chapter 29

21st girlfriend

CHAPTER XXIX

Jiyong POV


Never in my 18 years of existence had I imagine that I could experience this kind of happiness. I’m on cloud nine for Pete’s sakes. And it’s all because of one very special girl, the sunshine to my storm, the reason of my existence, the love of my life, Sandara Park.


*blag* says the ball that hit my face.


And then let’s not forget that there’s the evil witch Park Bom.


When Dara and I went out of the room to grab some food because we’re both hungry after her tearful but oh-so-sweet- confession well, I was hungry for something else but since we just started with the making-out stage and as much as I want to move on to the next level, I don’t want to push my luck and end up scaring her or worst making her angry, anyways, Bom was there in the kitchen with TOP –hyung and Youngbae.


“Food’s ready,” she cheerfully greeted. “Unless you wanted to eat something else.” She added. I glance at Dara and saw her shrug off Bom’s side comment while I can’t stop myself from blushing.


While TOP-hyung and Youngbae are busy teasing us, Bom kept her stoic face. Seriously, what’s eating her?


And as usual, she keeps on ‘dragging’ Dara away from me, just like today. I asked Dara to come with me so we can buy souvenirs for his brother, Bom freakishly sensed that I was just using Teddy-hyung as an excuse for a private get-away and so she ‘dragged’ Dara into playing volleyball. She even left me out of the game saying that TOP-hyung and Youngbae are already playing and since she like it to be boys vs. girls it’d be unfair if I join. Whatever!


“Sorry, I didn’t mean to,” Bom said with an unapologetic face. She totally did it on purpose.


“Are you alright?” Dara asked me. I didn’t answer. It’s my way of making her feel guilty for always taking the side of her witch of a bestfriend.


“Guys, I think Jiyong needs some ice, we’ll be back in a minute.” She said. OMG, a chance to escape evil Bom’s clutches. Hooray!


“Come on Jiyong, I didn’t hit you that hard.” Bom scoffed. And out came the truth.


Dara examined my face to check, “W-who am I?” I muttered dramatically, as I rubbed my forehead.


“What a Drama Queen?!” TOP-hyung blurted out. I glared at him without Dara noticing and he got the picture, “You should take care of Jiyong, Dara-ya, he’s obviously in so much pain.” He said before giving me a wink and urged Bom to leave us alone. To TOP-hyung be the glory.


I put my arms around Dara, as if asking her for support because I’m so weak and then gently push ourselves to get out of there.


She sat me on a chair as we reached the kitchen; I obliged covering my face with both of my hands as I whine. Dara attended to me the second she grabbed some ice.


“Aaw..” I griped affectedly. I hope she buys my acting.


“Does it really hurt that much?” she asked, annoyance is evident in her tone. OMO.


“Only a little.” I admitted, acting cute.


“Aigoo…” she grumbled shoving the ice pack to my face. I caught it together with her hands.


“What?” she asked as I stare deeply into her eyes. I kissed her hands as a reply. I expected her to slap me but instead I got a shy but sweet smile forming on her blushing face as she switched her eyes to the fruit bowl in front of us. She’s so cute.


“What’s your deal with Bommie?” she asked disrupting my train of thoughts.


“I think the question should be, what’s her deal with me? You saw it earlier right, she pursposely hit me with that ball."


“That’s not true!”


“And she always steals you away from me. I’m your boyfriend, you told me you love me, you should be spending time with me.” I said dumping the ice pack and accidentally dropping her hands altogether, no! Too late to take it back after I just dis her bestfriend.


“Remember when I told you that I got kidnapped before,” she said after a while.


“Yeah, some dumb kidnappers mistook you as an heiress.” I said assuring her that I remember everything that she had told me.


“Well, that heiress is Bommie.” She said. SAY WHAT?!


“Yeah, we grew up together, we’re always together. People say we sort of looked alike when we were kids, that’s why I got kidnapped instead of her.”


Right. “But aren’t your family rich too? How can you say that they mistook you? Maybe they were really after you?” I asked trying to sink it all in.


“Would you rather prefer that they kidnap me?”


“That’s not what I meant.”


She smiled before saying, “My Dad’s business was still starting that time, and he got help from Bommie’s parents.” Okay.


“I get it,” I said smiling. “But what does that got to do with her anger towards me?” I asked, thinking that the word ‘anger’ is a complete understatement.


“She’s not angry with you; she’s just trying to protect me.”


“Protect you?! And from me, no less?! She’s cracked up in the head, Dara.”


“Hey, “she exclaimed hitting my arm, “that’s my bestfriend you’re talking about.”


I can tell that she’s about to tell me something huge so I waited.


“You see,” she began. “When I got saved, Bommie was gone.”


Traitor. I silently thought.


“They said she got really, really guilty she doesn’t know how to face me and so the coward that she is, she flew to the States and hid herself from me.” I saw the pain in her eyes as he remembers the memory.


“And then I started getting prank calls. The maids would give me the phone saying a classmate is calling but then when I say ‘hello’ they would hang up. My instincts told me it was Bommie, but I got no way of finding that out and so when my Dad had to go to the States for a business-something, I forced him to bring me so I can visit Bom and I was right, she was the on giving me prank calls. Aigoo that brat! She started wailing when she saw me” she animatedly talked about her bestfriend.


I smiled as she recounts how she and Bom started their long-distance friendship. I’m glad that she’s talking to me about this. It’s like I got a little sneak peek at her past.


“She still feels guilty about me being kidnapped, and so she swore that she’d protect me and that she’d never let anyone harm me. It’s funny how she can easily say that when she’s perfectly aware that we’re miles apart.”


“What could I possibly do to harm you?” I said after a while.


“I’m not sure but she thinks your bad news.” Dara said shrugging. Ha! I said the same thing about her. “Not that I don’t already know that.” she added. I looked at her incredulously and again she gave me a sheepish smile, one that shook my entire being.


“All I’m saying is,” she began while clinging into my left arm, rubbing it slowly. As if her smiles aren’t enough to melt me, she just had to destroy my sanity with what she’s doing. “Be a little nicer to her, she’s a really good friend, she’s like a sister to me.” she pleaded while pouting. I died.


“K” is all I manage to say, good thing she stopped it with the rubbing.


Instead, she started staring at my face. Like she’s looking for something, maybe imperfection, haha, she wouldn’t be able to find anything then.


“Your forehead is starting to get red,” she said, pointing it out.


Shoot! That’s right! A ball just hit my face. Fck! It’s stinging.


She looked at me worriedly as I tap the ice pack back. I know I always say this but, she’s really so cute!!!


“If you kiss my forehead, it’ll heal faster.” I teased, not rally expecting anything but then she began cupping my face and then gently touched her lips into my forehead. I bet my entire head is now red up to my neck.


“Actually,” I’ll just try pushing my luck a little, “The ball hit my entire face, it hurts everywhere.” I said trailing my fingers into my entire face particularly my lips.


“Really.” She said. I nodded.


She eyed me suspiciously at first but then complied with what I wanted anyway when I released my ultimate weapon, the puppy-eyes.


She stood up and cupped my face again. I closed my eyes when she kissed me, softly, but her lips lingered in mine long enough to drive me insane.


And before I lose it, she let go saying, “You really are a .”


That’s when I realize that my hands are already trailing her bare stomach just below her bikini-covered while I trapped her between my legs. Was the kiss that long?! Anyways, “You know we need to move on from just kissing right.” I said still not letting go of her.


She crooked up a smile and said, “In time, Kwon Jiyong.” then she gave me a quick peck on the lips before she escaped leaving me frustrated.


“When is that time gonna come?!!”