Chapter 29: Moving On

It's My Turn to Cry
Please log in to read the full chapter

JENNY:

 

I’m home!

 

Well, it’s not like I’m happy to be here. I actually hesitate to go back but I need my stuffs. I’ve decided to leave this place and live on our old house, away from this place, away from my true home, away from him.

 

Mom and Dad abandoned the house the moment I get married, Mom move with Dad to the Philippines, leaving me behind, thinking that I would be fine without them.

 

I slid the key to the door’s knob and open it. Stinging smell of alcohol engulf the room with mess scattered everywhere.

 

He’s been drinking a lot lately, crashing all the things he could grasp making the whole house look like a dumping site.

 

I sighed as I crouch and pick the broken glass and feathers from the floor.

 

Maybe I should clean up first before leaving this house ‘till I think, forever.

 

I headed to our room after and start to pack my things.

 

My phone rang and it’s Luhan.

 

 “Yeoboseyo?” I answered.

 

“Where are you?” he asked, a bit panicky.

 

“I’m…at Sehun’s place. I’ll just get my things here.” I stated. I live his place without waiting so I guess he freaked out the moment he realized I’m off.

 

“Jenny..what are you-“

 

“I’m here to get my things. I want to live away from him. You know, there’s no point of living with him. Nothing will change. I’m just hurting myself in the end.” I stated, truthfully.

 

He sighed and paused for a moment before he finally voiced out.

 

“I’ll come over. Wait for me there.” He said then cut the line.

 

I slid the phone back to my pocket and I gasped in surprise as I glance at the clock.

 

“Oh shoot!!” I exclaimed and run through the closet to get all my clothes. It’s getting late and of course Sehun would be here any minute.

 

I hurriedly zip my luggage and run downstairs. Not that long, Luhan knocked and help me put it on my car.

 

---

 

“Is everything packed up? Should we go now?” he asked while closing the compartment of his car.

 

Well, I brought all my things and that means I have a lot to carry. Luhan insisted to let him bring the other and would drop me wherever I planned to crash down later.

 

“Yeah! Let’s go!” I said then we both hop into our separate cars.

 

I lead the way and he trailed behind me. I drove the way to our old house and Luhan know where it is also, but not aware that I would choose to live here anyway.

 

I hop out of the car and open the gate. We both get inside and he help me pull out my baggage on both cars.

 

“Thanks for helping me oppa.” I sounded.

 

We were both sitting on my living room having a cup of coffee and chat for a while.

 

“Are you sure you okay here? I mean it’s still dusty. You need to clean this place first before you stay here.” He said wandering his eyes around the house.

 

He’s right. The house is in a huge mess and it would take a day for me to clean this up.

 

“Why don’t you crash to my place first and tomorrow I’ll help you clean this up?” he suggested.

 

I sheepishly smile. It’s a bit awkward to sleep into someone’s place and of course into boy’s. I am a married woman after all.

 

“Comon’ it would be safe rather than sleeping with bugs here.” He added.

 

“O-Okay..I’m just shy. You know..you help me a lot. I don’t want to bother you more.” I said and smile slyly.

 

“It’s nothing. We’re friends. It’s just normal. So..should we go now?” he said then we both made our way out of the house to his place.

 

---

 

“Here you go.” I said as I place the plates on the table.

 

I presented to cook dinner for him as a thank you and luckily he agreed.

 

“Wow! You cook a lot and it looks delicious.” He happily said as he take a look at the food right in front of him.

 

I took the seat across him and place the other food in order.

 

“Wait ‘till you taste it. I hope it won’t taste bad. I’m not a great cook you know?” I smiled sheepishly.

 

He chuckle and I handed him a pair of chopsticks and he starts to dig in.

 

“Hmm..it’s delicious.” He commented, wandering for some to taste again.

 

“Really?” I asked.

 

“Yeah! I’m lucky to have you in my house. You really a good wife.” He stated and that aims a sly smile from me.

 

An eerie silence followed which he then realizes what he just said.

 

“I didn’t mean it that way..I was just-“

 

“It’s okay oppa.” I assured.

 

He nodded and resume eating as I starts to dig in on mine to.

 

The night deepened and as usual I spend the rest of the night at his room while he on the other hand have the couch at the living room.

 

It’s a bit awkward for me to stay at someone’s place realizing that that someone was the reason why this thing happens to me.

 

I sighed heavily as I stare at the white ceiling. The night was so quiet and I feel cold, really cold sleeping alone.

 

I miss home, I miss my husband, I miss everything about him..

 

---

 

Morning came and it’s just like a normal morning for me. I woke up early, clean up the house and made him some breakfast. The only difference is that him, who I was talking about, is not my husband, but a friend.

 

I clean up the table and place the food I made and a cup of coffee.

 

I waited till he finally woke up and so I greeted.

 

“Good morning.” I greeted.

 

“Good morning!” he happily replied as he approaches.

 

“Eat up. You’ll be late for work.” I said and gesture him to sit.

 

“Oh yeah! But I’m off from now. Mom is on her way here and besides I presented to be the help you need for today. Remember? Cleaning your place?” He reminded.

 

“Oh! Yeah. Well, your mom..I mean..is it okay that I’m here?” I asked a bit worried that this might turn bad. You know, I’m not used to meet other people’s family especially when I’m not that close to them.

 

“Comon’ It’s not the first time. You met her already at the party and this time is just the same. Actually, she’s excited to see you.” He wiggled his brows and that hit me more.

 

Oh! No! Not again.

 

The doorbell rang and that snapped me.

 

“I guess she’s here!” He excitedly ran through the door and opened it.

 

“Hey son! I missed you!” A Woman’s voice heard out on the living room.

 

“Same here mom.” Luhan said. “She’s on the kitchen” he added and that aims me goose bumps.

 

“Oh dear! You’re here!” Mrs. Lu exclaimed and braced me to her tight hug.

 

“Pleased to see you again Mrs. Lu” I said then respond to her hug, darting Luhan a look behind her.

 

He just shrug and chuckle at my reaction. He really find it cute when her mother acted this way.

 

“It’

Please log in to read the full chapter