Chapter 37: The Grand Ball

It's My Turn to Cry
Please log in to read the full chapter

SOO JUNG:

 

“Soo Jung, I brought some—Oh! Where are you going?” Sehun asked as he places the plastic bags on the nearby table.

 

“I just got invited on the party for the newly opened Clothing and Cosmetics Company.” She replied and resumes dealing with painting her lips with bloody red lipstick.

 

“Oh~ Do you want me to come with you?” he asked which she abruptly spun around and raised “No!”

 

Sehun dart her a look and she abruptly compose herself not to look so panicky.

 

“No..I-I mean, there’s no need for that. Ahh…Oh Yeah! I forgot, there’s no person present to attend Kylie’s needs so you better watch for her when I’m gone. Could you please?” she asked and Sehun, though puzzled of her sudden change of attitude nods in response.

 

“I’m going now. Bye!” she said and kissed Kylie’s forehead before hurriedly head out of the room.

 

“What’s gotten into her? She’s acting weird..” Sehun mumbled and proceed meeting Kylie.

 

“As much as I want you to be my Sehun, I can’t. I’ll clean this mess up and won’t let this bullsh*t worries I have in mind happen.”

 

She mumbled as she held the invitation on her hand which was given by the girl she encountered a day ago.

 

FLASHBACK…

 

“What the hell are you talking about?! Let me see him!” she raised her voice which causes the attendant to jolt in surprise.

 

“Excuse me Nami, what’s going on here?”

 

A female voice sounded behind her made her calm down and when she spun and meets her gaze, she froze.

 

“Y-You…” she trailed off.

 

“What do you want Miss?” the woman asked and she just shook her head in response as she mumbled.

 

“This can’t be happening. How could you..”

 

“J-Jenny?” she mutters.

 

“Excuse me Miss? What are you talking about?” the woman asked and twitches her brow in confusion.

 

She abruptly compose herself and try to act cool in front of her.

 

‘Relax Soo Jung. You better act normal or else she’ll think you’re weak now.’ She cheered by thought.

 

“Uhmm..n-nothing! I-I mean…you’re Jenny, right?”

 

‘God! Why am I stuttering?!’ she cursed inwardly.

 

“Ma’am. The CEO wants to see you.” The attendant interrupts causing the both of them glanced her way.

 

“Okay. I’ll get going.” She answered and averts her gaze at her. “By the way, you’re one of the models right?” she asked and she raise a brow in response.

 

“Nami, did you disperse all the invitations? Give her one. We better invite all the models and top celebrities for the grand ball.” She ordered and the attendant give one to the woman which she then give to her..

 

“See you at the party..Miss?”

 

“Krystal Jung.” She answered back and expects that she might recognize her but she innocently smiled in response.

 

‘No! This isn’t happening! How could she didn’t recognize me?’

 

“I’ll get going. Bye!” she bade and spun on her heels to start her way but halted when she called.

 

“W-Wait! A-Are you J-Jenny?” she manage to ask.

 

She turn and face her comfortably but the confusion never leaves her face.

 

It’s her! She can’t be wrong. It’s really her. The only difference is that, she’s more beautiful and more presentable than before.

 

Her hair was set into clean curls. She wore dress that really reveals her perfect curves and above that, she looks beautiful with a light makeup.

 

Not to underestimate herself but she do admits, she’s more beautiful

Please log in to read the full chapter