Chapter 9: The Dinner

It's My Turn to Cry
Please log in to read the full chapter

JENNY:

I'm almost one hour standing and gazing at the mirror but still, I haven't decided what to wear yet.

"Aish! What should I do!!" I cursed under my breath.

Oh! I forgot! Yura give me a present last time!

"Aish! How forgetful!" I cursed as I scratch my head.

Why is it I easily forget things these past few days?

I headed to my closet and pick the dress that Yura had given me.

Haven't you noticed? Most of my clothes were given by her.

My bestfriend is also a fashion designer here and that's the very first reason why we get close.

She usually pick me as one of her models but I do always refuse since I don't have sense in fashion.

Yeah, I'm a fashion designer but for men's. I don't have taste when it comes to women's. Yura-ssi is expert on that.

I put on the dress and the wedge that I brought last time.

"Hmmm..not bad!" I mumbled as I gaze at the mirror checking my figure.

"Jenny-ah~ are you ready?" mom knocks.

"Hmmm...come in mom!" I shot back.

She open the door and let herself in.

"Ommo! Is that you Jenny-ah~?" she asked as she gape at me.

"Yah! Omma! Stop that!" I whined.

"Aish! Why is it you always whine like a kid whenever I noticed your new style? You must be great since your mom always praise that unique beauty of yours." she acts madly.

"Omma. Do I look good in this?" I asked.

"Of course you do! You're the most beautiful girl on earth just like me!" she said with full of confidence.

"Omma..your too full of yourself." I chuckle which cause her to stop and poke my forehead.

"Yah! What's funny!?" she nagged.

"Nothing Omma. Thanks for everything." I said then smiled at her.

She cupped my cheek and put a soft kiss on my forehead.

"I'm sorry if omma put you into this Jenny-ah~ If only I became a boy then the plan were already settled long time ago." she seriously uttered as she graced her fingers on my cheek.

"Omma. Don't blame yourself. If you were a boy then probably I'm not here doing this important deal of our grandfathers. I'm honored to be the one who could make it. I don't think I'll regret it in the end omma. I know I will be happy so don't worry, arrasseo?" I explained and smiled genuinely, but deep inside the opposite was the one whom I really want to say.

She smiled then pull me into a hug.

"I know it won't be easy to handle this omma. But I promise, I will do my best to fix it though they would hate me for doing this. Mianhae Omma..Jjeongmal Mianhae~" my inner voice said.

----------

"Waahh~ I think I'm ready." I mumbled as I spun around and stare at the mirror.

Finally, I'm done preparing for the dinner meeting. Since the families were all here I must look good.

"Jenny-ah~ The Oh family we're already here my dear! Are you ready?" grandma shouted outside my door.

"Yes grandma!" I answered and headed to the door to meet her.

"Look at my princess! You're really beautiful!" she said then cupped my cheek and I smile in response.

"Are you ready to face him?" she asked.

Please log in to read the full chapter