chapter 20

21st girlfriend

CHAPTER XX

Writer POV


“Oppa, how was your first kiss?” Dara asked while piecing her chicken. Teddy choked up what he was eating after hearing this.


“Yah! What are you talking about?!” He shrieked after recovering.


The whole restaurant looked at their direction because of Teddy’s booming voice.


“Tone it down oppa.” Dara said looking down because of embarrassment.


Teddy apologized to some of the people in view then turned to her sister. “Why would you ask such a question?” he asked in a whisper. He always wished that his sister would at least ask him about anything that she’s curious about, but he was revolted as to why his baby sister would be curious about this ‘stuffs’.


“Well…its ‘coz…you see” Dara struggled for words to say but ended giving up on it, “Just forget about it, it doesn’t matter.”


“Did Jiyong do something to you?!” Teddy asked alarming eyes.


“NO!” Dara quickly retorted. “It’s actually more like the other way around.” She muttered as if the wind is her only listener.


When he took a glance at her brother, she discerned that he heard her clearly. His face registered a look that says ‘who-are-you-and-what-have-you-done-with-my-sister’.


“Stop looking at me like I violated him.” Dara defended herself. “I just gave him --- a peck --- on his --- lips.” Dara bit her lower lip after her revelation.





“Aigoo!! This is embarrassing. I shouldn’t be talking to you about these kind of stuffs,” she said when Teddy didn’t even move a muscle. “Let’s not talk about it. Is that good oppa?! Can I have some?” She tried to change the topic by asking for food.


“O-oh…y-yeah it is, here,” Teddy said, feeding her a piece of steak.


They resumed eating in an awkward atmosphere.



“Dara-ya,” but Teddy couldn’t help but ask something.


“Hmm” Dara droned.


“Do you like Kwon Jiyong?” Dara dropped her utensils as she looked at her brother with a grim face.




“Aurgh!” Dara whimpered while covering her face with her hands propped at the table. Teddy called out the waiter for a new set of utensils. “I don’t know, I’m so confuse. Stupid sh!tty Kwon Jiyong.” Her voice slightly muffled as she talked behind her palms.


“Dara, first of all, elbows off the table,” Teddy ordered as to which she unwillingly complied, “second, don’t curse in front of your food and then lastly, liking someone can really be really confusing.”


“Why would you assume that I like Kwon Jiyong?” Dara asked squinting her eyes at her brother.


“I would like to deny it myself but it’s pretty damn obvious.” He said after drinking water, he wants to applaud himself for not imploding to the fact that her sister likes somebody like Kwon Jiyong. “This is the first time I saw you get really into something or in this case someone.”
I’m not into him.” Dara vehemently denied.


Teddy smiled at her denial, “Then why do you hang out with him?” her sister’s face is just so cute he can’t help but more. “You usually shun people off with your extreme dullness.”


Dara scratched her head for answer, “H-he’s a good company.” She said softly.


“Company?! Didn’t you arrogantly told me that he’s your boyfriend?” Teddy provoked Dara as he can see her sweating.





“Princess…is there something you want to tell me?” He asked when Dara didn’t say anything.


“W-well,” Dara began with a very guilty face and eyes looking at all direction except Teddy’s. “I honestly didn’t mean for it to last this long. My plan was just to scare the crap out of him by having you frighten him. I was bored and thought that his scared face would be interesting. It was stupid, I know.”


Teddy stared at her for a moment, “It is quite stupid,” he said not believing that his sister has this childish side in her. “And I’m not scary.”


“I know but he is scared of you, that’s why it’s funny.” She chuckled a little. “I didn’t expect it to last this long, really, and now I have no idea how to stop it.” Dara whined.


Teddy’s face softened upon her dilemma. “Do you want it to stop?” he asked.


“It’s the right thing to do.” Dara concluded.


