chapter 34

21st girlfriend

CHAPTER XXXIV


Dara POV


“You’re getting what?” I can’t help but raised my voice. Good thing we’re already out of the restaurant or the manager is really going to call the police especially now that I’m seeing more possibility of having my vocal chords exercised.


“You can see now why I rebel much more than before. They’re totally controlling my life Dara-ya.” She explained.


“Hold-up!” my voice rose again, you see. “You…when…how did this happen?” I really don’t know what to say now.


“I’m meeting him tomorrow and if I don’t come my mom will have another fake heart attack. So I just want to clear up my head today so I can beat the crap out of whomever he is that I’m meeting tomorrow. So just, be with me today, my lovely bestfriend and help me get through this.” She pleaded.


She’s always like this, clearing her head whenever something big is coming up but would always resort to violence to solve everything. Tsk. Just like me. We really are of the same feathers.


“I haven’t greeted your parents yet.” I just said.


“They missed you too. Now, let’s go. All I see are streets. Where are the malls?”


………………………..


Writer POV


“She’s not answering.” Jiyong told TOP-hyung as he anticipated for Dara to answer the other line just to hit disappointment whenever he’s told that she doesn’t answer.


“They’re hanging out today. So maybe, they’re talking about you now.” Jiyong’s words of comfort sounded more like words of pity. He can’t help but imagine that those two doesn’t even think of TOP.


“You think so,” he asked with his most pitiful face and all I can do is nod.


…………………………


Even though Bom and Dara separated with smiles on their faces and Designer outfits on their hands, Dara can’t help but feel bad for her bestfriend’s dilemma. She just hopes that everything will be alright tomorrow.


“Baby!” Jiyong called out the moment he saw Dara entering the building.


“Hey, what are you doing here?” she asked after their lips brushed.


“I miss you; you’re not answering my calls. I’ve been calling the whole afternoon.”


“Sorry. I forgot to bring my phone.”


“Tsk. If I haven’t known better, I’d say you were cheating on me.” Jiyong declared with scrutinizing eyes.


“I was with Bom, you psycho.”


“Bom is the psycho.” He replied in a whisper.


“What did you say?”


“Nothing. Go now and rest. I’ll see you tomorrow.”


He was gonna kiss her goodbye but she abruptly stopped him saying, “Let’s get inside for tea,” while already dragging him inside.


“NO.” he shrieked shocking the crap out of her.


“Your brother might be home already.”


Dara slyly smiled and said, “I think it’s time you face him, he already knows about us anyways and he’s not doing anything about it…so far.”


“Because he’s just waiting for me to show up so that he could behead me.” Jiyong explained.


“You’re exaggerating. Yes, he might hurt you but he’s not going to kill you.”


“And you think that’s a good thing?!” he shrieked again gaining howls from nearby dogs.


“Goodnight baby, I love you.” He said before running away.


“Yah, Kwon Ji—“ Jiyong heard Dara hang his name on mid-air but was too pre-occupied with what’s in front of him that he accidentally bumped into.


“Hyung!”


………………………


Dara’s POV


This is life. Just as I thought, seeing Jiyong struggle to death is really a cherry on top of a creamy apple pie.


He’s sweating like a kid that is experiencing detention for the first time while I smile at him cheekily while serving the tea.


I don’t know, but it is more fun seeing him getting bullied by Oppa now that he is officially my boyfriend. Call me crazy but at least I’m having the time of my life.


“Kwon Jiyong,” teddy-oppa began. Let the heads get rolling. “Why am I looking at your face?”


Jiyong gulped as he turns his head to me asking for answers. I gave him an ‘innocent’ shrug and urge him to answer my brother quickly.


“T-teddy-hyung,” he stuttered as Oppa stared him down, totally scaring him. Haha!


“M-me and D-dara,”


“Straighten your tongue before I cut it.” Oppa interrupted.


