chapter 36

21st girlfriend

CHAPTER XXXVI


Jiyong POV


Oh SHIZZ! This is not happening.


How could I be so stupid to not notice?! Suit in the middle of the day, suspicious looks between my parents, lavish hotel; this could only mean one thing. And it was all confirmed when the other family arrived.


“Mrs. Park, lovely to see you again.” My mom greeted this certain Mrs. Park with a kiss on a cheek while Dad shook the hands of who I believe is Mr. Park.


“This is my son Jiyong,” My mom introduced me. I would’ve protested right there and then but my mother glared at me and I got the message. Geez, women surrounding me are rather scary lately it’s giving me headache.


“Omo, such a fine young lad you have here, Mrs. Kwon.” Mrs. Park told my mom while shaking my hand.


I sat uncomfortably while they exchanged chat about business and blah…. I can’t even bring myself to listen for my mind is filled with thoughts of Dara. My girlfriend, whom I love, would surely know about this and when she does, I’m dead.


I swear I was gonna tell her but every time I get a chance, something more outrageous would come up and the whole ‘arranged marriage’ thing would completely be ignored and forgotten.


“Jiyong, Mrs. Park is asking you a question.” My mom said glaring at me again.


Sorry Mrs. Park, I’m too pre-occupied thinking about my girlfriend that I didn’t hear you. I wanted to say but mom was quick at giving me inconspicuous kicks under the table. It hurts.


“I’m sorry, Mrs. Park. I was thinking of something else. What is it again?”


“Oh, I was just asking about your preferences with girls?”


What do I say to that? How can I even begin describing Dara? A girl that can decapitate my head with her bare hands. Savage girls. Mrs. Park would think I got the most bizarre type ever.


At that moment the door opened and in came the most unexpected person.


Mr. and Mrs. Park. Their daughter, the evil Ms. Park Bom.


“YOU.” Bom and I exclaimed in unison.


We we’re glaring at each other with flames on our eyes. I’m pretty sure we’re thinking of the same thing. The unbelievable fact that the world is indeed small.


Of all Parks’, why must it be her?


I recovered first and started accusing her, “You,” I began, pointing at her with my index finger, “Is this why you broke up with TOP-hyung? So you can marry some rich guy that your parents will approve of. You’re despicable.”


“How dare you.” She retorted. “You do not know anything, so stop accusing me. And how about you…”


“Wait, you two know each other?” Her own mom interrupted her. “And who is this TOP?”


“Are you talking about Choi Seunghyun, your friend, Jiyong-ah.” My mom probed.


“Yes mom,” I quickly answered, thinking this is a good way to escape this whole nonsense and save my self. I’m sure my mom would side with me on this one. “She flirted with TOP-hyung the first time they met weeks ago and just recently broke up with. Aisht! You should’ve seen hyung mom, he was crying since the break-up. He’s a complete mess up until now. How can a person be so heartless and hurt such a pure boy.” I said the last sentence while looking at her, totally mocking her.


“Yah! W-what are…I d-didn’t…” she stuttered and lost her words. Omo, why is she acting all torn up about it? Actress.


“Mom, would you like me to end-up with such a cruel wife. “ I continued. Seeing my mom’s confuse face is a sign that she’s considering this whole thing. And mentioning TOP-hyung would seal this. “Think about how hyung would feel. And how about his parents who has been your friends ever since.”


“I don’t understand what’s happening here,” Mrs. Park interjected, “But I believe I mentioned to you before, Mrs. Kwon that my daughter is quite rebellious and impulsive that’s because she is still young. I’m fairly sure your Jiyong had gone through a phase like hers.”


I hate you. You are just like your sly daughter.


“Well you are right about that,” My mom replied with face all lit-up. SHIZZ! She’s becoming one with the enemy. “Jiyong is indeed going through that phase; I guess kids their age just don’t know what is right for them yet.”


WHAT!!!


I sent SOS messages to the witch through my glares. As much as I hate her, I know that we both didn’t want to end up together in an altar. We need to help each other. I did my part, though poorly but at least I tried; now it’s her turn.


“Mom, I can’t marry that stupid little piece, he’s Dara’s.” Bom whined.


Silence filled the room after Bom’s announcement.


“What do you mean, he’s Dara’s?” Mrs. Park asked, squinting her eyes in confusion.


“Dara owns him.”


“My son is nobody’s property.” My mom held. Sorry Ma’, but I’m a slave of love.


Bom and I rolled out our eyes sensing that nobody caught our drift.


“Kwon Jiyong is Sandara Park’s boyfriend.” She said emphasizing each syllable, not that I mind, its music to my ears.


“Omo, you mean…” Mrs. Park suddenly pointed at me like she just saw a criminal.


