Chapter 32*

Hidden Raindrop

“What? A professor?” Kijoon repeated.

 

“Yeah, Monk Seon—I mean, Professor Seon, isn’t a monk anymore,” Jaemi explained.

 

“I wonder why he didn’t tell us before,” asked Jaesung.

 

“No idea but, it’s pretty cool to think of him as a professor at a university now!”

 

 

Jaemi and Jieun were in class talking when Kai walked in.

 

He turned towards Jaemi and gave her a wink. She looked back at him, blushing and smiling.

 

The whole time in class, Kai and Jaemi kept looking at each other.

 

L.Joe looked at the two and let out a soft sigh. Jieun also noticed L.Joe looking, but went back to listening to the lecture.

 

It was soon lunch and the 2 girls sat with each other talking.

 

“You two are so cute!” Jieun exclaimed.

 

“What?”

 

“Oh, don’t act dumb. Everyone saw Kai and you making googly eyes to each other in class!”

 

Jaemi blushed.

 

“So, what are you guys doing on Friday?”

 

“Friday… friday…” Jaemi repeated, “Oh my gosh, Friday!”

 

“Yeah, your date on Friday,” Jieun reminded.

 

“No… I mean I just remembered I have something to do on Friday,” Jaemi remembered, “I think I have to cancel with Kai.”

 

“Is it important?”

 

“Yeah, but I’ll see what I can do.”

 

 

“Kai!”

 

“Hey. Are you ready for tomorrow?”

 

“Yeah, about tomorrow—”

 

“Yeah, I got everything planned out. Don’t worry about it,” he interrupted, “I just hope nothing gets in the way so that we can finally have our first date.”

 

“Right,” Jaemi drawled.

 

“I’ll see you tomorrow then.” He gave Jaemi a peck on the forehead and left.

 

Surprised by his action, Jaemi touched her forehead and blushed.

 

 

“Bro, wait up,” L.Joe called.

 

“Hey, what’s up.”

 

“Doing anything Friday? The guys are planning to go out.”

 

“Actually, I have a date.”

 

“A date?” L.Joe chuckled, “Since when did you date?”

 

Kai chuckled back at him.

 

“Who with?”

 

“Jaemi.”

 

“Jaemi…” L.Joe repeated, “Where are you guys going?”

 

“That’s for me to know,” he smiled as he walked away, “I’ll catch you tomorrow.”

 

“Right,” he sighed to himself.

 

 

“Ugh, what am I doing to do about tomorrow!” Jaemi yelled to herself, “I obviously can’t ditch the full moon, but at the same time, I can’t ditch Kai. UGHHH!! Why does this have to be so complicated!”

 

Desperate for a solution, Jaemi spent the next few hours searching about gumihos online.

 

“Ugh, if Professor Seon doesn’t know, what makes me think I’ll find it online!” Jaemi said to herself, “Okay, okay, let’s think. Think, think, think. What can I do…”

 

Jaemi laid on her bed, “UGHHHH!”

 

 

“Are you excited for your date today?” Jieun asked.

 

Jaemi smiled, “Yeah.”

 

“What about that thing you had to do?”

 

“It’s nothing,” Jaemi fake smiled.

 

 

Jaemi and Jieun walked out of school.

 

“Okay, you have fun on your date! I’ll see you next week!”

 

Jaemi waved goodbye and waited for Kai at the gates.

 

“Hey, sorry for making you wait.”

 

“It’s okay,” said Jaemi, “Where are we going?”

 

“Follow me,” he said dragging Jaemi with him.

 

They arrived in front of a cinema.

 

“I know it’s typical and kind of boring, but I thought our first date should be simple.”

 

“No, no. I like it,” Jaemi smiled.

 

 

They walked out of the theater laughing.

 

“Even though we only watched a movie, I had a really good time.”

 

“Actually there’s more.”

 

“More?”

 

“Yeah,” Kai held her hand and took her to the rooftop.

 

“Oh my…” Jaemi cooed, “It’s beautiful. What is this place?”

 

“The Sky Rose Garden,” Kai answered, “It’s a garden right above the cinema. Since we didn’t get to talk during the movie, we can talk now.”

