Chapter 8

Hidden Raindrop

As L.Joe and Jaemi stood there staring at each other, Jieun hollered out again, “HELLO, I SAID ACTION! WE DON’T HAVE ALL DAY PEOPLE!”

 

Wanting to break the awkward silence, Jaemi looked away and let out a smile, “Did you fall for me already?

 

L.Joe let out a scoff then pulled the hood of her hoodie over her head. Jaemi stood there surprised by his action.

 

“The only person who should be asking that question,” he paused then leaned in closer to whisper, “is me.”

 

He gave her a smirk as he placed his arm around her. Jaemi slightly flinched from his sudden action, but quickly scoffed right after. She put her arm around his waist and looked at him, “Okay, let’s go babe,” she said in a mocking tone.

 

“Continue walking a little bit more,” Jieun instructed, “Okay, slowly stop. L.Joe, take Jaemi’s hood off and give her a forehead kiss. Then give her a hug and end it with saying ‘I love you’ right after. And Jaemi, you say the same thing back right after him. Got it?


 

L.Joe let out a small smile as he took off Jaemi’s hood. They both stared into each other’s eyes before he slowly leaned in to kiss her forehead. He gently pulled Jaemi in for a warm hug, “Saranghae,” he crooned.

 

Jaemi stood there not knowing if she was amazed by his acting skills or because he actually made her heart skip a beat. However, she quickly regained her composure and went back to her senses, remembering that he is a player.

 

Jaemi snuggled into his chest as she hugged him back, “Nado,” she said softly, “Saranghae.”

 

“And... CUT! That was perfect! Better than what I even imagined,” Jieun praised, “Okay, let’s move on to the next scene!”

 

Before moving to the next location, L.Joe turned to Jaemi, “Tell me. How fast was your heart beating?” L.Joe teased.

 

“Excuse me?” Jaemi replied.

 

“It’s okay. I have that impact on girls,” L.Joe said before walking away.

 

Jaemi released a loud scoff while watching him walk ahead.

 

After a couple of hours, everyone started getting exhausted and wanted to rest, but Jieun did not allow such thing, “There is no time to rest people! We need to finish shooting TODAY!” Jieun yelled as she continued to walk to the next location.

 

“She’s very persistent, isn’t she?” Jaemi complained before following Jieun. The guys nodded in agreement.

 

“You two, go practice what I have instructed. Kai, let me show you what angles I want for the next scene,” Jieun instructed.

 

L.Joe stood on the side of the road kicking a rock while Jaemi was sitting on the floor just staring blankly. L.Joe looked up and noticed Jieun very focused on talking to Kai about the film angles.

 

L.Joe suddenly pulled Jaemi, “What are you doing?” she asked.

 

“Do you really want to stay here and film all day?” L.Joe retorted back at her. He looked back up and saw Jieun almost finishing up. He looked back down to Jaemi, “Hurry.”

 

He pulled her again and the both of them ran.

 

Jieun finished talking to Kai, but turned around to see none of her main leads in their positions. She turned her head to the right to see the two running off, “YA! L.JOE! JAEMI! WHERE DO YOU GUYS THINK YOU’RE GOING?!?” she shrieked, “YA!!!! KAI, GO AFTER THEM!”

 

A little scared by her screams, Kai followed her order as the two began chasing after L.Joe and Jaemi.

 

L.Joe and Jaemi was dashing through the streets, but Jaemi suddenly began to slow down due to the exhaustion from her legs. Unable to keep up, she finally stopped after her legs gave up on her. L.Joe turned back to see Kai and Jieun running towards them as they called their names. He quickly ran back and grabbed Jaemi’s hand, “Come on!”

 

The two continued running as Kai and Jieun followed behind. As they made a quick turn around the corner, L.Joe saw an narrow space between two buildings. He quickly pulled Jaemi into the space with him. The two stood in front of each other breathing heavily and within a couple of seconds, Kai and Jieun was seen running right passed them. They both let out a huge sigh of relief, “That was close,” L.Joe said looking back at the two running.

 

Not hearing a response back, he turned to look at Jaemi avoiding his eye contact. He looked at her confused then noticed that he was still holding her hand. He quickly released, “Sorry.”

