Chapter 35*

Hidden Raindrop

“Jaemi, are you ready for work today?” Kijoon called.

 

“Yeah appa, give me a second.”

 

Jaemi walked down the stairs.

 

 

“My little girl is growing up.”

 

Jaemi laughed, “Most dads would say that when their daughters are going to prom in a beautiful gown, not this.”

 

“Well, my daughter looks beautiful in everything she wears.”

 

“What about me appa?,” Jaesung joked, “Don’t I look beautiful?”

 

“Yes, yes my son. You look absolutely beautiful,” Kijoon laughed.

 

You know Jason, you should be going out with a girlfriend, not sitting at home and doing homework all day.”

 

Well Jamie, until I get a girlfriend, that’s won’t be happening.”

 

“You do know almost every girl in school likes you, right? Even girls who go to different high schools love you. You could get any girl, but… here you are with none. Oh, oppa,” Jaemi sighed, “That’s why I love you!”

 

Jaemi embraced him as he laughed at her response.

 

“Seriously though, go out and find a decent girlfriend,” she said half seriously.

 

“Don’t worry Jaemi. Your brother will have no problem finding a girlfriend in the future. But there will be a problem if we are late to work, so we better get going.”

 

 

They both went up to Kijoon’s office.

 

“What time does the conference start?” Jaemi asked.

 

“12:30. So in four and a half hours.”

 

“How long does it usually last?”

 

“Depends on how deep the conversation gets, but I would say about an hour. More or less,” Kijoon answered, “Since we have time, why don’t you go around and have some fun. I’ll call you when we the conference is about to start.”

 

Jaemi agreed and left his office.

 

“What am I suppose to do right now? There’s nothing really ‘fun’ in here,” she said pondering, “Oh, maybe the girls are here.”

 

She pulled out her phone and dialed.

 

 

Jenny!” Jaemi exclaimed.

 

“Jaemi, I missed you!” Jenny said running to hug her, “How are you?”

 

“I’m good, but where are Byeol and Minjung?”

 

“Right here!” they said in unison as they walked through the door.

 

“Unnie!” Jaemi called as she ran to hug them too.

 

“I was surprised you three would be here when I called.”

 

“Well we come by a few times a month. Depends on when Chairman Lee really needs us,” Byeol answered.

 

“Are you going to the conference today?” Jenny asked.

 

“Yeah, kind of scared to be honest.”

 

“Don’t be! You’ll be fine,” Minjung cheered, “By the way, nice dress.”

 

Jaemi laughed, “Thanks, I got an amazing fashion friend.”

 

“Well, since you’re here, why don’t we do your hair and makeup!” Byeol suggested.

 

Jaemi agreed and the girls spent the next hour or two talking and getting ready.

 

 

Jaemi got a phone call from Kijoon, telling her to come back to the office.

 

“Are you ready?”

 

Jaemi nodded and they both headed towards the conference room.

 

On their way to the room, they both ran into Chairman Lee.

 

“Ah, I’m glad you can make it!” he said, “Let’s start the conference, shall we?”

 

Jaemi and Kijoon walked in first to a full table of people, followed by Chairman Lee.

 

“Are we late?” Jaemi whispered.

 

“No, don’t worry,” Kijoon answered.

 

Jaemi and Kijoon both took a seat near Chairman Lee. As she sat down, she turned her seat to face a familiar face.

 

Jaemi slightly jumped and looked at L.Joe. He looked back at her and smiled. What is he doing here? Jaemi thought.

 

“Is everything okay?” Kijoon asked when he noticed his daughter jump a little.

 

“Huh? Uh… yeah yeah, everything's fine.”

 

“Before we get started, I want to introduce a member of Rain, who has been with us for a few months now. You probably know Gu Jaemi, Vice Chairman Um’s daughter,” Chairman Lee proclaimed, “She will be joining us today along with our newest member, L.Joe, who is the head of our sales and marketing department.”

 

HEAD?!? Jaemi thought to herself as she looked at him.

 

Jaemi and L.Joe both stood up and bowed to everyone and the conference began.

 

About 45 minutes in the conference where all the leaders and managers were discussing real matters about negotiating and planning, Chairman Lee brought up a new subject.

 

“We will have to dig deeper into that some other time. Let’s move on to discuss about how we can make Rain grow,” he began.

 

Jaemi shyly raised her hand, “I know this is simple, but I think simple ideas will create a foundation for Rain to actually grow more as a hotel. As far as we know, Rain is only known in South Korea. When non-Korean citizens hear and see the name Rain, they don’t think hotel. They literally think rain that falls from the sky. So before we franchise anything farther by putting Rain in different countries, why don’t we start by slightly adding to the name. The hotel will still be Rain and we can still call it Rain, but why not change it from Rain to Rain Hotel and Resort. And I’m not talking about having the signs change; I’m talking about adding a title underneath our company’s name like on websites, etc. It’s still simple, it brings more clarity, plus it has a nice ring to it.”

 

Chairman Lee pondered over that thought.

 

“That probably won’t work because that’s would be completely changing the whole concept. Korea already knows us as Rain, and by adding a few words to the company would change what we have now. It would be best to just stick to the name we have and move on from there,” a leader countered.

 

“No, actually,” Chairman Lee began, “I like Jaemi’s idea. Rain Hotel and Resort. It does have a nice ring to it. I’ll think over this.”

 

L.Joe raised his hand, “We have been discussing about how to make Rain grow by bringing it over to other countries and even slightly changing its name, but why don’t we talk about something almost completely different.”

 

“What do you by that?” Vice Chairman Um asked.

