Chapter 7: Surprise Visit

It's My Turn to Cry
Please log in to read the full chapter

JENNY:

I woke up with a bright smile plastered on my face.

I don't know what makes me smile like this but I guess it has something to do with our date yesterday.

I kick the blanket off and stretch my arms and legs freely as I escape a satisfactory yawn.

Morning is really cold this days and I do love it!

I lock myself into the bathroom and took a warm shower.

Today is the 24th day of december. A day before christmas.

My grandma will be here this morning to help us prepare for the dinner meeting tonight.

Tonight will be the day that our families will meet again, and I know the whole night will be full of discussions regarding our wedding.

Well, what should I expect?

But I guess Sehun will be against with it and protest the moment our grandma discuss about those stuffs.

What should we expect from that rude boy!

I face the mirror and put on my pajamas.

I brush my curly brown locks, the curl they had were permanent and I like it!

Mom were seriously out of herself last night the moment she saw me in that new atire.

"Oh my god! Jenny-ah~ is that you?" my mom asked in surprise as she approach me still with a knife on her hand.

"Yah! Omma~ put that away. Seems like you'll kill me with that." I pouted.

She let out a chuckle and put the thing away and she walks closely to embrace me.

"What in earth have done something as this beautiful as you Jenny-ah~ Ohh~ I'm so proud of you my princess! You look gorgeous!" she said as she trail her eyes on me from head to toe.

"Omma~ it's just the makeup and the dress. It's still me, your baby." I said then chuckle.

Seriously, why are these people feed me with such flattering words?

I smile as I remember how happy I was with my new look and I hope Sehun would appreciate this and won't think that I'm still the ugly girl before.

"Aish! I'm thinking about him again!" I cursed under my breath.

Why am I thinking about that bastard? Well, if he would appreciate this, then good, if not, then I don't care. It's not for him anyway, it's for myself!

I run down the stairs and meet my mom, cooking again in the kitchen.

"Good morning mom!" I greeted and took a peck on her cheek.

"Hi princess. Eat your breakfast now. Your grandma will be here in an hour. She's on her way now." she said then resume stirring her soup.

"Oh! Who's with her mom?" I ask as I settle myself on the table.

"I don't know. Maybe your uncle Jin will drive her here." she reply.

I eat breakfast and help my mother on the kitchen.

We started to cook some of our food that we will be serve for dinner.

Of course, some of it are Filipino food which I miss.

Nochebuena is very special for us in Philippine tradition.

It's a perfect time for family gatherings and a time to celebrate the important season, the birth of our Lord Jesus Christ.

The doorbell rang and I hurriedly run through the door and open it.

It's grandma. My very best grandma!

"Grandma!" I shouted surprised as I run through her and hug her.

"Ommo! Is that you Jenny-ah? You look beautiful with your new hair!" she said as we both parted.

"Grandma, it's just my hair. I'm still the simple princess that you really love most!" I said then took a peck on her cheek which she really find it adorable.

Please log in to read the full chapter