chapter 22

21st girlfriend

CHAPTER XXII

Writer POV


It’s a beautiful day in Seoul and it’s the start of summer break. The sun illuminates inside the Parks home as Jiyong waits for Dara to finish packing.


“If anything happens call me immediately.” Jiyong hears one of Teddy’s long-list of reminders. “I wish I could come with you, can’t you really wait? I just need a few more days to settle everything before I leave the club with Kush.” He whines as he unpack Dara’s bag.


“Aigoo…oppa, this is why I can’t finish packing. Stop it already. I can take care of myself and besides Jiyong is coming with me.” Dara said stomping her feet in annoyance.


“That is exactly the reason why I want to go with you” Teddy raised his voice. “Why? Why does he get to go with you and most importantly why is this the first time I’m hearing about this?” He asked making sure Jiyong can hear him.


Dara rolled her eyes, “I don’t know! Go ahead and ask him, he’s right outside.” Dara said pushing her brother outside her room.


Teddy shuddered as Dara slammed the door in his face. He then went to where Jiyong is ‘quietly’ seating and suddenly slumped beside him while throwing his right arm around his shoulder.


“If you do anything, and I mean anything, to my sister,” He left his statement hanging as he draw an imaginary line touching his neck using his thumb. Jiyong nodded frantically getting the picture.


Teddy laid back, eyes still fixed at Jiyong, “The guys told me you haven’t confessed to Dara yet.” He asked nonchalantly.


Jiyong sighed deeply as he open up to the person who considered him an arch nemesis.


“Yeah, it’s true. I didn’t think confessing is this hard?” he silently cursed. “It’s just that whenever I open my mouth to try and say ‘I love you Dara’, my tongue betrays me by tying itself. I feel like self-destructing whenever my attempts fail.”


“So what? You just date my sister without confessing? If so, then you better break it off with her since your current situation is no different from your past flings.” Teddy asserted trying to play sympathetic.


Jiyong gasped at this as he strongly refuses, “No, hyung. It’s not like that at all, I really do love her,” he paused a little, “See, this is what I mean, I can freely tell everyone that I’m in love with her but when it really comes to Dara…” he finished with another deep sigh.


“So, you’re basically a wimp.” Teddy concluded.


“You’re not exactly helping hyung, so will you please just shut up.” Jiyong thoughtlessly said.


“What did you say?’ Teddy asked head locking Jiyong. They are in this position when Dara came out.


“What the hell are you two doing?” she asked. Teddy swiftly let go and beamed at her while Jiyong tries to regain his breathing. If Dara doesn’t kill him first, surely Teddy can finish the job.


“Did you pack everything? Toothbrush, extra towels…” Teddy reminded her again.


“Pepper spray, Swiss army knife, loaded gun…Yup! Everything’s in here.” Dara joked.


Teddy smiled as he moves towards her hugging her tightly. “I’m gonna miss you.” He said.


“Oh please, oppa, It’s just for a few days. I’ll be back before you know it.” she said hugging him back.


“I’ll call you every day, okay.” Teddy said not wanting to let go. “Make sure to answer.”


“As if I could stop you from calling.” Dara said pushing him back. She smiled as he gave her brother a peck on the cheek. “Take care of yourself too. Love you, bye.” She said turning to Jiyong signaling him to move.


“I love you too.” Teddy replied.


Jiyong followed her out but Teddy stopped him as Dara was out of their sight. “Jiyong, take care of her.” he briefly said.


Jiyong nodded his head for assurance. “Leave her to me, hyung.” He then went on to following Dara and insisted on carrying her bag. What little bag she had.



When Jiyong was out of sight as well, Teddy quickly grabbed his phone from his pocket to call someone.
A few rings before the person on the other line answered. “Oh Youngbae-ah…”


…………………………

Jiyong POV

Teddy-hyung just can’t trust me can he? I’m pretty sure he’s the reason why these two morons are in front of us right now.


“So, why are you two here? Shouldn’t you be on your way to Jeju?” I can’t help but ask.


“I should ask you the same question, Jiyong-ie.” TOP hyung retorted while Youngbae yawned candidly. “I understand Dara being here; after all, she asked our permission to go to Busan first before going to Jeju. But you didn’t inform us about coming with her.” He said.


“I’m her boyfriend. I’m supposed to be with her.” I just said. It’s true that I didn’t tell them that I’m accompanying Dara to Busan. It’s because if I did, I’m sure these two would tag along. Then that would mean no alone time for me and my Dara right? Can’t they take a hint? *grr*


“Then we’re here to intrude. We can’t have you all lovey-dovey without us.” TOP-hyung said dragging Dara away from me. I’m so punching him later.
…………………..

“You look like sh!t.” Dara informed Youngbae.


“I haven’t slept yet, leave me alone.” He said.


We are now seating inside the train, destination, Busan. Dara, beside me is obviously bored that’s why she’s tormenting the poor Youngbae who’s trying to catch some sleep.


TOP-hyung, on the other hand, is giving me eerie looks.


“What?” I asked him.


“I’m really sorry about this Ji,” he answered. “Teddy-hyung forced us to tag along with you.” I knew it.


“He’s really overdoing it with his protectiveness.” He continued. Tell me about it. “It’s not like you can do anything to Dara, right?” Dara turned his head to us upon hearing her name but found that bullying Youngbae is much more interesting. I decided to ignore TOP-hyung’s remarks.


I can’t do anything to Dara? It’s because you’re here you fcking maggots! For your information, we already kissed and she even initiated it. Ha!!


That’s what I want to say but instead, I settled on sulking.


I demand for an alone time with my girlfriend.