Chapter 5: We Meet Again

It's My Turn to Cry
Please log in to read the full chapter

JENNY:

That day marks my calendar with such an unforgettable event.

I’ve never been rejected by anyone like this before.

Not once, but twice and maybe it will be all times.

I never imagined that he could treat me like nobody when he’s supposed to be my one and only true friend.

“Jenny-ah~ wake up darling! We need to prepare for your grandma’s visit!” mom shook my arms waking me up in my deepest sleep.

“Mom, give me five minutes.” I whined then tugged my blanket tightly to cover myself.

“Not a chance princess. It’s nine in the morning. Will you please do the shopping for me? I’ll be cleaning the house.” Mom asked.

“Mom, it’s freezing outside. I don’t want to go out.” I frowned.

She sit beside my bed and patted my cheek.

“Honey, I have more stuffs to do also. If you won’t then I’ll be going and you will be the one to clean the house.” She stated the stood up.

“Mom!” I quickly get up and grab her arms. 
She turned and smiled at me.

“Yes dear?” she asked still wearing those warm smiles.

“I’ll be the one to do the shopping just please don’t let me clean the whole house.” I said then smiled sheepishly.

Mom messed my hair and chuckled.

Yey! My mom really loves me.

Obviously, I’m not fond of cleaning the house.

Seriously, I’m a clean freak but I don’t clean the whole place other than my own room.

Mom always does the general cleaning.

I hop out of my bed and took a shower then get dressed.

I wore a white character tee and a checkered coat with black jeans and white sneakers.

I glance at the mirror and blow dry my hair then tied it up into a messy bun letting some strands of my bangs cover my forehead.

The weather is freezing outside so I took a fury black coat and a beige scarf to warm me up. I grab my backpack and run downstairs.

“Mom! I’m ready!” I shouted.

She’s in the kitchen cooking our breakfast.

I run through her then took a peck on her cheek then grab the grocery list and money on the table.

"Wait! Have some milk and cookie first. You haven’t eaten breakfast yet.” She handed me a glass of milk and a box of her home made cookie.

“Thanks mom!” I drank the milk and put the empty on the sink then run outside.

“Take care~” mom shouted.

“I will mom.” I shout back and waved off.

 The cold weather seems freezing my veins.

I rub my palms together to produce some heat and place it on my both cheeks.

“Grrrr.. I never thought that winter would be this colder her.” I mumbled as I cupped my cheek.

I’m on the bus stop waiting for the bus that could take me to the mall.

There’s a mini stop there in our place but I want to roam around alone today so I decided to hang out on the mall at Myeong-Dong.

The bus arrived, I hop in and seated on the back near the window.

I put on my ear phones and listen to some of my favorite music. 

The place seemed so white because of heavy snow.

In Philippines, the weather were also colder in December but not at some point that it freezes everywhere.

It’s my first time to experience white Christmas that’s why I’m so excited for it.

The bus stopped.

I hop out and run inside the mall.

I roam around and look for some stuff that I need other than groceries.

“Oh! I forgot. The family meeting will be on Christmas Eve. I must wear a dress to make it formal.” I mumbled as I remember that Sehun’s family will be on our house at Christmas Eve.

I roam around and enter a boutique.

It’s my friend Yura’s boutique. I hope she’s here so she could help me find a good dress for me since I don’t have a taste when it comes to fashion.

I headed to the counter and ask the lady.

“Hi! Is Yura unnie here?” I asked.

“Jenny-ah!!!” Yura screamed as she approaches.

“Yura-ssi!!” I joined her then we both hug.

“What are you doing here?” she asked.

“Mom let me do the errands. I drop by to look for some fine dress that I could wore on Christmas eve. My aunt Suzy and my grandma will visit us.” I stated.

“Oh~ then I guess your puppy love will be there also. Am I right sweetie?” she asked teasingly.

“Ugh! It’s not for him. It’s for me. Common’ stop teasing me.” I frowned.

She smirks and tousles my hair.

Aish! This best friend of mine always caught me off guard.

She lends me some of her best dresses. I try some and she’s the one who judge if it suits me or not.

I tried a lot and for her it suits me well but I’m not comfortable with it.

Please log in to read the full chapter