chapter 11

21st girlfriend

CHAPTER XI


Jiyong POV


Wow!!! I didn’t know Seoul, Korea was this big. And to think I was born and raised here, I thought I’ve seen all of its nooks and corners. There are a lot of lovely parks and the skyscrapers are splendid. I should take some time and observe its beauty.


That’s what I want to say. But, I can’t really appreciate Seoul, Korea right now, especially, when I’m this tired and hungry. Screw the people who built these parks and skyscrapers!


We’ve been walking for hours. If I was wearing cheap shoes, which is unlikely to happen ‘coz I’ve never worn anything cheap in my entire life and I don’t think I want to start now, it would turn into slippers by the pace we’re going. Thank God I’m wearing pricey shoes that are also to die for by the way. I suddenly felt bad for the poor. If I ever survive this walkathon-of-hell, I swear I would donate some shoes.


I wonder where we’re going. When she said ‘follow me’ earlier, I thought we’re just going to some place inside campus or at least somewhere near campus. I was just too busy staring at her hair swaying with every step that she takes that it was too late when I realized that we’re already walking on a city sidewalk.



...



“Hey miss; you look lost, mind if I help you. Where do you wanna go?” An ugly ahjussi with floral polo shirt approached Dara while flunging his right arm over her shoulders.


Son-of-a-b!tch!!! How dare he touch MY girl so easily?!


He’s lucky that I was walking a little distant behind Dara or else he’ll plunge down the moment he starts noticing her. I was striding towards them when…


“AURGH!!! You crazy b!tch!!!” Dara punched the ahjussi square to the face. I hastily stopped and watch as the poor ahjussi tends to his bleeding nose, kneeling down probably due to the dizziness. That was one hell of a mad punch.


“You !!! How dare you touch me with your filthy hands!?! Where do I want to go? Anywhere as long as you’re not in there, you disgusting animal…” Dara continued lecturing the guy when I noticed some other people approaching.
Holy sh!t!!! The got company. And they look like they’re part of a gang wearing all those black suits and SHIZZ. Totally mafia members. Omo!!!


I quickly ran towards Dara, grab her by the waist and tried to drag her out of there, but she still wasn’t done lecturing. The mafias are coming near so I had no choice but to forcefully lift her a little and cart her away by her waist. She’s still shouting at the guy she just ruthlessly punched while struggling to get away from my grip.


……………


Writer POV


“Are you crazy?” Jiyong exclaimed as she put Dara down at one of the bench surrounding Han River.


“Am I crazy?” Dara muttered with sarcasm. “The question is, WHERE were you when you girlfriend was being harassed by that hoodlum?” she then spatted.


“You? Harassed? Sorry. It just that, from where I was standing, I can’t really figure out who’s harassing who. God, Dara!! You’re a girl; you shouldn’t be going around punching people in the middle of the street.” Jiyong preached.


“Okay, first of all, just because I’m a girl, doesn’t mean I shouldn’t be able to protect myself. Secondly, I don’t go around punching people, just those really infuriating ones. And finally, I didn’t punch that guy in the middle of the street; we were in the freaking sidewalk, thank you very much.” Dara opposed.


Jiyong just raked his hair in frustration. Totally disbelieving what just happened. They could’ve died on the spot. He stared her down while she stared back with arrogance.


Jiyong just sighed loudly disclosing his defeat and slumped himself beside her. He doesn’t have energy left to argue with a psychotic girl.







“Where were you planning on taking me?” Jiyong finally said when he felt a little rested.


“What are you talking about?” Dara asked back.


Jiyong shifted his head so he can look at her and then swiftly shifted back when he saw her staring straight at him. He felt his blood rushed up to his face. SH!T!! What was that??


“uhm, i-isn’t there something y-you want to talk to me about that’s w-why you told me to f-follow you.” Jiyong said, trying to act cool about everything but the truth is, his burning inside.


“Not really,” Dara answered.


Jiyong feels like there is something wrong with that answer. “Then where do you plan on going?” Jiyong asked.
“I don’t know.” She answered as she shrugged her shoulders.


Jiyong looked at hers increduously. Yup! Something’s definitely wrong.


“What do you mean you don’t know?” Jiyong barked at her. “We’ve been walking for hours around the city, I think my feet are currently bleeding, we almost died back there too, and you’re saying that you don’t know where we’re going?*inhale**exhale*I got tired from walking because YOU got lost?! Un-fcking-believable”


“Hey, I’m from Busan, how was I supposed to know Seoul’s geography?” Dara retorted then flipped her hair.


Its official, Jiyong’s gonna kill this girl, if only he has enough energy.








*growl* says Dara’s stomach.


She looked at Jiyong with puppy eyes and pouty lips. Jiyong just stared back. Cute!! I’m hungry too, can I eat her instead?


“Come on, let’s eat.” Jiyong suddenly said with a straight face. Dara smiled giddily. OhmyGod!! She’s too cute, I’m gonna die.


Jiyong took her to a fancy restaurant near the river. When they got in front of it, Dara halted and looked at a distant, Jiyong looked at the direction she’s looking at and spotted a small ramen house at the far corner of the street.


“Let’s eat there.” Dara said then swiftly hop away from Jiyong and the fancy restaurant. Jiyong has no choice but to follow her ‘again’, thinking that this girl might get lost and punch someone ‘again’.


Dara has already started ordering when Jiyong took his seat across her. She’s starving to the point of dying. When the food was served, she devoured it like there’s no tomorrow. Not minding the stares she got from neighborings tables.


Jiyong was shocked beyond words, unable to comprehend what’s happening before him. It’s his first time to see a girl eat like a trucker, actually this girl before him, eats worst than a trucker, at least truckers use utensils even if its only spoon they’ve got. But Dara, she LITERALLY got her hands on everything that’s on the table.


When she finished, she even belched too loudly like she’s the only one in the room. “Excuse me,” she said as she covered . How lady-like.


She stared directly at Jiyong, “See you tomorrow.” She said then went on her way outside the store. Jiyong followed her with his stares as the taxi she went inside in sped away. What the hell just happened?!?!