those clothes??! and how did you know these morons?” he finished while pointing interchangeably at Youngbae, TOP and Jiyong. *breathes in**breathes out*


Dara just smiled and said “TOP and Youngbae are my friends, you see, we go to the same school,” Dara let go of Teddy’s hands and skipped her way unto Jiyong then intertwined her fingers with his, “with Jiyong here, my boyfriend.” She said as she clutched their hands to her chest.


Everybody in the room stayed still, reading the situation.


Jiyong stiffened as Dara pulled him closer to whisper something. “You are so dead.” She muttered on his ear then gave him a small peck on the cheek. He turned his head towards her and saw her smiling cheekily at him.


Everybody in the room stayed still, the situation is now completely understood.


The muffled sound from the dancefloor resonating on the soundproof VIP lounge is the only thing that can be heard until…



“KWON-JIYONG-WHAT-DID-YOU-DO-TO-MY-SISTER?????!!!!!!!” Mt. Teddy erupted.


“H-hyung, I-I can ex-xplain,” Jiyong stuttered his way out of the situation. “Sh-she’s not my…”


“It was love at first sight oppa, the glasses that you gave me, made wonders.” Dara interrupted.


Dara kept on telling lies about her and Jiyong, while Jiyong looked at her totally appalled with everything. He should be running now. But he’s too scared to even breathe. He knew that taking a single step means death. Why? Why must she be Teddy-hyung’s beloved sister? I’m taking back my words of making her my girlfriend. I don’t wanna be killed by this scary person.


On the other side


“I wasn’t expecting this kind of development.” TOP said in the middle of drinking beer.


“I just felt relieved that hyung’s anger is now directed at Jiyong.” Youngbae replied while eating everything that’s in the table. He was too anxious earlier that he didn’t get to eat anything before picking up Dara.


“Are they really together?” Kush butted in since he doesn’t really have anything better to do while his friend is battling the urge of killing someone in front of his own sister. He thought that if Dara just blinked even once, the moment she opens her eyes, Jiyong is already on his own blood pool. Everything’s possible with furious Teddy.


“Well, Jiyong did mention that he wants Dara to be his girlfriend.” TOP replied totally uncaring of what might happen to his friend, he thinks it’s fun to see the great Kwon Jiyong gets bullied by the invincible Park siblings.


“Stoooopid!” Kush just said with a sigh.


The three of them just sat there like they’re watching a movie that’s already on its part.


Teddy currently has his hands on Jiyong’s throat, choking the life out of him, when Dara turned to the three audiences.


“Jiyong’s going to die, you know.” She told them in a matter-of-fact tone.


“Well, his killer is YOUR brother, no one else here is capable of stopping him but YOU.” Kush answered back. TOP and Youngbae nodded frantically.
Dara just rolled his eyes at the traitors.


Jiyong’s vision is becoming hazy; he can feel his soul leaving his physical form. Dara leaned into him and whispered, “Don’t go into the light just yet.”

Hearing her now is like hearing an angel. Uwaaah…I really am dead……….…wait…….

His soul is coming back to him

Jiyong’s soul: waaahh!! Master!! I thought I was gone for good.


He was coughing and trying his best to recuperate.


“Oppa, I don’t wanna go visiting you in prison and besides you don’t look good in black and white stripes.” Dara said as he pushed his brother away from the almost lifeless Jiyong.


The three ‘movie-goers’ clapped their hands in admiration. They were truly amazed that Dara was able to pacify his raging brother. It’s confirmed; Dara got the upper-hand in this family. If anyone wants something from Teddy, they should get close to this little person first, if that’s in anyway, possible.


“Don’t worry princess, no one will know about his death. I’ll make sure his corpse is never recognized.” Teddy said with confidence.


Dara was appalled with what his brother just said. She knows that his brother is capable of inflicting serious damage, but she never really witness him doing it, and she doesn’t think she ever wants to.


Teddy is ready to attack when someone interrupted.


“Hyung, you’re clients are here, I sent them to your studio.” The waiter said.




Kush finally stood up, realizing that the movie needs to be cut-off for a while. “Bro, stop your dramatic i-must-protect-Dara procedures for a while, we need to settle this first.”


But Teddy didn’t budge, for him; Dara always needs to come first.


“Come on, man. You know Dara can take care of herself.” Kush shoves him out the door. Teddy just let him. Kush is right; Dara can take care of herself.





But having Kwon Jiyong as her boyfriend is unforgivable. He’s dead if he does to Dara whatever he did to his past girlfriends. He just hopes that Dara will lose interest in him quickly like she does with a lot of things. This is seriously the only moment where he’s thankful for his sister’s dullness. But still, he has to be cautious.


“This is not over Kwon Jiyong” Teddy said with finality before going out.


Kush stopped on his track to look at Dara or more like check her out. “Tsk. You’ve grown up really prettily, no wonder Teddy is having a fuss.” He said with his right hand on his chin while twirling around her.


Teddy re-appeared then pulls him back by his collar. “Yah! You e,” he said.


“What?! Are you the only one who’s allowed to fanboy over her, she’s like my little sister too.” Kush defended himself. Teddy just continued pulling him then threw him out the door.


“Let’s hang out later on Dara-ya.” Kush shouted from the outside then ran away.


“Youngbae, send Dara back home. If something happens to her, you’re dead.” Teddy threatened. “We’ll talk when I come back, okay.” He gently told Dara, and then kissed her on the forehead. He threw one last glare to the traumatized Jiyong then went out the door.


The four people were left there in the company of an awkward silence.