Chapter 28: Fight For Her Heart

It's My Turn to Cry
Please log in to read the full chapter

JENNY:

 

Cold drops of this raging rain drench me as I sit still on this bench settled at the sidewalk around the park.

 

Raining in summer days? Great! What a good timing.

 

Along with its heavy downpour were my tears that are still flowing out of my eyes, preventing it to see the surroundings that are now in deep slumber in the middle of the night.

 

It’s a bit risky for me to stay up late outside with this weather but I don’t care. All I want is to be alone.

 

I reach for the hem of my shirt and held it tightly, trying to ease this stinging pain that’s slowly kills me from within.

 

A loud beep from afar snaps me and I tilt my head to see and cover my eyes from its blinding headlight. A man hops out of it and run heading towards my spot.

 

“Oh my god! Jenny-ah! Is that you? What are you doing here?” he asked as he approaches and strode towards me, wrapping his arms around me for a hug.

 

“God! What happened?!” he asked worriedly as he brush some strands of my hair that’s covering my face.

 

I was like a statue, stood frozen on my spot. I cried realizing that there is still someone that cares for me and I’m really happy about it.

 

“Shh..stop crying..I’m here. Don’t cry..I’ve been calling you for about an hour now but you’re not answering your phone so I decided to track you down, and here, I found you..” he said while cupping my cheeks, wiping those tears away and the rain that adds up to it.

 

Well, both of us are wet since the rain hasn’t stop from falling yet.

“L-Luhan~” I trail off and close the gap between us as I bury my face on his chest, feeling his warmth.

 

“Jenny-ah..Tell me, what’s wrong?” he asked, more like a whisper as he hug me.

 

I shook my head. I’m not ready to tell him yet.

 

My cries were the ones he got as an answer. For a while, we stayed like that till the rain ceased from falling and he ask me to come with him and spend the rest of the night.

 

----

 

“Here, wear this.” He said and handed me a huge white polo shirt. I accepted it and headed to the bathroom for a quick shower.

 

We were now at his place. He decided to bring me here since I refuse the moment he asked me to let him drive me home.

 

I lock the bathroom door and slump myself at the cold floor. My eyes still stings from the cry I’ve done earlier and it feels like it’s threatening to fall again.

 

I sighed deeply and tried to shove the sad thoughts away.

 

No! I should forget that, even for a while. I think a shower would do.

 

I headed to the tub and turn the shower on, letting its warm flow wash the bad thoughts away and free me from its pain.

 

After about fifteen minutes shower I go out and find him preparing two bowls of ramen.

 

“Oh! Are you done?” he asked and let out a cheeky smile. I smile in return and walk near him.

 

“Sit and eat.” He commanded and pulls one chair then gesture me to sit.

 

I do as he says and he put a bowl of ramen in from of me. He pull the chair that’s facing towards me and get his own bowl.

 

I grab a pair of chopsticks and start to dig in.

 

“So, can you tell me now why you are in the park in the middle of the night?” he asked casually with eyes focused on his ramen.

 

I paused and carefully place the chopsticks on the side, chewing some I successfully shoved through my mouth.

 

Silence followed. I don’t know how to answer him since that still threatened to break me and cry again when I remember the horrible scene I saw earlier.

 

He notice my uneasiness and he let out an empty chuckle to at least break the awkward air.

 

“Oh! Well, forget about it. I-I just want to ask..I mean..I’m just curious, you know?” he explained.

 

I tilt my head and meet his gaze. He stare at me with a concern clearly seen on his eyes.

 

“Should I tell him?”

 

I drop my head. I can’t stand looking through his eyes. I don’t want to see pity on it. It would just make me feel miserable.

 

He reach for my hand and I was a bit startled by it. He give it a light squeeze and I finally find the courage to look at him straightly.

 

“Whatever it is…just don’t lose hope..and remember. I am here Jenny-ah. I will always be here for you.” He said and smiles warmly.

 

“T-Thanks oppa..” I mutter and force a smile but fail since a lone tear finally made its way out of my eyes.

 

---

 

The night deepened and still I haven’t yet tell him the reason why I run through the park.

 

Maybe it’s not yet the time. Maybe I’m not ready to let others know the reason behind my cries.

 

I held the cup of coffee on my hand and brought it near my lips to taste its warm and bitterness. I grimace with its strong taste which I never get to try since I’m not fond of plain dark coffee.

 

I sighed, fogging the glass window pane of his room as I stare outside, watching the busy street below which is now awake in dawn.

 

“Are you not sleepy yet?” he asked, snapping me out of my deep thought.

 

“Yes. Sleepiness never get to visit me this time.” I responded and painte

Please log in to read the full chapter