Chapter 11*

Hidden Raindrop

It was already dark and the sky became colder as Jaemi walked home. Every little step she took, a little warmth disappeared from her body. No matter how fast she walked, her legs couldn’t keep up with her. As she tried to get home, something warm dropped on her shoulder, and warmth immediately came back to her. She looked back to see who it was but no one was around. It was completely silent.

 

 

When she entered her home, the house was even more quiet than outside. She quickly went upstairs to check on her father, who has been staying up late a lot lately due to his work. She took a peek inside her father’s office to find him sleeping on the couch with his suit still on. Curious, Jaemi came in and took a look at her father’s work. Seeing how hard her father had been worked, she decided to help him finish it up. While in America, Jaemi helped her father a lot with the business and because of her, Rain became the only 6 star hotel in all of Korea. Seeing that there was a lot of work, she quickly took off the jacket and placed it behind her back. As she hooked the jacket on the chair, she noticed that it was her school’s uniform. She quickly looked at the nametag. L.Joe. She let out a friendly smile and went back to work.

 

 

It was 7:30 in the morning and Jaemi, who was passed out on her father’s desk, slowly began to wake up. With her eyes barely opened, she grabbed her phone to check the time.

 

She let out a huge gasped and ran out of her father’s office, “Aish, I only have 30 minutes to get to school! WHY DIDN’T JAESUNG OPPA WAKE ME UP!” Jaemi shrieked as she ran around the house.

 

Even with all the ruckus Jaemi was making, Kijoon was still sound asleep until Jaemi ran out of the house, slamming the door shut. He jumped up and began to panic about his unfinished work. He ran to his desk to find everything organized and planned out for him. Beside the paper was a small note.

 

Don’t worry appa. HWIGHTING!

P.S. You love me more than Jaesung oppa now right?

P.S.S. Just kidding, I already know I’m your favorite! ;)

 

He smiled.

 

 

“Ugh, I swear, I’m going to kill him later….” Jaemi babbled to herself as she slammed the door.

 

“AHHHH! YA, what are you doing here?” Jaemi jumped back.

 

He nonchalantly used his eyes and brows to point at her hands.

 

“Mwoh?”

 

“My jacket.”

 

“Oh, here.”

 

He grabbed his jacket and left.

 

For a whole ten minutes, Jaemi walked awkwardly behind him without making any noise. L.Joe, on the other hand, never bothered to look back at her. When they were both near the school’s gate, Jaemi took that opportunity to walk next to him.

 

“Gomawo,” she whispered and walked ahead.

 

L.Joe stopped and let out a genuine smirk as he followed her to class.

 

 

A typical school day ended, and the group decided to meet up after school again to finish filming. As Jaemi and Jieun were walking out of class linking arms, they were stopped by a rush of girls running towards the front gate. Both girls looked at each other in confusion as they continued to walk in their normal pace. When they reached the front gate, Jaemi and Jieun tried to squeeze their way out of the crescent crowd of squealing girls. Pushing their way through, they ended up being in the front of the crowd.

 

“JB?” Jaemi called out.

 

The guy, who was standing by his luxurious car, turned around upon hearing his name, “Hey,” and let out a huge smile that made all the girls squeal even more.

 

 

On the side, L.Joe and Kai finally came out and was next to Jieun.

 

“Who is he?” L.Joe asked a little agitated.

 

Jieun shrugged her shoulder.

 

 

“Should we catch up?” JB asked as he opened the door to the passenger’s seat.

 

L.Joe walked over and slammed the door shut, “We have a project to film right now.”

 

He’s right, I can’t leave my group right now.

 

JB lifted an eyebrow, “Why are you speaki —”

 

Before he could finish his sentence, Jaemi quickly covered his mouth with both her hands.

 

“YA! Why are you touching him like that?” L.Joe blabbered as he grabbed her arm and pulled her away from JB.

 

Touch— What? Why does that matter to you?” Jaemi retorted back, shaking his grip away from her arm.

 

JB chuckled, “Jealous?”

 

Before L.Joe could reply back, Jieun cut in, “It’s okay Jaemi. We can film again sometime this week. You go ahead.”

 

“Gomawo chingu-ah!” Jaemi said happily and gave Jieun a quick hug before she sat in the car.

