chapter 38

21st girlfriend

CHAPTER XXXVIII

 

Writer POV

 

 

“Are Dara and Jiyong still not talking?” Mrs. Park asked one afternoon while having tea with her daughter and her daughter’s boyfriend.

 

TOP shook his head as he sighed.

 

“That just means that Jiyong doesn’t love Dara that much. I knew it. If Dara just listened to me, she would’ve saved herself with all this heartaches.” Bom answered.

 

“You have to understand ‘hon, Jiyong’s aware of his responsibilities, their company is his great grandfather’s legacy, and he’s future after highschool has been planned out for him. His parents didn’t let him play all his life without a price, he knew this was coming.” TOP defended his friend.

 

“And what about you, Seunghyun-shi? I hope your plans of going to NYU wouldn’t revolve around Bom. I don’t want to hear that you’ve gone sight-seeing instead of studying.” Mrs. Park intervene which made him smile shyly.

 

“Of course we’ll study hard. You think Dara would let us off if we just play. As long as you keep your promise, no more bodyguards, TOP can protect me himself.” Bom said proudly.

 

Mrs. Park rolled her eyes in agreement. “I just hope Dara and Jiyong would get to straighten things up before you kids graduate.”

 

 

……………………………

 

 

Dara fidgeted with her uniform as he waited for him outside his office.

 

She got a call from Jiyong’s father this morning just before she went off to school telling her to meet him for something important.

 

She thought she’d die on the spot after the call. Haven’t Mr. Kwon heard that she’son not-speaking terms with he’s son right now?

 

She stood up and bowed as he saw him coming out of the conference room. He pointed for her to follow him into his office. She heard him told his secretary to make some coffee and to not let them get disturbed.

 

“Have a seat Dara,” he requested as he took off his suit and took a seat himself. “Jiyong told me you love coffee that’s why I asked for coffee, unless you wanted something else.”

 

Dara shook her head before saying, “Coffee’s fine.”

 

He smiled for a while that made Dara more nervous.

 

“Jiyong said that you two are not talking.” Mr. Kwon began.

 

Dara’s eyes widened as it stared at Mr. Kwon. “D-did Jiyong asked you to talk to me?”

 

Mr. Kwon chuckled, “Of course not, but he did asked his mother. Too bad my wife has to go to Boston for a meeting.”

 

Dara’s jaw dropped at the revelation. Has he had no pride? How could he ask help from his parents?

 

“He’s desperate Dara. He misses you but he doesn’t know what to tell you. He can’t understand why the two of you are not talking?”

 

“It’s entirely his fault.” Dara suddenly blurted out. “I’m sorry to say this but your son’s reasoning is just intolerable. How did he become so selfish? And I think he forgot to tell you that he’s the one who chased me out of the hospital.”

 

“He did mention that but he thought that you should’ve been more considerate since he was the patient. He was shocked when you stopped visiting him.”

 

Mr. Kwon paused talking when he saw Dara’s astonished face, “He’s selfish, just as you said.” He stopped there.

 

“You’ve gotta be kidding me.” She said leaning back her chair. Why was she still surprise when she knew how complicated Jiyong’s brains worked. She looked at Jiyong’s dad’s face before continuing, “I got the feeling that this is more than you helping your son talk to me.”

 

Mr. Kwon smiled then cleared his throat before speaking.

 

“He asked me if he can go study abroad with you,” he waited for Dara to answer but she just listened, expecting for good news, “I’m sorry but I can’t let him do that.”

 

Dara tried hard to keep her face cool with a smile, “He already told me that. I guess I was still hoping you would.” She said. “May I ask why? I mean, wouldn’t it be better if he studied abroad.”

 

“I agree but if I let him go he wouldn’t be able to stand on his own. Not when you are around him.”

 

“I’m confused.”

 

“All I’m saying is that Jiyong can’t function properly if he’s distracted with a girl.”

 

formed an “O” as Mr. Kwons words sank in her. He totally had a point. Jiyong had been playing a lot even before they’ve met and now that they’re dating, he still hasn’t change. Not that he’s bad at school, it’s just that she knows he could do better.

 

“I guess it can’t be helped then,” she uttered unknowingly which made Mr. Kwon smile.

 

“What are your plans now, Dara?”

 

“I seriously don’t know”

 

“You know that I like you for my son, right?” he suddenly said.

 

Dara looked at him not even bothering to hide her resentment and asked, “Is that supposed to make me feel better after I leave him?”

 

Mr. Kwon laughed heartily in amusement. “My good-for-nothing son doesn’t deserve a smart girl like you. How you end up liking him really puzzles me. Judging from your character, I knew you wouldn’t even dare take Jiyong seriously.” He said after laughing.

 

Dara shrugged and then blushed after hearing the truth that she pushed back through her mind. She doesn’t understand it as well but she knew how much Jiyong meant for her now. She herself couldn’t believe how he took over her life without her noticing it.

