chapter 37

21st girlfriend
CHAPTER XXXVII


Dara POV


Stress. What have this moron been doing to undergo stress and ultimately faint? He was nothing but chirpy these past few days, too chirpy if you ask me.


I wonder if it has something to do with his encounter with Teddy-oppa the other day. Well, they have to talk eventually; he doesn’t expect me to go on and just hideeverything from my brother, does he? It’s not my fault that he didn’t prepare his mind and body.


I tapped my fingers against his bed as I watch him sleep and for some unknown reasons, my right hand lifted all on its own and had my earlier tapping fingers touched the tips of Jiyong’s long lashes. I traced it along his visible eyebags and did the same to the other eye. I continued tracing the contour of his face and found myself smiling. hehe, my boyfriend’s face is super perfect.


My smile contracted when I reached his lips. This sinful portion of his face that gets me drunk whenever it touches my own, tsk, it’s like its waiting for me. Should i…..


If I remember correctly from those boring books that my mother used to read me everynight when I was a kid, the prince, who enjoys horse back-riding while enduring long travels to achieve his only goal in life which is to marry a beautiful girl, would walk up to a weakly, sleeping princess and wake her up to her phony slumber with the kiss of true love.


Should I do that?? Will he wake up??


Nah…that would only make me the erted prince and Jiyong the oh-so willing princess.


I satisfied myself with poking his hands instead.


We really need to talk.

………………….


Writer’s POV


Dara decided to went out for a while to grab something to eat. On her way out, she met Jiyong’s mother on her way to Jiyong’s room after signing some hospital papers.


They bowed there heads a little at the same time as recognition to each others presence.


“Can I talk to you for a while, Dara-shi” Mrs. Kwon voiced out as they were facing each other. Dara nodded in response.


Dara has been with Jiyong ever since he got admitted but this is actually the first time she’d be alone with his mother after there dreadful first meeting. She had been busy signing out papers and talking to doctors while Dara stayed by Jiyong’s side.


The air in the cafeteria all of a sudden became thin as silence engulfed it. Dara’s hunger was suddenly satiated with nervousness and she contented herself with a cup of coffee.


She gnawed at her own lips as she looked at all the walls of the room just to avoid Mrs. Kwon’s penetrazing stare.


“Now that I look at you closely, you really are indeed pretty.” Mrs. Kwon began. Dara just smiled timidly not really knowing what to say.


“Pardon my behavior before, Dara. It’s just that…” Mrs. Kwon stopped talking as Dara vigorously shook both of her hands and head for she doesn’t want that unfateful event to be brought up again.


“N-no. I totally understand, Mrs. Kwon” Dara interjected. “Even I would be mad if I saw something like that. It was my fault; I didn’t have enough self-control that time. But we haven’t done it y-yet. W-what am I saying?”
Dara returned into gnawing her lips after her word vomit as warmth overcame her face. “Can we just not talk about that? It’s really embarrassing.” She continued pleading.


Mrs. Kwon chortled before answering, “If it makes you uncomfortable then we wont.”


Another silenceensued but the sound of them sipping their coffee.


“Now about you and Jiyong dating,” Mrs. Kwon voiced out. And for the first time, Dara met her eyes.


“Why is it such a big deal? We’re just dating.”


“There’s no such thing as just dating for Jiyong, Dara-shi. He seemed really serious about you.”


“I’m serious too. Why would I waste my time with him if I’m not? Everybody just…” she paused realizing her voice was already rising.


“I’m sorry,”she bid, “It’s *sigh*,My brother doesn’t like him for me as well and he’s giving him a hard time. I guess that’s why he fainted. I don’t know. I feel bad with him fainting and all. I feel like it was my fault.”


“It’s not your fault. My son really just likes doing things to the extremes. You don’t have to worry about it.”


Dara knows that already but her worried face still shows.


Mrs. Kwon smiled at her reaction before continuing, “I heard you’re going to Yale for college.”


Dara looked at her and then shrugged; knowing that Jiyong faints whenever he’s stressed is giving her different ideas that compromise her original plans. She can’t possibly leave him alone; he’ll probably die. “Where is Jiyong going?”


“Sungkyunkwan, his father wants him to study and train as well. He’ll be in charge of our office here in Seoul while finishing college. I hope he takes college seriously like you do, Dara. Knowing him, he only likes doing silly things.” Mrs. Kwon replied and Dara smiled a meaningful smile.


“You’re a good girl, Dara-shi. I’m glad my son met you.”


Dara felt gratified by the compliment and didn’t really expect it. “You’re nice too. I wished our first meeting wasn’t like that though, I’m really sorry.” She said.
“I understand.”


…………………….


Mrs. Kwon decided to go straight home after the talk she had with Dara, she needed a change of clothes and Dara suggested for her to take a little rest as well.


She was smiling on her way to Jiyong’s ward and had it stretched further when she saw him awake.


“Hey, you’re finally up sleepyhead.” She greeted him with a kiss.


Jiyong received it with less enthusiasm.


“What’s wrong? Are you hungry? Thirsty? Should I call the nurse?” Dara panicked seeing him all gloomy.


He just shook his head and held her wrist tightly making Dara winced.


“For a patient, you are quite strong.” She said resisting but Jiyong held firmly now looking or more like glaring at her.


“Yale, huh!” he said with gritted teeth.


Dara stared back, confuse on why he’s acting like this. “What’s wrong with Yale?” she retorted in the same tone.


Jiyong stared at her unbelievably, “When are you planning on telling me this?”


“Let me go so we can talk about it. Seriously, you’re hurting me Ji.”


“I will not let you go, Dara.” He’s shouting now.


Dara saw through his words. He meant to not let her go to Yale. But she still can’t understand why he’s mad about it.


“Why are you making such a big deal about it? It’s just for a few years Ji, stop acting childish.”


“Of course it’s a big deal, the fact that you hid it from me makes it a big deal.”


“Oh,” she said cynically, “So let me get this straight, it’s ok that you didn’t tell me about you’re ARRANGED MARRIAGE but you’re allowed to go psychotic on me just because I didn’t tell you about going to college.”
His grip on her hands loosened but he still didn’t let her go and Dara didn’t even bother taking it away. They’re anger now is on the same level.


“That’s a different thing, I wasn’t planning on marrying anybody else.” He said tone still strong.


“Oh yeah, I’m pretty sure that if it wasn’t Bom, you’ll go ahead with the whole process and get married right there and then.”


“You know that’s not true.”


“I’m not sure anymore. I was gonna let it go because at least you didn’t get engage. But now that you’re fussing about 4 years away from you, I think I’m gonna fuss about the possibility of you getting married to some random girl while you’re still dating me. I think that’s technically called two-timing Jiyong.” She said. “And while we’re at it, why don’t we add the fact that that random girl could be my own bestfriend.”


“But I didn’t, ok, so let it go now.”


“You didn’t because it was Bom. You barely escaped married life Jiyong. But what if it was another girl and your mom really liked her. You think you can escape that? And if you don’t, do you plan on keeping it a secret from your current girlfriend.”


“I had it under control even if it wasn’t Bom. I’m sure I’d still say no to any girl except you.” He said looking at her eyes with conviction.


Dara redirected her gaze to the dripping IV unsure on how to retort to that. Too bad her boyfriend is too smart with words that could make her shut up.


He let go of her wrist and held her hands close to his face, “Don’t go to Yale, baby.” He said before kissing her hands.


Dara felt her heart pricked as she sighed. Staring at him like this, she remembered TOP and how he was so broken without Bom. But it’s not like they’re breaking up, she needs this for her own growth.


“Jiyong, it’s just for a couple of years.”


“You really wanted to go?” he’s words sounded more like an observation of a criminal behavior than a question.


Dara nodded hesitantly.


“Why does it have to be in a far away place? There are a lot of universities here in Korea. Choose one, and I’ll buy it for you. And then I’ll stock it with foreign students and then employ professors from Yale. You can experience Yale in all four years without leaving me.”


Dara chuckled at his childishness, “Don’t be ridiculous.”


“You think this is funny? I’m serious here.”


“I’m sure you are but it is still a ridiculous idea. Why don’t you come with me to Yale then? Tell your dad you could train at your US office.” Dara suggested.


“How did you know that?”


“Your mom told me all about your plans Jiyong. And just like you I had plans too. It was fixed even before I met you.”


“So you’re really gonna leave me.”


“Not, if you come with me.”


“I can’t Dara, Dad already planned for me to take care of Seoul office. He said it’s my benchmark before taking over anything.”


“You see, you can’t even defy what’s already been planned for you and yet you selfishly wanted me to compromise my plans.”


“It’s your own plan Dara, your own choice. Do you really choose to be away from me when you can actually just stay here?”


Dara is ticked off right now. Their conversation is going on circles. “You have your own choice too, Jiyong. Why wouldn’t you choose to be with me then?” she said unintentionally raising her voice.


“Aurgh! You know I can’t. Dad wouldn’t let me.”


“How do you know? You haven’t asked him yet.”


“He’s my father; I know he won’t let me.”


“Then we have a problem, Jiyong.”


“I think we do, Dara.”




There was a complete silence before Jiyong blew off, “You know what, just go. I’m sure you’re excited to get away from me so you can enjoy your quality time with Bom and then the two of you can just cheat on me and TOP-hyung.”


Dara was appalled upon what she heard, “What does that even mean?”


“Isn’t that the reason why you wouldn’t stay? So you can meet other guys and party with them.”


“What?! Where is this coming from?”


“Just go. I need some rest.” Jiyong firmly said as he began to lie down again.


Dara can’t believe what she just heard. And he actually shooed her away.


“Fine,” she held, “Rest forever then, you jerk!”


And then she walked away.











woohoo...finally i updated!!
were u surprised???
comments on how i should end this are greatly appreciated...
though i'm cooking up something already..
but we'll see..
comment please!!!!