 

JB placed his hand on Jieun’s head and gave her a smile.

 

As they drove off, all eyes were on them, especially L.Joe and Kai’s.

 

 

Jaemi and JB reached a cafe near by and decided to stop and talk.

 

“Here you go, your favorite. Café au lait, or just, coffee with milk,” JB smiled as he handed Jaemi her drink.

 

“Wow, you remembered! I’m impressed.”

 

Jaemi looked at JB as he took a sip from his drink.

 

JB looked around, “Are you looking at me?” he joked.

 

“How did you find me?”

 

“I think the important question here is, why did you leave without telling anyone?”

 

Jaemi became speechless and avoided his eyes. Feeling bad, JB changed the subject.

 

“Well, we are here together now, let’s forget all of that.”

 

Jaemi nodded and smiled at her understanding friend.

 

“By the way, what was with the English back there?”

 

“Oh, long story short. I just can’t speak Korean for some reason. The only person who knows is my father, Jaesung oppa, my friend Jieun, and now you.”

 

“Ah, well your secret is safe with me,” JB winked and took another sip from his drink. Jaemi smiled and took a sip from her drink as well.

 

 

After catching up, JB dropped Jaemi off at her house and promised to stop by some other time to greet her father and brother. Jaemi agreed and they both waved goodbye.

 

As she walked in, Jaemi went straight to the kitchen to find Jaesung cooking dinner.

 

“Smells so good!” Jaemi crooned while sniffing around the kitchen.

 

“Well look who’s back early for the first time in FOREVER,” Jaesung teased.

 

“Mianhae oppa! I’ll make it up to you!”

 

“Alright, alright. Go get appa down for dinner,” Jaesung ordered.

 

Jaemi quickly ran upstairs to her father’s office, “Appa! Jaesung finished cooking dinner!”

 

“You kids go ahead and eat. I have a lot of work to finish,” Kijoon said without looking away from his work.

 

Jaemi went over to Kijoon and massaged his shoulders, “Appa, you’re working so hard, you need to take a break.”

 

Jaemi placed her hand on her father’s forehead, “APPA! You’re burning up, you need to rest.”

 

“I’m fine, it’s just for a few more days. We’re having a meeting soon to make more partnerships with other companies in order to stop the financial crisis we have in Rain right now. Also, I have to get ready to announce the opening of our second Rain hotel. Until then, I need concentrate.”

 

“Appa… you are building a second hotel. Even if things do go smoothly, you have to manage everything that will be built and you won’t have time to rest. This isn’t going to last for a few days. Appa, please…. just rest for a little bit. It hurts me to see you this tired,” Jaemi sniffled.

 

After a while, Kijoon finally agreed to rest a little bit.

 

 

“That took a long time. Where’s appa?” Jaesung asked when he saw Jaemi walking down.

 

“He has a fever right now, so I told him to rest.”

 

“Fever? Appa usually never gets sick though, are you sure he’s okay?”

 

Jaemi nodded her head to assure her brother.

 

“Well, I guess it’s just us eating today. Let’s eat!” Jaesung chimed.

 

The two began to talk about their lives and school since they haven’t been able to see each other a lot lately.

 

“So, did you meet anyone, specifically an old man that happens to be a monk?” Jaesung hinted.

 

Jaemi let out a huge laugh, “What the heck was that?”

 

“I didn’t want to beat around the bush or be too direct,” Jaesung replied awkwardly.

 

Jaemi face suddenly turned gloomy and she began to play around with her food.

 

“I know, it’s hard to believe. I didn’t believe it myself either when appa told me. But look on the bright side, it’s kind of cool, to be the last one of your kind.”

 

“Mwoh? Last one of my kind? What are you talking about?” Jaemi asked demanding an answer.

 

“What do you mean?”


“Monk Seon only told me he knew my parents… ” Jaemi pondered, “What do you mean by ‘last one of my kind’?”

 


Hello everyone! Sorry I haven't been updating as much like I promised, but I will try my best to update asap! I also wanted to let you all know that chapter 12 will be the last chapter I will be uploading that I wrote in June 2013. And starting from chapter 13, everything I write will be from 2014/2015! So hopefully I will think of better ideas and plots to make the story more interesting for you! Anyways, I wish you all an early Merry Christmas!

Don't forget to leave a comment!