chapter 39

21st girlfriend

 

CHAPTER XXXIX

Jiyong POV

 

She led me upstairs in the second floor living room connected to an open veranda. While taking the stairs I saw pictures of Park Bom and her parents so I’m guessing this is their house. In the veranda, a table already set for dinner was waiting for us.

 

Up here the mountains are much more visible and beautiful. The silent sound of countryside felt so serene.

 

“Hungry?” She asked offering me a seat. Shouldn’t that be my line and my job? Her smile radiates the whole place, rejecting her would just make someone feel bad. But really, this weirdness creeps me out.

 

Nevertheless, I took the seat.

 

“This is where Bom grew up before they move to Busan and that’s where I met her. We used to come here and visit during breaks. Isn’t this place nice?” she tattled while she served me food. I just sat there and gawked at her, confusion written all on my face.

 

What is this all about?

 

“Did you know that this house was patterned after Bom’s Dad’s favorite painting?” she continued to babble. Seriously, as confuse as I am, this is the first time I heard her talk about random stuffs. Don’t blame me if I let myself enjoy it a little.

 

“Recollection.” she said. “That’s the title of the painting. Uncle said something about it (the painting), keeping things as they are no matter how long it is left alone.”

 

And then it hit me. So, this was it. It’s unbelievable how she planned this through. My heart paced while listening to her not really knowing what to say. So I let her do all the talking while I try my best to breathe.

 

“If one values something or someone with all his heart, this person would be able to stay happy even if he lets go of everything…”

 

I can’t take it anymore.

 

“So are you accusing me of not valuing you because I’m not letting you go to that stupid school?” ! I lost it. I rubbed my temples as a sudden headache came up. I feel so frustrated right now.

 

I decided to just walk away because I’m afraid I’ll just say the wrong things and just ends up hurting her more. As I stood up, her hands quickly grabbed mine.

 

“Please be reasonable.” She said leaning her forehead to my arms.

 

“I’m trying,” I honestly am. “But it gets really hard whenever I think of how much I ing love you.”

 

! I’m getting really emotional. I’m worst than pregnant women.

 

She forced me to face her but I didn’t even budge. I don’t really want to look at her now. I might succumb to her cuteness and just let her do whatever she wants and that includes leaving me behind.

 

“So that’s it!” she suddenly said with irritation. “We’re just going to go our separate ways without clearing the situation.”

 

You can say that her sweet-girl act earlier ended poorly, she’s back to being mean and dominating. But I won’t back down.

 

It was always me that gives up everything for her. Not because I’m scared but…yeah, that and also because I love her so much that’s why I’m giving her everything. I don’t think I even have pride left in me anymore. She took it all together with my heart that beats for her, my lungs that respires for her, esophagus that...I’ll stop there.

 

But this, I don’t think I can give this to her.

 

“Are we broken up now?” She continued with a stoic face and that caught my attention. I knew these words were coming but it still hurt hearing her saying it in my face.

 

“That’s it?!” I retorted. “Ji, let’s break up, it was fun being with you but I need to go on with my life now. America is calling me, so I’ll just leave you here alone.” I said trying to imitate how she would’ve said it. “Is that what you want? Did you consider this a clean slate, Dara?”

 

I saw the red that flashed her eyes. I never saw her as angry as this but I’m angry too.

 

“First of all, I do not talk like that.” She said pointing at me accusingly. “Secondly, I never wanted us to break-up but clearly that’s the way we’re going since you are being unreasonably childish. And lastly, how can this be considered a clean slate when you don’t even listen to me.”

 

“That’s becauseI don’t want to listen to you talk about your idioms on recollection. Like seriously, just because you are going away you suddenly had the urge to talk about precious memories and valuable stuffs. Total crap. You could’ve just gotten to the point and save yourself from sweet-talking. So not you. You totally just crept the out of me earlier.” I said without pause.

 

“Aurgh, you are so annoying.” She said as she stomped her feet walking away. I almost laugh as this is the first time I saw her whine but stopped myself because I am, after-all, still angry.

 

I opt to sit on the love couch as I cool down myself. Fighting the impulse of looking back to make sure she’s alright. We clearly needed space.

 

I grabbed a cushion and buried my head in it shouting my frustration. I’m sure she heard it though muffled because I heard her shout aloud a series of profanities herself. Foul-mouthed girl.

 

 

What’s happening to me? To us? This is not how I picture our relationship. I thought we would forever be happy. I know we’re still young, but I actually already envisioned her as my wife. My first and true love, Sandara Park.

 

This is all Yale’s fault. How dare he tempt my girlfriend with promises of great future? And of all weaknesses Dara could have it has to be education. She thinks she’s some rightful girl struggling for flawless resume. What does she need it for? Is she planning to take over the world using her Father’s company? Well, she can actually if she wants. That’s how powerful she is. Sigh. It’s hard to have such an independent girl.

 

And what about me? Why am I being an and preventing her from her dreams? That’s because I can’t live without her. Yes. I am selfish like that.

 

This meaningless fight that we are having, I don’t even know why it lasted this long. Hell, I can’t believe we are having it. This is so stupid and so Koreanovela-ish. I guess I’ll just have to give in and trust her fully. I mean I trust her; it’s the men that are going to surround her that I worry about. Not to mention that witch Bom. I can’t shrug off the feeling that she’s going to push Dara into seeing other men. She hates me so much that biual person.Hmpft.

 

Dara, I love you so much.

 

Just then I heard a popping sound behind me. I look back and saw Dara gulping red wine straight from the bottle. Is she serious? Drinking her problems away, I see.

 

I was gonna stop her but when I walk my way to her another empty bottle fell off the carpeted floor. Holy—she already finished a bottle.

 

 

 

 

 

…………………

 

 

Yeah… well…

LAST chapter is up!

BTW, Dara’s talk about the painting…

.., total bull…I made it all up

There’s no such painting.

If there was…I didn’t know.