chapter 24

21st girlfriend

CHAPTER XXIV


Dara POV


Tsk. I shouldn’t have asked them to leave. Why didn’t this sh!t-head followed? I don’t know why but I feel really conscious every time I’m near him. Aurgh!! The thoughts I had that night about ‘possibly liking him’ swarms me whenever we’re alone.


He seemed nervous again. I notice he’s been fidgeting a lot recently and my paranoid brain says it got something to do with me.


Oh no! Is he trying to break-up with me? Is that it? I’m so stupid! Why didn’t I figure that out sooner? Wait, I can’t breathe. It’s a good thing that he’s back was still facing me as he fidgets by himself, he’ll think it’s weird when he sees me suddenly sweating. I tried to busy myself by arranging the already arranged flowers, I can feel myself shaking.


Shucks! Why am I getting nervous now? I know I said I’ll wait until he initiates the break-up so why is my heart beating like this, erratically beating like this. It should be ready by now right? Sh!t they should have a crash course on how to deal with break-ups, but I don’t think my nervousness got anything to do with dealing. It’s something much deeper than that, so deep it’s actually drowning me and my heart altogether.


“D-dara,” My erratically beating heart skipped a beat as it hears him call my name.


“Yeah!” I answered too quickly and did I just croak?


“Uhm…” I watch him keenly as he struggle for words to say, avoiding my eyes as much as possible. “Uhm…” he said again. I can’t take it anymore.


“If you want to break-up, I fully understand.” I babbled.


*crickets*


“What are you talking about?” He finally spoke; indignation was clear in his voice as it rang all over the room and it scared me.


“W-well,” I sat at one of the seats inside the mausoleum. My knees started to weaken as every dreadful moment pass. Crap, I lost what I was about to say.


“Why do you always think that I want to break-up with you?” he asked, now calmer but still angry.


Ha! Always? Yes I always think ‘that’ but I’m pretty sure this is only the second time I mentioned breaking-up. The first time was even just a joke.


I remained silent knowing that what I’ll be saying will only make things worse.


“Listen Dara, I’m not going to break-up with you,” He said after a while. He probably would if I tell him the truth…later.


“I…I don’t know how to say this without sounding stupid or overly cheesy,” He started fidgeting again as he explained. “And I’m sure you’ll laugh at me for saying this and then probably get violent afterwards, but whatever I’ll just say it.”


I just waited for him to speak up, enjoying his animated actions.


“I’ve been meaning to tell you this, but every time I try, the words just won’t come out. Like right now, I want to tell you badly, but instead I’m saying useless words. I’m actually scared as well with how you would react if ever I tell you this, but please try to listen and think about how I would feel as well before you respond, if ever you want to respond. All I’m saying is please try and be gentle.”


Is he trying to piss me off? What the hell is it?!!


“The thing is,” He said looking at me straight to my eyes, the kind of look that you just can’t help but blush. “I l-love you.” *gulp*


*blink**blink*


……………….


Jiyong POV



*blink**blink*, says Dara’s eyes. What happened to her? Did I say it right? I think I said it right. ‘I love you’, that’s what I said.


We’re on a staring contest with her eyes all blank and lifeless.


“Please say something.” I pleaded when I notice she’s not even moving. “Dara,”


“Hey!” I yelled. It worked, she moved.


“What did you just say?” She swiftly asked. Oh please don’t make me repeat it again. I just died a moment ago from the extreme tension I experienced.


“You said you love me?” So she heard it. “Is that right? You love me?”


I nodded. As if saying it loudly isn’t humiliating enough, she just has to rub it in my face.


“Wow, I didn’t see that one coming.” She said leaning coolly on the seat.



She’s been silent for a while now, thinking really hard. I let her be; at least she didn’t throw me a punch or worst, turned me down. I just hope I like whatever it is that she would come up with.


But God! Her silence is creeping me; it’s like calm before a storm.


“Jiyong...” she finally said after 48 years. I felt myself stiffened as I heard her calling me by my name. It’s usually ‘yah’ or ‘hey’ or ‘yo’. My name on her lips is music to my ears.


“I’m sorry but are you sure?”


I blinked as a reply.


“Maybe your just a little confuse. I mean, you don’t know me that well,” My heart constricted at her every word.


“You’re my girlfriend,” I simply said.


“So as all the girls you’ve been with before,” she said in my face. I don’t know why but I’m feeling rather agitated.


“I told you, you’re different.” My voice rose uncontrollably.


“Don’t give me that ‘you’re different’ bull again, I’m gonna slit your throat.”


“But you are!! And I’ve never felt this way before,” I explained totally bummed out by her reaction. “Certainly not with any other girls that I’ve been with before. Believe me I really do love you.”


“You don’t even know what love means, let alone feel it.” she retorted slicing the last thread of patience I had.


“And you do? Oh please Dara, for all I know, I’m your first boyfriend.” I said as she quickly looks away. Then it hit me. “Of course, who’s idiotic enough to even think about going out with such a cold and violent girl? That’s right only me.” She was silent.