“I know. Can you believe it?” Bom disrupted her mother totally insulting me in front of my mother. “Dara was deceived by this, skinny boy.”


I’m speechless. How do I defend myself? I watch as my mother glared at me accusingly. Now these three women are against me.Turning my head to the other side, I saw the two heads of the family observing the drama unfold. I guess my dad wasn’t the only one in awe at how his wifecould create a scene. He found an ally at Mr. Park’s persona. I knew they’d hit it off. Maybe when this is over they can exchange notes on ‘how to oppress my wife’s dominating behavior’.


I glanced up my dad and he just shrugged. thanks for being supportive daddy.


“Aigoo…Dara found herself a good man, I see.” Mrs. Park suddenly voiced out. Huh!


I looked at Mrs. Park and saw her all happy. “Aigoo…” she repeated excitedly while clasping her hands. “How long have you and Dara been together Jiyong-shi?”


Now it’s my turn to be confused. What’s happening here? Did I hear her right? She sounded happy. Is that right?


“You don’t have to be shy about it,” she continued, “Dara is like a daughter to me too, and it is unbelievable for me to think she’ll entertain the idea of having a boyfriend this early. She always say that falling in love are for shallow people. I’m surprise and glad that she’s in a relationship not to mention its with a man I approve of."


Eh!


“MOM!!” Bom’s voice shuddered the entire room. “WE ARE SUPPOSE TO HATE HIM!! She’s stealing Dara away from us.”


“Oh don’t overreact Bom, I’ll find you another good man.” She dismissed Bom with a wave of her hand. And turn to my mother, “How about it Mrs. Kwon, instead of my daughter, I’ll give away my fostered daughter’s hand in marriage. I tell you, Dara is much more sensible.”


My mom was in awe at that statement that all she did was smile in reply at how her new friend confusing behavior.


And then I found my voice again, “Omoni!!!!” I said, rather elatedly while shaking Mrs. Park’s hands and bowing at the same time. “We accept.”


Oh my God! I never thought that marriage would make me feel this happy. Thoughts of Dara in her wedding dress flooded my mind making me hug my mother-in-law. I bet she’d be beautiful. Walking down the aisle like the goddess that she is, I would be waiting for her at the other side, on my knees, worshipping her for eternity.


“Hold your horses, Kwon.” Bom said tearing me away from my mother-in-law. “Mom, what are we? Stuffs that you can trade whenever you want. I’m happy that you’re sacking the idea of me and that thing, but Dara??? How do you think she would feel about this?”


“I’m sure she’d be delighted.” I interjected. I’m too happy to even mind her insults and glad that the lovely Mrs. Park is on synch with my thoughts, smiling with me from ear to ear. I can see Bom already stomping her feet at annoyance.


“Jiyong,” My mom suddenly called out, “Correct me if I’m wrong, but is this the same Dara that you brought home last time?”


“Oh, you’ve met her,” Mrs. Park was the one who voiced out the confirmation while I nodded in agreement, “Isn’t she beautiful? A little rough on the edges, I admit but she’s a really sweet and loving girl, just not the showy type, but I’m sure she’ll take good care of your Jiyong.”


All my mother did was smile. I can sense that she’s a little bit hesitant. It make sense though, their first meeting wasn’t the type where you’d conclude Dara as a perfect candidate to be a wife.


But I’m sure she’ll come around, afterall, I wouldn’t want to marry anyone else but Dara.


“Mom, I’m getting married.” I excitedly told her. I just need to voice it out or else I would explode of too much happiness.


“No you’re not.” I glimpsed at Bom and saw her smirking like she knows something that I don’t. “Where are you going for college Jiyong?”


Why is she suddenly interested about my future?


“Well, Dara’s going to Yale. With me. You do know where Yale is, right?”


“W-what…? Yale…? H-how…?”


“That’s right. Yale. We just got our acceptance letter last week. And I don’t regret informing you that we’re gonna be there for four years. Imagine, 4 years of college parties, I bet there’ll be a lot of guys there that would hand Dara drinks, and then she’ll get drunk and then…” she ended her words with a meaningful whistle.


“Stop teasing him, you bad girl. You very well…”


At this point, Mrs. Park’s voice was replaced by inaudible speeches. You know the feeling when you overdosed on medicine and all you hear are strange hums. That’s what I’m hearing right now. I’m still trying to grasp the idea of Dara going away. Dara with another guy is just too much for me. I can’t breathe.


“WHAT THE HELL!!!”


*darkness*

 

 

 

 

 

another update!!!!!hooray for me!!!!
give some love below to feed my mind...
do you want more??????
well.....we'll see...
on another note....i can feel this fic really nearing its end...
watcha think?

thanks to all of my subscribers....

iloveyousomuch!!!!

comment more and you'll surely get fast updates

:sleaze: