Chapter 22: Confession Of A Forbidden Love

It's My Turn to Cry
Please log in to read the full chapter

JENNY:

 

Bright rays of the sun peek on the window and hit my eyes as I slowly flip my las­hes to absorb its blinding light. It’s six in the morning and we’re still on our bed hugging each other.

 

I spun around to face this man right beside me still on his peaceful state. I watch him as he sleeps and I find it really amazing. He looks really handsome. No wonder why girls out there have gone crazy on him. I’m so lucky to have this super star!

 

He slowly opens his eyes and meets mine. I smile and greeted him.

 

“Good morning yeobo~” I cooed and took a peck on his lips.

 

He smile then pull me close and bury his face on the crook of my neck as he whispers.

 

“Good morning jagi, I love you~” then bite it playfully.

 

“Kyah! That hurts!” I whine and hit him playfully on his chest. He chuckle and snatch a kiss on my lips.

 

“Get up now. You’ll be late.” I said then move to lift myself up but he grab me on my waist and hug me tightly.

 

“Give me five minutes. Let’s stay like this for a while.” He snorts and close his eyes, again to sleep.

 

“Yah! Yeobo..it’s late already. I have to cook for your breakfast. By the way, what time did you arrive?” I asked but his snore was the only answer I got from him.

 

I let it slide since I know he’s tired. I finally manage to free myself from his tight hug and headed down stairs to prepare for his breakfast.

 

It’s a fine Friday morning and I’m free because my cousin asks me to take a break since the meeting was cancelled due to his urgent flight back to Philippines.

 

I have more time to hangout today but unfortunately, I’ll be alone since my husband was quite busy for his work today.

 

We ate breakfast and he prepares for his office.

 

“You can go shopping since you have more free time today.” He said as he put on his suit and I help him fix it.

 

“It’s quite boring since you’re not with me. Maybe I’ll meet my friends at the shop.” I replied and took a peck on his cheek before he find his way out of the house.

 

“Don’t skip your meal. I’ll be home early so prepare for our dinner okay?” he said and took a peck on my lips and drove off.

 

My phone rang, indicating a call from someone.

 

“Luhannie?” I mutter as I swipe the screen and hear him out.

 

“Yeoboseyo?”

 

“Jenny-ah~ How are you? Are you free today? Can you clear all your appointments and be with me? Can you come over at the café?” he shot me myriads of questions.

 

“Woah! Wait a second! Just one at a time oppa.” I chortle.

 

“Oh! I’m sorry. I was just excited to see you.” He replied then chuckles.

 

“Is that so? Well then, I’m free the whole day. Just tell me the place and time and I’ll go get there in a minute.” I bluntly stated.

 

“Really? Okay then, meet me at ten, same place. Wear comfy clothes for this will be a tiring day! Bye Jenny-ah~ I’ll hang up now!”

 

“Bye.”

 

I hurriedly run inside the house and prepare for the meet up. This surely an awkward thing to do, but he’s my friend, no harm isn’t it?

 

LUHAN:

 

His smile never fails to escape as he run up and down the stairs preparing himself for his date. He’s a bit nervous upon revealing his true feelings but he’ll surely regret it if he fails this time.

 

He grab his jacket and his keys then headed down his apartment and drove off.

 

The day is great. Sun is shining brightly in the clear blue sky with no hints of rain. This is gotta be a perfect day for his plans.

 

He parked his car in front of this café and in no time, the girl who intended to make his day approaches with her loving smile.

 

“Hi oppa!” she waved at him and he smile in response.

 

“Hop in! Let’s start the day!” he exclaimed and gesture her to get inside. She followed and he help her lock the safety belt.

 

“Where are we going oppa?” she ask. Luhan, who’s clearly embarrassed about this ambush date finally states his main reason.

 

“Actually I have no plans yet. I want to took you on a date but I didn’t get to know your wants and dislikes, so I planned to ask you first. Where do you want to go?” he blunted then rubs his nape as he darts her sheepish look.

 

“Seriously? O-Okay then..” she replied and tap her chin cutely as she think for a better place to hang out with.

 

“I want to go to some places that I never get to see before. Hmm…Ah Yes! The Namsan Tower!” she exclaimed.

 

“W-What!?” he blurted out, surprised.

 

Luhan felt his blood run down through his feet the moment she cite the place. Seriously, he’s afraid of heights and that place was a bit high from the city. The worst thing is that the best way to get there is through cable car, there’s no way he could stand to ride on those.

 

He fiddle his fingers to at least ease his uneasiness and compose himself to look cool though he’s seriously trembling inside.

 

“What’s wrong oppa?” she ask worriedly.

 

“A-Ah! N-Nothing! Are you sure about that?” he asked, hoping she’s not that sure of it.

 

“Yes! Namsan Tower is nice. I’ve seen it on TV and I want to see it personally.” She said with glint of eagerness sparkle on her eyes.

 

Luhan face-palm himself. He’s surely trap from his own plans since this girl beside him already shown excitement for their trip.

 

“Oppa..is that okay with you? Comon’ oppa! Let’s go!” she eagerly shook his shoulder and chuckles.

 

Well, there’s no way he could escape since he’ll surely ruin the plan if he do spoil her mood.

 

So, even his mind says no, he forced a smile and bob his head in agreement. Jenny self-celebrated and giddily claps her hand in excitement.

 

JENNY:

 

Well, definitely this is the very first time I get to visit the Seoul’s landmark, the Namsan Tower.

 

We arrive after long hour of driving. I happily strode towards the elevator and run through the stairs to the top.

 

“Oppa! Palli!” I pull him by the arm as we took the stairs.

 

I was a bit confused by this man who was seriously walking with head facing down low. What’s wrong with him?

 

“Oppa..gwaenchanhayo?” I asked. He tilts his head and smile, which I know a forced one.

 

What’s wrong with him? He looks worn out and I feel worried about it.

 

We arrived at the floor which the cable car is situated. Luckily there ain’t people around so this would be a worry free ride.

 

I strode towards the car cable ready for the ride. I craned my neck to face this man who’s still glued on his spot facing the door gloomily.

 

“Oppa. Aren’t you going to hop in? What’s wrong with you?” I asked, a bit worried this time.

 

“Is there any other way we can reach that place? I mean can we go there by foot?” he sheepishly asked.

 

“Are you for real? It would take us a day before we could reach it. Wait..are you afraid of heights?” I raise a brow. He slowly bobs his head twice as response.

 

I muffle a laugh but abruptly die it away since he would get mad if he took notice of it. I sighed. So, this is really it!

 

“Do you trust me?” I said and let out a worry-free smile.

 

He tilts his head and raise a brow. I stick out my right arm gesturing him to follow my lead. He slowly take steps towards me then grab it.

 

“Don’t worry. I’m here. You don’t have to be afraid.” I said assuring and he nodded and let out his smile.

 

We both settled ourselves in. The cable car moved indicating to start this fun journey.

 

He strode towards my back and wraps his arms on my shoulders. I turn and face him, his head facing our feet below.

 

“Don’t worry. We’ll be safe.” I whisper and pats his shoulder.

 

The ride was awesome. Seeing those tall buildings down ther

Please log in to read the full chapter