Chapter 1: Meeting You

It's My Turn to Cry
Please log in to read the full chapter

JENNY:

Busy streets, high towers and buildings, busy people but a wealthy and beautiful environment. That's how I describe Korea.

Wahh~ I really miss this place, and I really love to be here once again!

Well, what can I say? It's nice to be back in my beloved home!

Its a fine afternoon in the beginning of winter here. I'm on my way home now from work and I'm a bit tired but I think I'm good to go.

I was busy walking on the street when a car suddenly stopped right on my way.

The driver roll down the window shield and greeted me.

“Jenny-ah~ I’m going to Hongdae today, wanna come with me?” my best friend Yura asked as she wave at me right in the driver's seat.

She’s my best friend for almost a month since I got back here in Korea.

“Uhmm.. I’m sorry Yura-si but my mom and I will have a dinner with aunt Suzy this evening..and with my childhood friend.” I excused, toned down as I mention the last words.

She hop out of her car and walks closely at me.

“Yah! You look uneasy. What’s with him?” she asked patting my shoulder.

“Uhmm..he’s special to me before. But I’m okay. I guess I’m ready to face him.” I stated and let out a sigh.

“Oh! Then good luck sissy! Go now, prepare yourself for the dinner. I bet he’s more handsome now!” she cheered and giggled.

“Aish! He’s just a normal guy!” I pouted.

“Well then show him your best. Get dressed Jenny-ah! I’ll go now. See you some other time. Bye~” she took a quick peck on my cheek and hop in on her car then drove off.

I wave back and run through the bus stop that could take me home.

As I reach home, I hurriedly took a shower and slip on my favorite tee that my best friend Yura had given me as a birthday present.

I paired it with color beige pants and snickers. Simple but comfy. I usually wore simple clothes rather than a sossy one, but I’m not too picky though, as long as it’s comfortable then that would be fine.

I glance at the mirror and fix myself, put some powder and lip gloss. I got startled as I noticed that its already 7 in the evening. I’m a bit late. I hurriedly run downstairs and run through the bus stop.

“Mom! I’m..so..sorry..I’m late!” I manage between my pant.

“Oh! Hi honey! It’s okay, you’re just in time.” My mom embraced me and patted my cheek. She’s the best mom ever. She doesn’t scold me that much.

“Thanks mom. By the way, where’s aunt Suzy?” I asked scanning the hall.

“Oh! She’s outside waiting for Sehun. She’s excited to see you!” she giggled. I smiled cheekily.

“Oh! Is that my precious Jenny? My little princess?” a woman of about 50’s asked surprised as she walks fast towards us.

“Yes! She is. Jenny-ah~ this is your aunt Suzy.” Mom introduced. Aunt Suzy cupped my cheek and pull me into a hug.

“Ohhh…look how pretty my little Jenny is! How are you my dear?” she asked as we both parted.

“I’m good aunt Suzy. I miss Korea.” I stated.

“Oh~ you better walk around in Seoul, there’s a huge changes since you and your mom left. You’re just a baby when you and your mom leave Korea so I guess everything is new to you. By the way, my son will be here in a minute. Do you remember Sehun? Ohh..you’re so cute together when you were kids! I bet he’s excited to see you, now that you were finally a gorgeous lady!” aunt Suzy giggled.

I smile awkwardly as they both tease me.

We settled ourselves on the table at the edge of the hall and chatted for a while.

A couple of minutes passed, a man of about six feet tall and with dark brown hair entered the hall and headed towards us.

I gazed at him as he walks closer.

I admit he’s stunningly handsome.

My eyes were glued at his gorgeous face till he walks pass through me and stood beside aunt Suzy then lean and took a peck on its cheek.

“Hi mom! I’m sorry I’m late. My friends and I hangout after work. I didn’t notice the time.” He apologized.

Please log in to read the full chapter