Chapter 18*

Hidden Raindrop

L.Joe looked at his phone then turned his head towards the clock. 5:46 PM.

 

“Ugh, why isn’t this girl calling me!” L.Joe bellowed to himself.

 

L.Joe laid down on his bed from frustration and looked at the time again. 6:55 PM.

 

“This girl seriously—”

 

Buzz. Buzz. Buzz. Buzz.

 

L.Joe quickly picked up the phone, “You call yourself responsible?”

 

“Sorry, I forgot. But, remember to send Jieun the—

 

“Got it. Bye,” L.Joe hung up.

 

L.Joe let out a loud sigh and went to his computer.

 

 

Thursday, February 12, 2015.

 

“Jieun-ah! Did you finish the presentation?” Jaemi asked.

 

“Yup! All we have left is to present tomorrow.”

 

“YAY! Finally finished with this project!” Jaemi exclaimed, “Wait… don’t we have to memorize something? Didn’t you say it would take three days?? HOW ARE WE GOING TO MEMORIZE EVERYTHING BY TOMORROW?!?”

 

“Omo Jaemi! Don’t talk so loud, someone might hear you!!”

 

Jaemi looked around cautiously, “How are we going to memorize everything?!” Jaemi repeated herself in a low tone.

 

Jieun laughed, “We don’t have to memorize anything. We can just read off the presentation. I just said that so we could finish early!”

 

Jaemi froze and stared at Jieun.

 

“Oh calm down! At least we have nothing to do now!” Jieun cheered, “Anyways, Valentine’s Day is this Saturday. Are you giving chocolate to anyone… SPECIAL?”

 

Jaemi turned to stare at Jieun again, “What are you talking about?”

 

“JB!” Jieun answered sotto voce.

 

“Mwoh?” Jaemi said surprised, “Why in the world would I give JB chocolate?”

 

“Because you two like each other?” Jieun answered as if it wasn’t obvious.

 

Jaemi began to laugh out loud, “What? JB has a girlfriend back home! His girlfriend, him, and I are best friends in America!”

 

“Seriously?”

 

“Yeah,” Jaemi laughed, “She’s actually moving back to Korea. I don’t know when, but I’ll introduce you two when she comes back. I can’t wait for you two to meet!”

 

“Oh, I would love to meet h—” Jieun stopped, “Wait a minute… you’re changing the subject!”

 

Jaemi gave a huge smile.

 

“Sly, sly Jaemi…” Jieun emphasized, “So... interested in anyone?”

 

“Jieun-ah, I just moved here. I haven’t met a lot of people.”

 

“Well, there’s Kai,” Jieun said pointing to the sleepy guy, “Despite his cold appearance, I hear he’s a very sweet guy; every girl’s dream. Also, I don’t know if it’s true, but rumors say that he had a girlfriend who he was in love with. Sadly, she chose money over love and since then, he became cold to every girl.”

 

“Really? I mean he looks cold, but he never acted that way towards me.”

 

“Actually, when you come to think of it, that’s true. He’s cold to every girl but you,” Jieun pondered, “When we were editing the video, he was so quiet. It literally gave me the chills. The whole day, he only gave me one word answers.” Well, except when we talked about you. Jieun thought.

 

“Anyways, there’s also L.Joe,” Jieun continued while pointing at another sleepy guy, “Personally, I don’t find him attractive, but apparently 98% of the girls here do. As for the other 2%, it consists of the teachers and me. He used to be a very caring guy though, but one day, he just changed and now he’s known for being a casanova. But honestly, I don’t know why people even call him that. I mean, yes, he’s a flirt, but he never actually dated anyone.”

 

“Really now. He never dated anyone?” Jaemi scoffed.


Jieun nodded.

 

“Wait, how do you know so much about them?” Jaemi questioned

 

Jieun didn’t answer for a few seconds, “You know, I hear around.”

 

“Oh,” Jaemi said, unconvinced.

 

 

After school ended, Jaemi went to the yogurt shop, where she promised to meet Jaesung.

 

“Oppa!” Jaemi called.

 

“You’re here. Let’s go!”

 

The two began to catch up on each other lives since they haven’t hung out alone in awhile. The two continued to talk until Jaemi stopped in front of a galbi restaurant where all the meat smell was flowing out. Jaemi stood there drooling while sniffing the air. Suddenly, her eyes turned blue.

 

Jaesung turned back to see Jaemi standing in front of a store.

 

Jaesung laughed, “Are you hungry?”

 

Jaemi nodded without looking away.

 

Jaesung turned to look at Jaemi, “Jaemi! You’re eyes…”

 

Jaemi turned towards him and quickly hid her face.

 

“Do you have sunglasses?” Jaesung asked.

 

“Yeah, it’s in my backpack.”

 

Jaesung quickly took out her sunglasses and gave them to her, “Are you feeling okay though?”

 

“Yeah, I’m just REALLY hungry all of a sudden.”

 

“Alright, let’s go eat then. Just make sure you don’t take your glasses off until they stop glowing.”


Jaemi nodded.

 


I tried to make the chapter a little longer since I haven't been updating that much. Hope you enjoy!