Chapter 24: Two Broken Hearts

It's My Turn to Cry
Please log in to read the full chapter

JENNY:

 

I’ve been taking this path for about half an hour now.

 

My feet were like glued to this concrete ground that I feel my knees weaken as I hardly take slow steps to continue my journey to home.

 

A home, could I call it a home? But how would I if the home I was talking about were just build with lies and untold truth.

 

Would I still continue to live with him?

 

I halted and slump myself on this empty bench, watching the people pass by doing their own thing.

 

I sighed, a shaky one since my lung couldn’t take another cry again.

 

I look down and found this envelope, still tightly held by my arms.

 

I tighten my grip on it that almost tore it apart.

 

No! I must keep it, as evidence on how he betrayed me.

 

I get my phone on my bag. I need someone to talk to. I need them.

 

I scribble some numbers and finally call it.

 

“Yeoboseyo?” Yura answered.

 

“Unnie..I’m quite bored now. Can we talk?” I ask, trying to hide my silent weep.

 

“Oh! Is that so? But—Okay!I’ll get it, give me a minute…oh! Jenny-ah..are you still there?” she ask.

 

“Nae unnie..” I reply solemnly.

 

“Are you sick? You sound different. Are you okay?” she asked worriedly.

 

“Nae. I just had a cold, a slight cold indeed. Well, seems like you’re pretty busy huh?” I stated.

 

“Yeah! I’m having a meeting with some investors later. I’m sorry, I can’t see you for a while, and I’ve been really busy.” She apologized.

 

“No no..It’s okay. I’ll hung up now unnie. Good luck!” I cheered.

 

“I love you bestie~ get well soon. By the way, Chanyeol missed you. He’s out of the country for a month so I guess you can’t talk to him right now. Bye~” she said and cut the line.

 

Ugh! I need a happy virus right now!

 

Well, I probably have no choice. Though I know I pained him, I must talk to him instead since he would understand me for being in this horrible state too.

 

I dialed his number and after a few rings he answered.

 

“N-Nae..” he answered, more likely a croak. He doesn’t sound well.

 

“Oppa, are you okay?” I ask worriedly but a loud thud was the only answer I get.

 

Something bad might happen on him. I must check him out!

 

I hurriedly get inside my car and drove to his apartment. I found it through GPS since we both have trackers.

 

I hurriedly run through the information desk and ask what floor he is into. After getting information, I hurriedly run to the elevator and headed to his unit.

 

Luckily, his door isn’t lock so I manage to get in and this horrifying scene welcomed me.

 

He was there, lying half-died on the floor.

 

“Luhan!” I cry out and hurriedly grab him, lifting his head and lean it on my lap.

 

“Luhan are you alright?” I ask as I pat his cheek till he finally opens his eyes and curve a light smile on his pale face.

 

“Yah! You scare me to death! You’re sick, how could you manage to live alone here. You must stay in the hospital in this state!” I hollered as tears starts to trickle down my cheek.

 

He reach for it and wipe it away with his warm hands. He’s burning in fever. I help him up and lay on his bed.

 

Though a bit uncomfortable to this kind of thing, I force myself to his shirt and wipe his body with a damp cloth to lessen his body temperature.

 

He was still a bit weak to handle his self and I’m really worried for his condition.

 

I help him put on his shirt and settle him comfortably on his bed.

 

“I’ll clean this up. You go sleep, I’ll cook you some warm soup.” I said then grab the basin and headed to the sink. He give a light nod and smile in response.

 

I cook some plain porridge for him to warm up his stomach. After that I headed to his room and help him eat up.

 

He lifts himself up upon seeing me enter his room. He curves a smile and I let out one.

 

“Are you feeling alright?” I ask.

 

“Yeah. Thank you Jenny-ah~” he said, more like whisper.

 

“It’s nothing. Eat this, this will warm you up.” I said as I settle the bowl of soup on the table.

 

I grab the spoon and scoop a small amount of the porridge and leaned it near his mouth.

 

“Say Ah~” I said and he mimic my move and take the spoon to his mouth with eyes seriously bore on mine.

 

“Yah! Don’t look at me like that. It’s pretty uncomftable.” I said as I drop my gaze avoiding his.

 

“I’m sorry. I’m ju

Please log in to read the full chapter