Chapter 18: Honeymoon (Finally!)

It's My Turn to Cry
Please log in to read the full chapter

JENNY:

 

Warm rays of the sun starts to heat up the surroundings. Same like what we are now, this guy in front of me seems to burst out in a minute with its boiling anger he felt inside all this time.

 

We were at the beach side watching the wide ocean as it slowly hit the shore with its gentle waves. Silence enveloped us and only the sound of his heavy breathing was clearly heard.

 

I know he was just controlling himself, I can see it through his eyes as he shot me with his death glares. Like tide, his chest rise and fall as he heaved and sighed deeply before he finally face me and shot me with his poker face.

 

“Why are you with him?” he asked calmly.

 

My mind panicked the moment he uttered those words. Though it may seem a bit calm, it is still clearly written on his face that he silently curse me through his inner thought. I drop my gaze and play with my fingers to at least ease myself from panicking.

 

“How long have you known that guy? Are you with him yesterday?” he asks again, and this time I can sense that he’s already mad as he utter each word with a greeted teeth.

 

“I-I’m sorry..I-I was just-“

 

“Enough!!” he blurted out with rage.

 

I jump in surprise and close my eyes to control myself from trembling since I was about to cry now.

 

“You know what? I was like a mad man looking for his lost wife all over the hotel! I was out for about five minutes just to borrow that damn bicycle and now I-“he paused and sighed deeply as he continued.

 

“I saw you flirting with the other man.” He said with greeted teeth as he glared at me.

 

I can’t take it anymore. I feel like I was about to explode and yes, I have to make this one out.

 

“Flirt? Did you just say I was flirting with him? Should I be the one to be mad also? Since I always woke up alone in the room, clueless of where the hell my husband goes early in the morning!!” I blurted out in rage with my tears pouring out non-stop.

 

He let out an empty chuckle and yanks his hair in frustration before voicing out his side.

 

“So, are you saying it was my fault? I am your husband Jenny-ah and you have to follow what I say. I know what’s good for both of us so you must know your place in this relationship!” he stated firmly as he jab his index fingers towards me.

 

“Oh! Did I forget about that!? Yes you are my husband and we are married, but for heaven’s sake! I never feel that way towards you. You just take me for granted and never thinks of my feelings. For your information Mr. Oh Sehun, we are married but you didn’t own my life!” I shot back.

 

He curls his fists and turns his back against me before he finally loses his temper.

 

“You’re right! I never own your life, and yes, we are married but by papers, not by heart. So yeah, you can do what you want, and I don’t care even if it kills you! After all we were just set up to this kind of . So go on and flirt with other guy, because that’s what you’re good at right?” he said and let out an empty chuckle which tends to insult me and so I slap him hard on the face and walk out.

 

I run till my knees felt numb and almost lose my breath. I pant hard and slump myself on the grassy ground were small bits of ice that starts to melt adds up to the cold that crept through my entire body.

 

I tilted my head and face the wide ocean with the burning sun above it that reflects its blinding light to the crystal like waters. I want to run and drown myself through it to ease this stinging pain that slowly kills me inside.

 

My eyes blurred as the continuous flow of my tears soaked my damp cheek. I still can’t help myself from crying. It really hurts hearing such word from him; to the man I once loved long time ago, up until now.

 

I wipe the tears and craned my neck as I notice this man towering behind my back. I glared the moment I realized it was him. I lift myself up and turn my back to walk away from him, but he grab my wrist and pull me harshly which I ended up crashing through his chest. I try to pull myself out of him but he didn’t budge, instead, he tightened his grip and locked me on his strong arms.

 

“I’m sorry.” He uttered half-whispered.

 

I stop the moment I hear those words. I’m quite surprise of it since I never heard him apologize to me nor to anyone before.

 

I drop my arms on both sides and buried my face on his broad chest. Here I am again, crying my heart out since I feel touched by his words. He gently pats my back as I sobbed hard and let my tears soaked his shirt.

 

“I’m so sorry Jenny-ah~ I didn’t mean to hurt you.” He whispered and brushes his thin lips on the top of my head. He held both of my shoulders and let me face him. He then reach for my chin and with his aid I tilt my head up to meet his eyes.

 

“Jenny-ah babo~ you’re still a cry baby I’ve known for years. Grow up now! You’re a married woman already.” He cooed as he gently wipe the tears that’s still rolling down my cheeks. I glared at him and hit him playfully at his chest which he acts like he’s hurt.

 

“I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to hurt you. I was just…just….” He drops his head and rubs his nape. He looks pretty embarrassed and I don’t know why.

 

“You were what?” I asked confused and he just smile shyly in response before voicing out his inner thoughts that really surprises me.

 

“I…I was just jealous!” he said half-whispered but enough for me to hear it.

 

“Bwo!?” I blurted out in surprise.

 

He abruptly compose himself and act coolly as if nothing happens or what he just said wasn’t a big deal at all, while me, I was still in shock.

 

“Yah! What’s wrong with that!?” he said and pouted with his lower lip.

 

“Errmm….N-Nothing! I-I was just..” I paused and slap my forehead. Did I hear it right? Is he seriously jealous with Joonmyeon Oppa?

 

“What you hear is right. I was just jealous. Don’t hit yourself. You’re not dreaming.” He said and smile, the kind of smile that I’ve never seen for years.

 

“Y-You mean..you love me?” I asked, but tha

Please log in to read the full chapter