“Is that why you’re in denial?” I calmly asked, slowly approaching her

.
“Of what?” she asked back, standing up avoiding me.


“Of my feelings for you,” I said in an attempt to close our distance.


“I am not in denial of whatever sh!t it is that your saying.” She said totally widening our gap.
“Why are you like that?”


“Like what?”


“You’re seriously hurting me, emotionally” I said, knowing fully well that I’m embarrassing myself but I don’t care. “It’s a lot more painful than the beatings that you gave me everyday”


“What the hell are you talking about, Drama Queen?” She asked with a confuse face.


“Let me make it clear for you that you are the one who told everybody that we are a couple,” I explained like a nagging wife. “Now I know that you just announced that out of boredom and I admit that I was glad that I wouldn’t have to go to the whole courtship process just to have you as a girlfriend which, by the way, was my original plan ‘coz I wanna get inside your pants.” I took a breather so she took the chance to speak.


“You !” she said throwing the innocent broom lying on the floor at my direction. I dodged.


“Shut up! I’m not done yet!” I told her holding her hands quickly to stop her from acting violent. She’s really ticked off by now with the way she grits her teeth. I’m scared.


“Listen,” I said as I firmly held her still by her shoulders, “You’re the only girl that made me feel this way. You’re driving me nuts, yes, but every time I’m with you, I’m also at my happiest.” I felt myself blushing. “It was weird at first but ever since I realize how I truly felt for you, I start embracing it and then I liked it. I love you.”


“How did you know I was just using you to get out of boredom?” she asked after a minute of staring battle.


I smiled a little chuckle then said, “Would you prefer that I think you fell in love with me at first sight?”


“You’re such a jerk!” she said shrugging my hold on her, turning her back on me at the same time.


“So…” I asked after a while, “How do you feel about me?”


“I don’t know” she plainly said. I think my brain just exploded.


“What do you mean you don’t know?! Is that really all you can say after my hearing my heartfelt confession? ‘I don’t know’, that’s real sweet Dara” Yup, my brain definitely exploded.


She looked at me with confuse eyes, “I don’t particularly hate you but I don’t think I’m in love with you just yet. That’s why, I don’t know okay. I can’t tell for now. This is all new to me. Stop pressuring me.” She said.


I thought about it for a while, absorbing all she had said.


“But you do like me right?” I can feel my heart drumming loudly. Please say ‘yes’ or I’ll bury myself next to your parents. I threatened silently as I look at her keenly.


……………………

Writer POV


Obviously confused, Dara uttered, “I guess.”


Jiyong could feel his heart sinking into oblivion. He then took a sharp intake of breath before turning her to face him. “You’re not sure? I’ll make it clear for you then.” He said before kissing her fully on the lips.


Dara remained still with wide eyes and closed fist as she try to process what’s happening.


Jiyong abruptly broke off the kiss when she wasn’t responding. He smiled when he saw her very much stunned blushing face. “Close your eyes,” he said. Dara unconsciously shut her eyes closed immediately earning an almost chuckle from him.


“Relax,” he whispered as he leaned closer for another kiss. When their lips touched, Jiyong could feel her tension. He helped her relax by running his hands along her back. ‘Success’, he thought as he felt Dara’s hands gently touching his arms and finally resting it on his neck.


He closed their remaining distance by grabbing her waist closer to which Dara gasped at. He took the opportunity and slipped his tongue inside . Dara drowned herself to the unfamiliar feeling of ecstasy caused by Jiyong’s kiss. Confuse as to how to respond, she let him guide her as he expertly tied their tongues into battle.


Jiyong, on the other hand, lost all control when he heard Dara letting out an almost whimpered moan. He found it too appealing he felt his pants tightening. As if she wasn’t close enough, he held extra closer into an embrace, his hands traveled inside her shirt when a strong gust of wind suddenly came in causing a flower vase from Dara’s father’s tomb to fall down and break to pieces.


Dara instantly jumped away from the still ‘hungry’ Jiyong after hearing the vase break. She was undeniably rouged.


They both stared down at the broken vase, no one dared to talk until, “I guess Dad doesn’t approve of you as well.” Dara uttered eyes still on the floor.
“I’m sure he’ll come around.” Jiyong replied scratching his head.


“So…do you like me now?” he said after a while. Dara looked at him like he was crazy.


“I told you not to pressure me.” She said.


“You didn’t seem pressured a while ago, did you?” Jiyong teased, half-meant.


Dara ignored him, embarrassed by the truth. She started sweeping away the broken vase.


“I’m gonna make you fall in love with me Sandara Park.” Jiyong declared.


Dara turned to him then said, “Make sure I’ll have fun seeing you try, Kwon Jiyong.”


Jiyong smirked, “and when that happens, I am so taking you away from your doting Dad and brother and then teach you all the kissing techniques I know.” He said firmly.


Dara chased him around with the broom totally forgetting about where they are.