Chapter 23*

Hidden Raindrop

Jaemi woke up the next morning and went downstairs, “Good morning Jason,” she said half asleep.

 

Jaesung laughed, “Miss Jamie, it’s almost two in the afternoon.

 

“Two?” Jaemi said still half asleep. Jaemi rubbed her eyes and stood there for a moment, “TWO?!” she shouted after realizing.

 

“We have to pick dad up!” Jaemi slurred, “Oh my gosh… Kai!”

 

Jaesung giggled, “I talked to Doctor Kim this morning and he said we can bring him home tonight. But don’t worry about it, you go have fun on your date!”

 

“It’s not a date!” Jaemi yelled as she ran upstairs to get ready.

 

“Today’s Valentine’s day. IT’S A DATE!” he hollered and smiled to himself.

 

 

Jaemi checked her phone for the place and time. 3:30, it read.

 

With over an hour to get ready, Jaemi decided to take her time to dress up. After trying on hundreds of outfits, Jaemi finally decided to wear a floral dress. Next, she went to do her hair and make-up.

 

Final Result

 

Jaemi looked at the time, 3:20.

 

“I’m going to be late!”

 

Jaemi quickly rushed out the door, but was stopped by a pile of heart-shaped boxes.

 

Confused, Jaemi picked up a box, “Oppa!” she called.

 

“What’s wrong?” Jaesung asked as he walked out.

 

“You tell me,” Jaemi teased.

 

“Dear my oppa, please accept my heart. I love you,” Jaemi read.

 

“These girls are hilarious!” Jaemi laughed, “Wow, I never knew my oppa was so popular!”

 

Jaesung let out a scoff and pushed her, “Go to your date before you’re late!”

 

“IT’S NOT A DATE!” Jaemi yelled as she ran, “Oh also, ‘I LOVE YOU’!” she teased.

 

 

Kai looked at the time, 4:05. He decided to give her a call, but by the time he placed the phone near his ear, Jaemi came running in.

 

“Sorry! I got lost,” Jaemi apologized.

 

“It’s okay. Please, sit down.”

 

Jaemi took a seat.

 

“You look very beautiful, by the way.”

 

“Thank you,” Jaemi said blushing, “This place looks really nice. I never tried French food before.”

 

“Really? They don’t have French food in California?”

 

Well, I lived in San Jose and it’s pretty humble there. Okay… it’s more like boring. There aren't a lot of cuisines out there. I usually ate Vietnamese, Chinese, Mexican, and occasionally, Italian or Korean food. Oh, and of course, American food!

 

The two continued to talk to each other comfortably and by the time they were finished it was almost 5:45.

 

“Well, if it isn’t too late, maybe we can do something fun?” Kai offered.

 

“Yeah sure, what do you have in mind?”

 

 

Kai drove Jaemi around to find parking.

 

“Is this the Han River?”

 

Kai nodded his head, “How do you feel about biking?”

 

Jaemi looked at Kai and smiled.

 

 

“Two bikes please.”

 

“I’m sorry, all the bikes have been rented today. However, we do have one cruiser bike that you can use,” the worker counteroffered.

 

Kai looked at Jaemi, who was looking at all the couples walking around.

 

“Yeah okay, we’ll take it.”

 

 

“They only had this bike left, I hope it’s okay with you.”

 

Jaemi looked at the bike and began to blush when she realized she would have to hold onto him, “Um, yeah of course.”

 

Jaemi carefully sat in the back, holding onto the side of the bike.

 

“You should hold on,” Kai insisted.

 

Shyly, Jaemi held onto the side of Kai’s shirt. From there, he started to paddle.

 

In less than a minute, Kai went over a bump which startled Jaemi, causing her to wrap her arms around his waist. Instantly, a smile formed upon Kai’s face.

 

“Sorry,” Jaemi apologized.

 

“No, it’s okay.”

 

The two continued to bike around the Han River, having a great time.

 

 

Bored out of his mind, L.Joe decided to call Jaemi.

 

Before he pressed the call button, he remembered that she was on a “date” with Kai. L.Joe let out a sigh, and threw his phone on the bed.

 

After a while, L.Joe got up and grabbed his phone and car keys.