“-- are officially dating now. I love her and I’ll take care of her. I’ll never let anything bad happen to her. I’ll treat her like a princess and make sure she’s going to be the happiest girl in the world.” Jiyong explained.


Aw. Isn’t he the sweetest? I think that made me blush.


“Are you hearing yourself?” Teddy-oppa asked in return. Geez, here we go. “I already got all of those things covered, no need for your help. What makes you think you’re so special?”


I look at Jiyong and the sight of him fidgeting in his seat made me realize that he pretty much said everything that a boyfriend could do to melt his girlfriend’s heart. I mean, how could anyone beat that pledge of love? And if there is really something greater than what’s already been said, I don’t think my heart can take any of it anymore. I would probably die.


“Well,” Jiyong started again. I can sense confidence in his tone. “You can’t give her her ual needs, can you hyung?”











“YAAAAAHH!!” Oppa shouted at the top of his lungs before chasing Jiyong around the place. I wonder if our unit is sound proofed. We don’t want to be waking up the neighbors.


……………………………


JIYONG POV


I feel worst than how athletes feel after a game. My heart is beating at 0.01 millisecond, I think. I really thought I was gonna die tonight. Teddy-hyung would lunge at me like a Jaguar finally catching up at his prey (me). Good thing I’m agile enough to run away before he can bore his fangs at me.


We almost turn the place upside down if only Dara didn’t give her big brother a ‘power hug’ that stopped him from killing me. I fell in love with her all over again. She really is my Angel.


I left their unit unscratched, mind you, but Dara told me to wait for her because she has something to give me.


And here she comes, taming the raging Teddy Park took up a lesser time than I expected. Dara’s the man.


She approached me while cracking her knuckles. Oh my God! *BOG*





Did my girlfriend just punch me? For a minute there, I thought that was some boxer’s fist. God, she could throw a punch like a pro. What has been Teddy-hyung feeding her?



“What was that for?” I asked after the stars gradually disappeared in my head.



“What was that for?” she repeated what I asked her in a screaming tone. “You can’t give her her ual needs, that’s what the punch is for, you retard. How could you say that to my brother?”



Oh. That. I honestly don’t know why I blurted those words. I guess panic just took over me. But I should tell you, that answer, is the only logical
explanation one could think of when trapped in a corner with the shadow of his girlfriend’s big brother casting over his pitiful state.



“Now he thinks were wild bunnies humping each other every chance we get. You just totally blew off your chance of gaining his trust, you moron.”



She was still nagging while I just stare at the pavement. Nothing I can do now. I can’t take back what I just said. It’s Teddy-hyung’s fault anyway for having a dirty mind. As if I can score at Dara, unless I get her totally drunk, which I doubt would happen. She drinks beer like its water.



“I’m sorry.” I said, still looking down, when she stopped for a breather.



“Aurgh!!” she grunted, totally displeased. “What would I do with you?”



I continued on pouting. It suddenly felt like I disappointed her. Did I? I tried to look up so I can meet her face only to see it dishearten and that just made me sorrier than earlier. I want to cry.



I don’t know how long we were standing there quietly when I felt her warm hands cupping my face.



“Maybe, just don’t show up in front of him in a couple more days. Just until his steam comes off.” She said, calmer now.



It sounds fine to me. It’s not like I want to go near Teddy-hyung anyway. Not with what happen earlier.



“Am I forgiven?” I asked just to make sure.



She cut the gap between our faces as she tiptoed as a reply. I really want to kiss her but it’s not every day that she initiates a kiss and everytime she does, it always tastes sweeter. I need to be patient and wait eagerly.



*anticipate**anticipate*



“DARA!”



Teddy-hyung yelled from their unit’s window, making Dara stopped at only half an inch before our lips would finally touch. We look up to watch him signal her to come up. God, he’s annoying.



“Goodnight, Kwon. I’ll give you a rated kiss next time.” She told me softly before a wink and before she waned away from my sight.




*anticipate**anticipate*