 

“I mean, a mid-scale hotel,” L.Joe answered, “Rain is a 6 star hotel, which technically means we’re pricey and not everyone can afford staying here in Rain. We are targeting the high class society, so why don’t we go for the bigger scale and start targeting the middle class and the lower class. Here we are at the very top of the mountain. Right now we are focusing on how to get even higher than what the mountain can reach; instead, why don’t we go back down and start reaching for the top again, but this time, do it more effectively.”

 

Jaemi looked at L.Joe amazed, while everyone else began to whisper to each other about his idea.

 

“That’s a great idea L.Joe,” Chairman Lee praised, “Why don’t we end the conference here. L.Joe, come by my office so we can discuss further about this.”

 

Chairman Lee stood up and walked out first, and slowly, one by one, everyone started to clear the room.

 

 

Jaemi laid down on the couch in her father’s office.

 

“What did you think about the conference?” Kijoon asked.

 

Jaemi sat up straight, “It was really interesting. Everyone’s ideas and criticisms were very… interesting.”

 

He chuckled, “Well, the boy’s idea was really good. I’m surprised no one has ever thought of that all these years. He’s your age, isn’t he?”

 

Jaemi nodded.

 

“I can see a lot of potential in him. Anyways, are you doing anything tomorrow?”

 

“No, why?”

 

“Chairman Lee asked you to come by the office tomorrow, but to wear something comfortable and casual.”

 

“Oh okay, but why though?”

 

“Not sure, he said it was a surprise.”

 

 

Jaemi woke up early the next morning in this:

 

 

Once she arrived at the hotel, she went up to Chairman Lee’s office like her father told her to.

 

She opened the door to see L.Joe, who was also wearing casual clothing.

 

 

“Jaemi, just in time,” said Chairman Lee.

 

“Is there something you want me to do sir?” Jaemi asked.

 

“Actually, it’s something I want the two of you to do.”

 

He pulled out two tickets from his drawers.

 

“What is that?” L.Joe asked.

 

“Two tickets for the Seoul Grand Park Zoo.”

 

“What do you want us to do with it?” L.Joe said slightly rude.

 

Jaemi stomped on his foot for his attitude.

 

He jerked a little and turned to look at Jaemi, who was still looking at Chairman Lee.

 

“You have to use your brain boy,” Chairman Lee said back.

 

Jaemi let out a quiet giggle which made L.Joe glare at her.

 

“I want the two of you to go to the zoo and hang out. Bond a little bit. Don’t ask me why and just go.”

 

He handed Jaemi the tickets and shooed them away.

 

They stood in the middle of the hall with Jaemi holding the tickets awkwardly.

 

L.Joe looked at her and grabbed the tickets, “Alright, let’s go.”

 

He walked down the hall first with Jaemi following behind.

 

Walking down to the lobby, Jaemi could see and hear all the girls whispering to each other about L.Joe.

 

“Oh my… look at his arm muscles.”

 

“How could a guy still look so good without a suit on.”

 

“I wish I was single.”

 

Jaemi made a disgusted look at each comment she heard. On the other hand, L.Joe did not react to any of the comments which she thought was weird since he was known to be a big flirt.

 

They both got into his car and drove away.

 

The car ride was quiet until Jaemi spoke up.

 

“I guess you’re pretty popular with the girls at work.”

 

“I guess you can say that. Why? Are you jealous?” he teased.

 

Jaemi looked at him, “Really? What happened to the casanova everyone knows you for?”

 

“Things change. People change.”

 

“People change? So you’re saying you’ve changed.”

 

L.Joe looked at her and smirked, and looked away.

 

She let out a scoff.

 

 

They both stood in line to get into the zoo. As L.Joe handed their tickets, Jaemi ran into the zoo happily.

 

OMG FLAMINGOS!” Jaemi yelled, “AHH ZEBRAS!! They are so cute! No… It’s—It’s KWANGSOO!! Look at the giraffes!”

 

L.Joe laughed as he walked over to Jaemi, “Are you that excited?”

 

Jaemi looked at L.Joe and cleared , “No. But, but let’s go over there.”

 

They walked around looking at animals for about an hour.

 

“No way… they have foxes here?!?!?”

 

Jaemi ran to them until she realized L.Joe was still leaning against the rail by the camels. She ran back to him, “Come on, please!!”

 

She dragged him over as she looked at the foxes, “They are so beautiful.”

 

L.Joe leaned on the rail again, facing away from the foxes, “Yeah I guess.”

 

He turned his head to look at Jaemi and noticed something near her neck. He tried to lean in closer to get a better look.

 

“Come on, let’s go look at the wolves now!”

 

He looked at her run and followed behind.

 

 

After being at the zoo for over two hours, it was finally time for them to eat lunch.

 

“I’ll buy lunch, since you have been driving me around a lot,” Jaemi insisted.

 

“No, it’s fine. Just go and find some seats,” he said pushing Jaemi away.

 

Luckily, Jaemi found an empty table for them to sit at. She looked over at L.Joe, “He does have nice arms…” Jaemi said to herself, “He even looks good with sunglasses too.”

 

Jaemi sat straight up and lightly smacked her cheeks a few times, “Oh my gosh, no. What am I saying. You are dating Kai. Kai! Kai! Kai! Only think of Kai!”

 

After getting her senses back, Jaemi looked at L.Joe again and realized he was still waiting in a long line, “I’ll just take a quick nap.”

 

By the time L.Joe got the food, Jaemi was already asleep. He placed the tray on the table and chuckled. He was about to wake her up until he realized her right neck was exposed.


He took the chance and moved her hair away from her face to see her birthmark, “What the…”

 


Hope you enjoy this chapter with some L.Ji moments! Also, don't forget to leave a comment! :D