Chapter 17*

Hidden Raindrop

Kai waited for everyone to leave the classroom.

 

“Let’s talk,” he said in a philosophical manner.

 

L.Joe looked at him and followed without asking.

 

Standing in a distance, L.Joe stopped and waited for Kai to start talking.

 

Without turning around, he blatantly said, “I like her.”

 

“Who.”

 

He turned to face L.Joe, “Jaemi.”

 

L.Joe didn’t say a word and stared at Kai.

 

“As my friend, I thought I would tell you.”

 

L.Joe looked at Kai for a moment and then let out a scoff, “Did you think I like Jaemi? Is that why you told me? Jongin-ah, did you forget who I am? I’m the King of Casanovas.”

 

Kai let out a scoff and laughed.

 

L.Joe walked towards him and placed his arm around his shoulder. Kai let out another scoff and did the same, and they both walked out.

 

 

“Espresso frappuccino for you and black coffee for me!” Jaemi cheered while placing the drinks down.

 

“Black coffee? What about your café au lait?” JB questioned.

 

“It’s time for a change. I need something new, starting with coffee!” Jaemi said happily while sipping on her drink, “Bleh, so bitter!”

 

JB laughed at her expression and exchanged their drinks, “Here, try this instead.”

 

“Jaebum is the best!” she exclaimed while taking a sip.

 

“So, how’s your group?”

 

Jaemi raised an eyebrow, “What do you mean?”

 

“The people in your group.”

 

“They are great people, I guess. Why?”

 

“No, not as people,” JB stopped, “As love interest.”

 

Jaemi spitted out her drink.

 

“YAH, Jaemi-ah!”

 

“I’m sorry!”

 

“Well?”

 

“What are you talking about?”

 

“Jaemi-ah, don’t lie to me. I can see the sparkle in your eyes when you talk to them.”

 

“Them?”

 

“Yeah, Kai and L.Joe.”

 

“Oppa, what are you talking about? Are you out of your mind? Why in the world would I like them?”

 

“Okay, if you don’t like them, tell me why you don’t like them.”

 

“Well first, L.Joe is conceited, arrogant, and rude!”

 

“Okay, how about Kai?”

 

“He’s… uh… he’s… too good looking?”

 

“AH HA! So you do like him!”

 

“Well I wouldn’t say ‘like’, more like ‘interterested’,” Jaemi half conceded.

 

“Interested? Are you sure about that?”

 

“Yeah, he’s so kind and gentle. And compared to L.Joe, he’s obviously better.”

 

Jaemi took another sip and looked at her phone for the time, “Oh, I should get going. I’ll see you tomorrow!”

 

JB watched Jaemi as she walked away and let out a smile when she was out of sight.


“Oh Jaemi.”