“So you plan on telling him these and then break-up with him,” He said with thoughts of how Jiyong recently admitted his ‘love’ for Dara. ‘Poor him, well, it’s good while it lasts’, he thought quietly. “When?” he then asked.


“It’s not the ‘when’ oppa, it’s the ‘how’!” she said, taking a bite at the piece of meat she left uneaten. “I originally plan on telling him the day we went out for a date, but then he converted into this unbelievably charming guy that I totally forgot about breaking it off with him,” she said animatedly, “And then, to make matters worse, I just had to go and kiss him as a ‘thank you’,” she covers her face with her hands again before continuing, “Why, of all things I could’ve given him, why a kiss?” she took of her hands as she explained, “I really wanted to bang my head after realizing how stupid it was.”


“I think we need to skip desert, Dara-ya.” Teddy said calling for the waiter for their bill. People are already throwing them annoyed glances because of how Dara is acting.





Dara sighed deeply as her brother sat on the driver’s seat. “I’m sure you’ll figure something out, you’re smart.” Teddy said as she shuffles her hair.


“Aren’t you even gonna help me?” Dara pleaded.


“Well,” Teddy said as he maneuvered the car out of the restaurant’s parking lot. “You need to sort out your feelings first.”


“What does that mean?” she asked, totally annoyed that her brother is not helping one bit.


“Think about it. What made you kiss Jiyong that night?” Teddy asked casually. “Is it really because you wanted to thank him?”


Dara opened but closed it afterwards realizing she doesn’t really have anything to say.



It was a quiet drive since then. The siblings didn’t spoke a single word except for their ‘goodnights’ as Dara entered the house and Teddy readies himself for work.
Teddy felt heavy as he accepts the fact that his sister and that Casanova might really end up together. It’s ridiculously unbearable so he just psych himself up by crying inside that everything will work out fine. *sigh*


Dara, on the other hand, is battling a different kind of battle and she thinks she’s at the losing end.

…………..

Dara POV


God! Does this mean I like Jiyong-sh!t? Damn it! Thinking about it is so much more distressing than exams; at least I have notes to prepare me for it. I wonder if there are books that talk about liking someone, if so, I wouldn’t be caught reading it, ha!


I remember Mom saying that liking someone comes out naturally. She told me that when I punched a classmate for pissing me off. She said that boy liked me and is just trying to get my attention. He peed his shorts when I punched him, he clearly caught my attention. And I was six that time by the way, so I had no idea what Mom meant.


But what does that memory means? Obviously Jiyong pisses me off but I don’t think he does it on purpose, he just really annoys me with that cute smiles he gives me, with his little gentleman gestures like opening the car door for me or holding my hands while we’re walking. It’s shrewd and annoying but it felt fine.


Aurgh! I can’t possibly like him with these lame- reasons. It’s so…lame. I don’t know.


What have I gotten myself into? I shouldn’t have fooled around with him, now I’m feeling strange. Curse you boredom!


Well it’s his fault for hitting on me first, that’s why I got the idea that I thought would take me out of boredom. It wasn’t working at first but lately he’s been doing things that make me excited and that’s good. But, is that enough reason for me to like him? I don’t thinks so. Maybe I need to make some research for these. Damn! This is so infuriating.


Oh! That’s right. Let’s not forget about that kiss I gave him. Really, why did I do that? But it’s not like I regretted kissing him, it was totally cool. Like I said, it’s just a kiss. It’s just like holding hands. No big deal!


And so what if I really do like him? It should be his honor. But what’ll happen if I told him that I was just playing with him? Omo!!! Why am I getting scared? It’s just right that he knows.


I don’t know. I don’t know. Maybe I’ll just go with whatever might happen from now on. I’ll have him initiate the break-up. That’s right. He’s a playboy so philandering is in his nature, if I caught him cheating, I’ll break it off. Or maybe, I’ll just wait until he gets sick of me, I’m sure I’m not exactly his type, so…


Whatever! I’m sleepy. I’m sure I’ll figure something out tomorrow.