 

Jaemi smiled. The two sat together talking when Jaemi lost track of time. It was dusk and the sky began to clear as the moon was slowly revealing.

 

Jaemi started to get a strange feeling in her body and her eyes began to bother her.

 

Kai noticed something was wrong, “Are you okay? Does your eye hurt?”

 

“No, it’s nothing.”

 

Kai nodded, “Well, the moon’s very beautiful tonight.”

 

Jaemi closed her eyes, “I’ll be right back,” she said dashing to the restroom.

 

She ran to one of the stalls and took out her compact mirror. Her eyes were beginning to flash between brown and blue.

 

“No no no, this can’t be happening right now,” Jaemi panicked. She pulled out her phone and started to dial.

 

 

“JB? What are you doing here?” Kai asked when he spotted him.

 

“Kai! Oh, you know, just decided to come by and look at the garden. I heard it was beautiful here.”

 

“Yeah it is.”

 

“Um, what are you doing here?” JB asked back.

 

“I’m actually looking for Jaemi. Have you seen her?”

 

“Jaemi? No, I haven’t sorry, but good luck finding her!”

 

JB quickly left as Kai continued to look for Jaemi.

 

 

“Jaemi? Are you in there?” JB called.

 

“Yeah,” Jaemi answered, opening the restroom door.

 

“Oh woah. Okay, here. Take my jacket to cover your head.”

 

“Thanks.”

 

“You know, Kai is looking for you right now.”

 

Jaemi’s phone rang and she let out a nervous sigh.

 

She picked up, “Hey Kai. Something important came up at home and I had to leave. I’m so sorry.”

 

“No, it’s okay. I hope everything is fine at home.”

 

“I hope so too, thank you for understanding. I’ll see you next week.”

 

Jaemi hung up and JB took her home.

 

 

“Does you father and brother know about the full moon today?” JB asked.

 

“Um, no.”

 

“No?”

 

“If I told them, they wouldn’t have let me stay out.”

 

“I think they would have had a good reason why they wouldn’t want you to.”

 

“JB, please.”

 

“Alright, alright. You can stay at my house until your eyes turns back to normal.”

 

 

“Professor Seon hasn’t found anything to prevent this uh… transformation?”

 

“No. It’s not like there’s another gumiho he can ask.”

 

“Well, that just . Only if you had some type of bracelet like the one in that one drama. What’s it called again? Gu Family Book or something like that?” JB laughed.

 

Jaemi gave him a serious look.

 

“You don’t think…”

 

“There might!” Jaemi exclaimed.

 

“Jaemi, it’s a movie,” JB explained, “They make a bunch of things up.”

 

“Yeah, a movie probably based on a true story or real events.”

 

“Okay, then what about the powers? You don’t have them.”

 

“Yeah I do! I just don’t know what it is yet.”

 

“Okay okay. What about the other drama, um… what’s it called… My Girlfriend Is A Nine-Tailed Fox! You don’t love meat that much, it doesn’t rain when you cry, AND you have no weird blue orb in your body. And don’t you hate the rain?”

 

“No, when I first came to Korea, I was REALLY craving meat for some reason, but… then it stopped. And I guess it doesn’t rain when I cry… but! But but, I don’t hate the rain anymore.”

 

“You don’t?”

 

“Yeah, I find it quite comforting.”

 

“Okay Jaemi, now you’re just freaking me out. Since when did you like rain?”

 

“I guess when I first touched rain when I came here.”

 

“That’s a little odd, but you don’t have a blue orb.”

 

“You don’t know that.”

 

“True. But, it’s very unlikely.”

 

“Okay, but that bracelet might be real or at least some type of accessory.”

 

Jaemi’s eye turned back to normal.

 

“I guess the full moon is over.”

 

“My eyes are okay now?”

 

“Yeah, but I still don’t get why your tails didn’t appear this time.”


Jaemi shrugged, “Everything is a mystery.”

 


For the next few weeks, I'm going to go on vacation and be doing a bunch of things to prepare for college; therefore, I won't be able to update anytime soon. I also have a two cousins who are giving birth in July and August, so everything will be hectic haha! I hope you understand and I hope I made this chapter long enough for you all while I am gone for a bit! :D