Chapter 24*

Hidden Raindrop

“I’ll do it.”

 

“Perfect!” Chairman Lee cheered.

 

“What? Jaemi, I can’t let you do this.”

 

“Appa, it’s okay. I read over your work and…” Jaemi paused, “just trust me.”

 

“Jaemi, just come by my office at 10 and we’ll start preparing you for the conference,” Chairman Lee instructed.

 

“I will, thank you Chairman Lee,” Jaemi said hanging up.

 

“Jaemi, you do know what will happen right?” Kijoon asked, concerned.

 

“Yeah, I know.”

 

“Jaemi-ah, we finally came back to Korea and I don’t want to mess things up for you. Everything is going so smoothly right now and when people find out that you’re my daughter, everything is going to be hectic. Paparazzi will follow you to find answers, and one day, they might even find out about the real you. I can’t let that happen.”

 

“And they won’t,” Jaemi said firmly, “Yes, they will know that I’m your daughter, but they won’t know who I really am. Don’t worry too much about it appa, I got it all under control,” Jaemi fibbed.

 

Kijoon rubbed his forehead and let out a sigh, “Alright. I’ll trust you. But you should go get some rest, it’s late.”

 

“Thank you, appa. I’ll take you to your room first.”

 

Jaemi helped push her father to his room and when he fell asleep, Jaemi went over to her father’s office to look over the speech. She spent the whole night trying to memorize the speech for the big day tomorrow.

 

 

8:45 AM.

 

Buzz. Buzz. Buzz. Buzz.

 

Jaemi searched for her phone with her arm and turned off the alarm. She slowly rose up from her father’s desk and looked outside the window for some sunshine. She looked at her phone for the date, Sunday, February 15, 2015. She let out a sigh. The conference and the full moon, she thought.

 

Jaemi quickly changed and got ready by 9:02 and took a taxi to the hotel.

 

She walked through the door, and looked around in awe. It was the first time she saw Rain in person. And surprisingly, Chairman Lee happened to be in the lobby and saw Jaemi standing at the front desk.

 

“Jaemi-ssi?” Chairman Lee called.

 

Jaemi turned around, “Ne?”

 

“I’m Chairman Lee. It’s great to finally meet you.”

 

Surprised by her own informality, Jaemi quickly responded back and bowed, “Ne, annyeonghaseyo sajangnim.”

 

Chairman Lee chucked, “Well, since you are here early, why don’t we go up to my office and get started now.”

 

Jaemi nodded and followed Chairman Lee up the elevators.

 

 

“Please, have a seat. Would you like anything to drink?” Chairman Lee offered.

 

“No, I’m fine. Thank you.”

 

“Alright then, let’s get to business,” he began, “Do you have everything prepared for the conference?”

 

“Yes.. I looked over my father’s speech and had everything memorized last night.”

 

“Perfect,” he cheered, “I won’t ask anymore questions because I trust you, Jaemi.”

 

“Ne, I won’t let you down.”

 

“That’s what I like to hear. Well,” he said getting up, “I hired a few stylists to pick a few outfits and do your makeup and hair, so why don’t we head there now.”

 

Jaemi nodded and followed him down the hall. Suddenly, her vision started to get a little blurry and she began to slow down behind Chairman Lee.

 

“Jaemi, are you okay?” he asked concerned.

 

“Yes, I’m fine. But, do you mind telling me where the restroom is?”

 

“Of course, there’s one to your left,” he beckoned, “When you’re done, just go straight down the hall.”

 

Jaemi nodded and went towards the restroom.

 

Her vision flickered even more and she quickly ran towards the restroom mirror. She could barely see, but she could tell her eyes were flickering blue. Jaemi closed her eyes and washed her face. She stood there for a few minutes and opened her eyes. They were back to normal again.


Why is this happening now. She thought.

 


I'm back! Sorry for the long hiatus, but I'm currently writing the next chapter right now. Hopefully you enjoyed this chapter! <3