Chapter 20*

Hidden Raindrop

 

“Hey oppa!” Jaemi welcomed as her brother walked through the door.

 

“Hey, thanks for making me breakfast this morning.”

 

Jaemi smiled, “You should call appa down for dinner, I’m almost done cooking.”

 

Jaesung went upstairs, “Appa, Jaemi’s done making dinner.”

 

“You two eat first, I still need to finish this up.”

 

Jaesung obeyed and went downstairs to sit with Jaemi.

 

“Is he coming down?” Jaemi asked.

 

“He’ll eat later, he still needs to work.”

 

“I don’t understand why he’s working so hard. The speech is already done. I even read his planning and everything, and it seems pretty simple. All he has to do is memorize and execute it.”

 

“You know him. He’s the vice chairman of Rain; he wants everything to be perfect. The live conference is in two days; he’s probably just worried about forgetting a line in front of millions of people. Don’t worry too much about it, he’ll be back to himself after Sunday.”

 

Realizing that her brother was right, Jaemi ate at ease.

 

“So… I heard you have a date tomorrow afternoon.”

 

“Date? How would you ev— Were you spying on me?” Jaemi said in a very sarcastically shocked tone.

 

“I wouldn’t call it ‘spying’, more like ‘I was behind you and your conversation was so loud I heard everything’.”

 

Jaemi let out a sarcastic scoff and shoved Jaesung.

 

“By the way, I tried calling you when I was at the market. Why didn’t you pick up?” Jaesung asked.

 

“You called me?” Jaemi questioned while looking through her bag.

 

After shuffling for a while, she realized that L.Joe still had her phone.

 

“Oh uh, I forgot. My phone was out of battery,” Jaemi fibbed.

 

“Well, don’t forget to charge it later. You don’t want a dead phone when you’re going on your date tomorrow,” Jaesung teased as he got up to put his plate away.

 

“Oppa!” Jaemi whined.

 

Date! Jaemi thought, Kai was supposed to text me!

 

Jaemi quickly cleaned up and went upstairs to her room.

 

Oh my gosh… oh my gosh… What am I going to do!?” Jaemi panicked, “I don’t remember anyone’s number but appa’s and oppa’s! ARGHH!”

 

Knock knock.

 

“Yeah?” Jaemi answered.

 

“Monk Seon is calling on the home phone,” Jaesung replied, “He said he couldn’t reach you through your cell phone.”

 

“Oh, okay thanks.”

 

 

“Hello?”

 

“Jaemi-ah, how are you?” Monk Seon began.

 

“I’m doing well! How are you?”

 

“Good, good. I actually need to talk to you about something. Can you come over right now?”

 

“Right now? Yeah, of course. I’ll come over now, bye!”

 

 

“You’re going over to Monk Seon’s?”

 

“Yeah, he needs to talk to me about something.”

 

“Want me to drive you there?”

 

“No, it’s okay. I’ll just walk there.”

 

“Alright, be careful.”

 

Jaemi nodded and headed towards the door.

 

“Oh, by the way… on your way home, you should go pick up your phone,” Jaesung hinted and walked away.

 

How did he know… Jaemi thought.

 

 

L.Joe was in his bathroom, brushing his teeth when Jaemi’s phone vibrated.

 

A text from Kai.

 

Not wanting Jaemi to know he read the message, L.Joe read the text on the lock screen.

 

Hey, about tomorrow, there’s this new place called…

 

“Ugh, why can’t the screen show the whole text message!” he yelled.

 

Buzz. Buzz.

 

After we finish, we can go do a fun activity like go…

 

After reading part of the text, L.Joe spit out his toothpaste and quickly went into her messages to delete the whole conversation, but before he could click ‘delete’, he stopped and placed her phone down.

 

“What am I doing,” L.Joe said to himself.

 

 

“Monk Seon!” Jaemi cheered as she ran towards him for a hug.

 

“Jaemi-ah, it’s good to see you!”

 

“It’s good to see you too, but what is it that you wanted to talk to me about?”

 

“The blue moon.”

 

“Huh? The blue moon?” Jaemi asked confused.

 

“It rarely occurs, but the blue moon usually appears in a subdivision of a year, where it’s either the third of the four full moons in a season, or it’s the second full moon in a month,” Monk Seon explained.

 

“I still don’t get it.”

 

“The blue moon is an extra full moon.”

 

“What does that mean?” Jaemi asked.

 

“It depends. If you can control when to turn into a gumiho, the blue moon would do nothing but give your powers more strength. However, if you can’t control it, you won’t be able to control anything…”

 

“I— But no one ever taught me how to control that.”


“It isn’t a skill that’s taught; it’s a skill that you — yourself — should know.”

 


What do you think of the story so far? Please leave a comment below! Also, for more updates, please subscribe to the story! :)