 

Young love? She didn’t think so. This is far more serious than that.

 

“Let me give you some advice Dara.” Mr. Kwon voiced out.

 

“Jiyong becomes stupid when it comes to you. It’s like he shuts down all his rationality when he thinks about you.” He added.

 

“I’m not sure where this is going though I like your detailed insults on your own son.” Dara said when he paused.

 

“If you really consider on keeping your relationship with him, you’ll just have to control him.”

 

“What does that mean?”

 

“It’s up to you to decide.”

 

He said as she ushered her out of his office with a smile. “It’s nice to meet you Ms. Park.” He said before closing the door leaving Dara dumbfounded outside.

 

 

……………………………………….

 

 

She found herself wandering around the city. She doesn’t even want to call her bestfriend for advice because she knew she’d just insist on them breaking up.

 

It should be easy controlling a simple-minded person. But as she thinks hard about it, it makes her head hurt. Sure she’s confident in taming Jiyong but she’s not sure how. Especially now that they’re fighting for no reasons, she doesn’t have any idea how to make up with him without lowering her pride.

 

There’s only one thing that is clear to her, she doesn’t want a break-up. Long-distance relationship would haveto do.

 

 

…………………………..

 

 

A few days after.

 

“Why are we going to Ilsan?” Jiyong asked TOP who was smiling creepily on the driver’s seat.

 

“I told you, we’re going to bond.” TOP said as he started the engine.

 

“Why Ilsan? And where is Youngbae? And might I remind you that it’s a school night?”

 

TOP rolled his eyes and roared, “Stop asking questions!!! You’ll spoil the moment. You’re gonna thank me for this so shut up.”

 

Jiyong’s eyes widened after TOP’s sudden eruption and decided to just behave.

 

As they went on the road, Jiyong thought about his fight with Dara once again. He really wanted to talk to her about it but he’s scared that she would prefer not to. She’s going away anyway so what’s the point of making up.

 

He’s hurting everyday because Dara wouldn’t even bother to look at him. He thinks that she just want to get over everything that happened between them and move on to a new life abroad with her bestfriend and a new man.

 

He felt a painful stab in his left chest as he imagines his life ahead without Dara. And not just pain but absolute fury as well to the man that would replace him.

 

Not if I can help it. But how? He sighed again.

 

 

……………......

 

 

Jiyong POV

 

 

“Anneong” TOP-hyung said as he sped away leaving me standing in complete shock.

 

 

Behind me is a mansion with the view of the mountains in its background. I would’ve appreciated it if only I knew the reason why TOP suddenly drove away after saying earlier that we’re here to bond. I thought he meant me and him. Don’t tell me I’m meant to bond with someone not of the human kind, I swear with TOP-hyung, I wouldn’t be surprised if he knew some aliens or any form of creatures for that matter.

 

 

There’s no way I’m going near that house. I’d rather go home and sulk and then think about ways to make Dara stay. I was gonna walk away when I realize my wallet was missing. Have I left it inside the car? And then another realization, TOP-hyung confiscated my phone earlier when he caught me staring at it with the intention of calling Dara.

 

 

Now I’m left with nothing, should I walk back to Seoul? Hell to the no. I don’t even know this place that well. I think I’m at an exclusive neighborhood but where is the exit?

 

 

Just then the gate of the house opened with a loud screeching noise that scared away the innocent birds idling at the nearby trees. It was only slightly open but it revealed the lovely face of the love of my life wearing a simple flowing dress that was cut a little bit above the knee. To say I was amaze is an understatement. Dara isn’t really the type of girl that likes wearing dresses and makes themselves look girly or cute. She’s fine just the way she is with her preference of jeans that would allow her to run freely, just in case. Seeing her now in a dress makes me think that I might’ve done something great in my past life to receive this kind of opportunity that knocked me off my feet.

 

 

She walked towards me with thatappearance of her usual smirk that tells me she’s up to no good.

 

 

“Hey Ji.” She said as she cling her arms into mine after kissing me on the cheek. Too much skinship.

 

 

I should be happy. I mean at least she’s talking to me now. But I think my girlfriend is possessed.

 

Who is this sweet girl that stole my girlfriend’s body?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

ヾ(^∇^)

 

Oh gosh!!!

it's almost a month since i last updated

i hope my 160 subscribers still remembers me (hell-to-the-yeah i got 160)

i know i promised (kinda) to update more but this

stinking school works won't let me (forgive me, professors)

plus (drum rolls)

i'm kinda working with a new story  (^_^;)

i'm not abandoning 21stgf though

so i'm only gonna be posting some forewords first..LOL

do check it out... if you want..

anyways,

this was a short update but i'm polishing the next chap so wait for it

COMMENTS ARE APPRECIATED.

thanks to those guys that have been commenting..

seriously, i've been reading them and loving them

you guys crack me up with your wants and speculations...

see you soon.

labyoo