Chapter 2: I Hate You!

It's My Turn to Cry
Please log in to read the full chapter

JENNY:

It’s been a week since the awful incident happened in meeting the Oh family.

I lock myself in my room for almost a week not letting anyone to talk about it even my mom.

I’m still a bit hurt every time I recall how he rejected me in front of many people.

Winter is here, the cold wind wraps the atmosphere outside.

Here I am, lying in my bed with my head buried under my pillow.

It’s 7:30 in the morning but I’m so lazy to get up.

“Honey, your aunt Suzy is here. She wants to talk to you… Honey, open up now, please?” my mom pleaded, standing outside my room.

I sneaked my head out of the pillow and escape a heavy sigh. I’m still not ready for this.

“Tell her I’ll be out in a minute mom. I’ll prepare first.” I shout back.

I heard my mom sighed heavily as she let go of the door knob then walk off.

I kicked my blanket and get up.

I slipped on my comfy shoes and robe then headed to the bathroom to do my daily routine-shower, toothbrush and you know what I mean.

“Oh~ my dear little Jenny. How are you?” aunt Suzy greeted and embraced me.

“I’m so sorry for what happened a week ago? Sehun was just shocked that time. He didn’t mean to hurt you.” Aunt Suzy apologized as we parted.

I force a smile and nodded.

Aunt Suzy patted my cheek and pull me into a hug once again.

I feel uneasy meeting Sehun’s family again.

It is not as easy as I thought. I want to disappear in this kind of situation.

“Jenny-ah~ I’m afraid to tell you this but you have to make it.” Aunt Suzy said with a sorry expression in her face.

I knew it. They would force me into this. What should I expect?

“I have talked with Sehun last night and he seems to agree with it. I hope you’ll deal with it too my dear.” Aunt Suzy added giving a light squeeze on my hand.

“I’ll think of it aunt Suzy.” I replied and force a smile.

Hearing that he seemed to agree with the plan, I feel bit relieved. But some questions were still bothering me.

What if he’s been forced by his mom? What if he’s expecting some reward after it? What if he’ll disappear after the marriage or worst, won’t show up on the day of the ceremony?

“Ugh! This can’t be!” I slapped my forehead and buried my face on my pillow.

As usual, I locked myself in my own room again.

I glance at my table clock, 11:45 PM. It’s late already but I can’t sleep due to my deep thoughts.

I’m still thinking whether to deal with it or not.

I rolled myself on my bed back and forth to ease my boredom.

Suddenly my phone beeps.

“Ugh! What bastard would bother to call me in the middle of the night?” I whined then stretch my arms to reach for my phone.

The caller ID is unknown. I get puzzled, who could this be? I clear my throat then gently swipe the screen to take the call.

“Yeoboseyo?” I asked.

A long silence wrapped between the line. I feel annoyed.

What a jerk! Playing around in the middle of the night! Ugh!

I was about to end the call when the caller starts to voice out.

“U-Uhmm..N-Nae..I-It’s..S-Sehun” he stuttered.

I was shocked? Did he say Sehun? My God! How did he get my number?

“Yah!” he snapped me out of my thoughts.

“O-Oh!..H-Hi!” I awkwardly greeted him.

“W-Why did you call?” I asked, with shaky voice. I feel a bit nervous.

“U-Uhmm..It’s about the…m-marriage..” he paused.

I was confused, why would he get interested on the wedding?

“D-Did mom talk to you?” he added.

“Y-Yes! She’s been here and asked me to do it….with..you..B-But I didn’t say yes. I-I mean..I-I’ll think about it. Don’t worry.” I explained.

I heard him sighed heavily then another long silence follows.

“About that I want to talk to you tomorrow. Meet me at the coffee shop. I’ll text you the place. Be there at 4 PM. I’ll hang up now. Bye!” he said with authority and cut the line.

I was shocked. Does he ask me out on a date?

No. It can’t be. I’m just fooling myself.

He just wants to talk about the marriage, that’s all! I hope it would turn out well.

It’s 3:00 PM. I prepare myself for the meeting, with him.

I glance at the mirror. I’ve been deciding for about an hour now for what should I wear.

“Aish! That’s why I hate meet ups. Aigoo~ what should I wear?” I frowned, walking back and forth on my room cursing myself.

Finally I have decided.

I wore dark brown coat with white polo shirt inside and black leggings with my favorite black furry boots and a beanie.

It’s snowing outside so I must wear warm clothes.

I hurriedly run downstairs and bid goodbye to my mom who’s busy in cleaning up the house.

I took the bus and headed to the coffee shop that Sehun texted me.

I’m still a stranger here in Korea. Though I stayed here for a month, I can’t still familiarize the place.

Work-home, that’s my daily routine, I didn’t hang out with friends more often.

“Finally!” I murmured as I stare at the sign of the coffee shop.

I get in and look for him inside.

“There he is!” I mumbled in relief seeing him on the corner of the shop near the window.

I walk fast through him and greeted.

“Hi! I’m so sorry. I’m not familiar with the place so I find it hard to reach h

Please log in to read the full chapter