 

However, Jaemi was still looking down awkwardly because of the tiny gap between them. He smiled to himself, realizing the reason. He leaned and whispered into her ear, “We’re finally alone,” he teased.

 

“W—what?”

 

“You don’t have to pretend anymore. No one is here to watch—”

 

Jaemi’s eyes widen as she stomped on his foot and shoved her way out.

 

“Arg, I was only kidding!” he cried in pain, “Geez, so violent.”

 

He walked out next to her and noticed Jaemi seeing her smiling to herself, “Why are you smiling? Are you crazy? Or perhaps…” he said with a smirk, “Have you fallen for me already?”

 

Jaemi continued chuckling to herself and L.Joe’s expression suddenly changed, “Why are you laughing like that? Jaemi? Ya… are you okay? You’re starting to freak me out.”

 

You—” she started before laughing again, “You said sorry,” she finally said before bursting out into laughter.

 

She quickly stopped laughing and rubbed her head after L.Joe smacked her, “Pabo,” he said as he walked away.

 

“Aish! What was that for?” Jaemi yelled.

 

However, instead of responding, he walked away and lifted his hand up as he waved goodbye from behind.

 

“YA! Where are you going? You can’t just leave me here all alone!” she hollered while running behind him.

 

 

Night hit pretty quickly and Jaemi was still walking behind L.Joe. From time to time, L.Joe would slightly turn his head to the side to check if she was still following him. Jaemi, on the other hand, was too busy checking and looking around her surroundings, like a lost puppy, to even notice. Even the slightest noise would make her jump from fear. She looked up at the sky and realized the rain was coming over soon.

 

“Are you going to follow me all night?” L.Joe said, finally turning around.

 

Jaemi jumped from his sudden turn, “Huh? Oh, uh… ani,” she muttered before turning and walking her own way.

 

 

“NEO!” a voiced bellowed from afar, “WHERE DID YOU RUN TO YESTERDAY?!?”

 

Jaemi stared blankly at her, trying to find a good response.

 

“I—uh… mianhae Jieun-ah,” Jaemi apologized after she couldn’t think of an excuse.

 

Jieun gave her a stink eye and quickly hugged Jaemi, “You’re lucky we’re friends,” she joked, “But, we have to finish filming today, got it? NO MORE running away!”

 

Jaemi gave a smile and nodded.

 

 

Ever since the first time, Jaemi would always buy Jieun food even though Jieun told her not to. However, today, Jaemi forgot to bring money and couldn’t buy lunch for either of them. They both sat at an empty lunch table, staring at each other in despair.

 

“Did you forget to bring money too?” Jaesung asked as he down next to Jaemi.

 

Jaemi turned to him and nodded her head, “Oppa… I’m starving,” she whined as she rubbed her belly.

 

Jaesung pinched her cheeks, “Here,” he said taking two choco pies out, “A classmate gave these to me, but you two go ahead and eat it.”

 

“But, you didn’t eat lunch either,” Jieun stated.

 

He lightly chuckled, “It’s okay, I’m not a fan of sweet things anyways.”

 

Jaemi smiled and grabbed one, “You’re a lifesaver.”

 

Jieun was still shy about taking it, so Jaesung took her hands and gave it to her. He smiled, “I’ll see you girls later,” he said leaving.

 

Once he left, someone came over and snatched Jaemi’s snack out of her hand and dropped it on the floor.

 

Oops,” Suzy said blatantly, “I gave him those snacks to enjoy, not for him to share it with you two. Who exactly do you think you are talking to Jaesung sunbae anyways? He will never be interested in a girl like you, so get that straight through your head. Got it?,” she looked away, “,” she said under her breath.

 

Jaemi slammed her hands onto the table as she stood up. She moved out of her seat to face Suzy upfront and stared her straight in the eye as she walked towards her. Startled, Suzy took a step back every time Jaemi came closer. Suzy’s eyes were shifting around in fear, regretting her decision in ever confronting Jaemi. However, her eyes suddenly became fixed onto Jaemi’s. She watched as Jaemi’s eyes went from normal brown to a vibrant blue.

 

“Hajima. Jaemi-ah…” Jieun pleaded.

 

“N-neo—what are you…” Suzy quietly stuttered in fear.

 

“Geumanhae,” a guy crooned, standing in front of Jaemi.