 

 

L.Joe reached the hospital and went upstairs to visit Jaemi’s father. Luckily, her father was still in the hospital sleeping, so he came in to sit.

 

“Hi, Jaemi’s father. I’m a friend of Jaemi. Um… I heard you overworked yourself,” L.Joe began, “I visited yesterday. And I saw Jaemi. She seems very sad and upset about this. And even though you might not hear me, I just wanted to tell you. Anyways, um… I should get going. I just wanted to stop by to see if you’re okay. Please get well soon.”

 

L.Joe stood up, but his eyes came across Kijoon’s name.

 

“Um Kijoon,” he whispered to himself, “Where have I heard this name?”

 

Without a second thought, L.Joe left.

 

Little did he know, Jaesung was outside the room the whole time and heard everything L.Joe said to his father. Once he left, Jaesung came in to bring water for his father.

 

 

L.Joe walked out the hospital door until he realized he forgot his phone in the hospital room. He quickly went back up, but he stopped himself when he saw a guy talking to Jaemi’s father.

 

“Jaesung sunbae?” L.Joe whispered to himself, “He’s Jaemi’s brother?”

 

 

Kai drove up in front of Jaemi’s house.

 

“I had a lot of fun today. Thanks for everything,” Jaemi said stepping out of the car.

 

“I did too, maybe we can do this again sometime?”

 

Jaemi smiled, “Yeah, that sounds great.”

 

She closed the car door and watched Kai drive away.

 

Jaemi walked in the house to see her father sitting on a wheelchair.

 

“APPA!” she cheered, “YOU’RE HOME!”

 

“Woah, darling. You’re going to make me fall off my chair!” Kijoon exclaimed.

 

“I’m so happy you’re back! How are you feeling?”

 

“I’m fine. But you go ahead and get ready for bed. I know you’re tired from your ‘date’!” Kijoon teased.

 

“OPPA!” Jaemi hollered.

 

“What, I didn’t tell him anything,” Jaesung fibbed.

 

Jaemi slightly smacked her brother’s shoulder and ran upstairs, “I’ll see you in the morning!”

 

 

Jaemi ran up to her room and quickly dialed Jieun’s number.

 

“Hello?”

 

“JIEUN!” Jaemi screamed, “I spent the whole day with Kai today!”

 

“OMG! EPPPP!” Jieun squealed, “Give me the details!”

 

Jaemi went ahead and told Jieun everything they did that day.

 

“Oh gosh, you two are so cute! I mean, he’s totally into you!”

 

Jaemi let out a chuckle, “If only! He’s too up there for me.”

 

“So? Who cares? You like him, right?” Jieun asked.

 

“You could say that, I guess,” Jaemi responded shyly.

 

“You are SOOO into him!”

 

 

“What? No, she can’t!” Kijoon hollered in the office.

 

 

“What was that?” Jieun asked.

 

“I don’t know. I’ll talk to you later.”

 

Jaemi hung up and walked over to her father’s office to eavesdropped on his conversation with Chairman Lee of Rain.

 

“No, I can’t let my daughter present tomorrow.”

 

“Kijoon, you are too sick to announce for the live conference tomorrow. I want you to get better before we continue anything. You said so yourself, your daughter knows everything that’s going on in Rain. I’ve seen the work she’s done and it’s nothing but perfect. Doing this live conference is the first step to making our business grow even bigger. I believe Jaemi can do this. You just have to give her a chance.”

 

“No, I can’t let her do this. I need to protect her. She can’t be exposed to the public like this. She’s only 17,” Kijoon argued.

 

Jaemi barged into her father’s office.


“I’ll do it.”

 


Hello, my fellow readers! I want to apologize for the lack of update, since I have been kind of busy obsessing over a show I recently found called Criminal Minds. It's a pretty lame excuse, but it's such a good show! You guys should really watch it too! Anyways, I just wanted to let everyone know that I probably won't be updating for the next week or two because I'll be busy with clubs and school events! Either way, I hope you enjoy Chapter 23, since I made it longer than usual. So, hopefully this long chapter will make up for my mini hitaus! But don't worry, I'll be back soon! <3