chapter 25

21st girlfriend

CHAPTER XXV


Jiyong POV


“Hello everyone. My name is Park Bom. I’m Dara’s best friend. I hope we can all get along.” The new girl with the flashy red head said cheerfully. I really want to slice her arms off Dara; she’s been clinging to her ever since we’ve met. And let’s not forget about how she kissed her right in front of me, she just sullied my girlfriend’s lips. Unforgivable.


“’Hope we can all get along’, seriously, what are you in kindergarten?” Dara told her. Hooray for my remorseless girlfriend.


But flashy red head just jostled Dara and continued on being loud. He looked at Youngbae and asked for his name.


“You can call me Youngbae.” He said showing off his eye smile as they shook hands.


“Hey Youngbae” she greeted loudly even though Youngbae is right beside him.


She stared at TOP-hyung, weirdly, for quite a while before greeting him. “What’s your name?” she asked him, suddenly shy. Does she…hmm.


“Choi S-seunghyun” TOP-hyung stuttered.


“Choi Seunghyun?!” Dara and I scoffed at him at the same time. Really, even our brains synchronized. I looked at Dara and gave her a little wink.


She rolled her eyes at me, “You can call him TOP” she told her.


“And I’m Kwon Jiyong,” I said offering a handshake to the girl who just kissed my girlfriend; she took it with a smile. I shook her hands firmly before saying, “Dara’s BOYFRIEND.” I said emphasizing the word ‘boyfriend’. Her smile faded. She looked from me to Dara and back again. Her hold on my hand tightened before she let go.


“You’re dating him?” She asked Dara in a whisper which everybody in the table can totally hear. Her tone was unbelievably irritating to hear, like Dara’s better off dating a beggar than me.


“Yes I am.” Dara whispered back. Heaven! It always make me ecstatic to hear her tell everybody that we’re together, but hearing her say it to this flashy red head’s face makes it a million times euphoric.


………………………


Writer’s POV


“Dara went back to the mausoleum to accompany Bom in paying her respects for her parents. Jiyong wants to tag along but Bom insisted on going alone with Dara for a little girl-bonding. Dara agreed which crumbles Jiyong’s world.


“What’s your deal with Bom?” Youngbae asked as they arrived at Dara’s house later that afternoon.


“Nothing” Jiyong answered with a shrug.


“Really, so you looking at her a while ago like you’re about to scope her eyes out was because of nothing” Youngbae paused not really expecting for a reply so he just continued, “Was it because she kissed Dara?”


Jiyong was caught off guard. Was I that obvious?


“Of course it is,” Jiyong admitted adamantly. “I mean, who does that? For all we know she’s some kind of lesbo and is trying to turn MY girlfriend into their kind.” he complained.
“You’re overreacting and being completely rude.” Youngbae said. “She said it herself, they’re best friends.”


“We’re best friends, how would you feel if I kiss you?” Jiyong retorted.


“I’ll punch you.”


“See. I don’t know about you but that Park Bom girl screams bad news to me.” Jiyong said.


Just then, TOP emerged from the kitchen, looking freakishly alive while declaring, “Park Bom is totally my type, so everyone else should just keep their hands off her, understood.”
Youngbae ignored him getting ready to doze off in the couch while Jiyong looked at him like he was a divine apparition.


“You would really do me a great favor if you keep her by yourself hyung. Make sure she doesn’t get too close to my girlfriend.” Jiyong begged.


TOP looked at him, confuse, “What are you talking about? Wait, I don’t care.” He said raising his palm to stop Jiyong from answering. “Speaking of Dara, what happened? Did you confess? How was it? Did you get dumped?”


Youngbae got up and started talking, “You were smiling when you met us. That means it went well right. You didn’t get dumped right?”


“Were you two counting on me getting dump?” Jiyong asked incredulously.


TOP and Youngbae looked at each other guiltily.


“Tsk. Well sorry to disappoint but we’re still together.” Jiyong bragged in a hum. The two boys clapped their hands exaggeratedly.


“I know, I know…” Jiyong hushed them. “I wouldn’t mind you calling me Kwon ‘real man’ Jiyong from now on.”


“Wow! You’ve really outdone yourself now but how did Dara reacted? I mean, does she love you too? TOP asked.


“Probably, they were both blushing when they met us outside the pub. You don’t know that because you were too busy drooling.” Youngbae said earning a smack on the head.
Jiyong was suddenly quiet.


“Well, what did Dara say?”


“She said she doesn’t hate me but she doesn’t think she loves me just yet.” Jiyong replied weakly.


“What the hell does that mean?” TOP asked incredulously.


“I don’t know but at least she likes me; that’s good enough right?”


“Dara said she likes me too, should I go after her then?” TOP stated irritably.


Jiyong looked at him with wide eyes then composedly said, “But you two haven’t kissed yet, have you? So that ‘like’ doesn’t count.”


“Wait, you and Dara already kissed?” Youngbae asked, intrigued.


Jiyong smiled fanatically, “Twice,” he bragged raising two of his fingers, “she even initiated the first one.” He confirmed covering his face acting like his shy. TOP and Youngbae stared at him in disgust.


“Why are you keeping such valuable information from us?” TOP asked after a while.


“I’m sorry gossip girls, I just think it’s rude to talk about those things, I mean, it’s kind of private.” Jiyong replied.


“And to think you had no problem talking about it before.” Youngbae said.


Long pause.


“So how was it?” TOP asked demanding for details. Jiyong has no choice but to answer knowing that if he won’t they’re just going to pry on Dara. She would be extremely embarrassed at first then would be on a killing spree after she recovers.


“It was the greatest kiss ever. God! I almost lost control and took her there.” He described truthfully.


“Where exactly did this kiss took place?” Youngbae asked.


“At the mausoleum, a while ago.”


“You sick BUZZTARD!” TOP exclaimed throwing him a pillow.


“What?!” Jiyong asked, confuse.


“You’ll have with her in front of her parents’ tomb? That’s just sick Ji.” TOP said. Youngbae stared at him disbelieving that his friend would do ‘it’ anywhere as long as he gets some.


“Please call it love-making.” Jiyong contradicted.


“It doesn’t matter what you call it, it doesn’t change the fact you’re in front of her dead parents. What would they say?” Youngbae explained like Dara’s parents are still alive.


“I told you, I almost lost control okay, I’m sorry.”


TOP and Youngbae sighed deeply. Not interested in details anymore.


“So what are your plans now? I mean, what’re you gonna do with Dara still not sure of her feelings for you.” Youngbae asked after a while.


Jiyong looked at them then smiled, “Nothing. I’m gonna do nothing.”


“You mean, you’re not gonna do anything to make her fall in love with you?” TOP asked.


“Ahh!! Your gonna make her chase you instead.” Youngbae concluded. “You know like if you suddenly stop chasing after her, she’s gonna start missing you and then eventually starts realizing her feelings for you. Stuffs like that.”


Jiyong nodded at everything Youngbae just said.


“Good luck with that. With Dara’s lethargic attitude, you’ll be a hundred miles away and she’s still gonna be in here, enjoying the summer.” TOP disagreed.


Jiyong hyperventilated after hearing TOP. That’s right. He didn’t consider Dara’s laziness and he has no Plan B. “Hyung…what do I do then?”


TOP smiled his famous I’m-up-to-no-good-smile then confidently assured Jiyong, “Leave it to me.”