Chapter 13*

Hidden Raindrop

Right when the bell rang, Jaemi carefully waited for everyone to leave the class. Once the last student walked out and turned the corner, Jaemi quickly jumped in front of JB.

 

“YA! What are you doing here?” Jaemi whispered emphatically, “Since when did you transfer here?”

 

“Why? You don’t like me here?” JB questioned back, half jokingly.

 

“No! It’s — it’s just — I, I thought you were just visiting.”

 

“At first, yes. But my father found out I came back, so now he’s making me stay to take over the company.”

 

“Your father works in a company? I thought you said he owned a restaurant.”

 

“Well… it’s partly true.”

 

Oh my gosh. Im Jae Bum had been keeping a secret from me for six year.”

 

JB let out a chuckle and the two left the class. Unfortunately, JB only had three classes with Jaemi, so they went their separate ways.

 

 

A week and a half soon passed, and during that time, nothing much had changed. Jaemi and her group were finally finished filming, JB and her still hung out every other day after school, and her father finished presenting a successful presentation that ended with many new partnerships.

 

In short, everything was going smoothly. And most importantly, her eyes and mark never glowed.

 

 

With less than a week until the film project is due, the group began to edit the film and put everything together. The only thing left for them to do was to create a short presentation.

 

 

“Hello?” Jieun called.

 

“What do you want.”

 

“Ya, can you at least try to be nice to me? I don’t understand why you dislike me so much.”

 

“Whatever, what do you want?” L.Joe answered blatantly.

 

“Is it okay if we come to your house tomorrow to start on the presentation?”

 

“Do whatever you want.”

 

“Great! We’ll stop by at —”

 

Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep.

 

“AISH, I’ll just text Jaemi,” Jieun frustrated after L.Joe hung up on her.

 

 

“Woah…” Jaemi cooed as she stood in front of L.Joe’s house.

 

She read Jieun’s text message again to make sure she was at the right house.

 

Hey! We’re meeting at L.Joe’s house tomorrow at 12 to start on the presentation. His address is Seoul-si, Gangnam-gu, Daechi-dong, 11-23 (Sorry, I don’t know how addresses are written in S. Korea, just guessing). Come earlier if you want!

Jieun

 

Jaemi looked at the time. 11:34 AM.

 

“Okay, here we go,” she said to herself.

 

Ding dong.

 

The door was slowly opened by a lady. An American lady.

 

Oh, hi,” Jaemi quickly greeted.

 

Hi, may I help you with something?” she responded with a perfect American accent.

 

I was suppose to meet L.Joe and a few other people here to do a project.

 

Oh, of course. Come in,” she beckoned to let Jaemi in, “Young Master Lee should be down soon. Let me get you a glass of water.

 

Jaemi nodded as the lady left.

 

“Young Master Lee? Is he royalty or something?” Jaemi chuckled, “Can’t believe he has a maid too.”

 

Jaemi looked around the house to realized that he was from a very wealthy family, but before she could explore more, the lady came back.

 

Here’s your water Miss.

 

Oh thank you, but you can call me Jamie.

 

Of course Miss Jamie.

 

Oh no, please, just call me Jamie.

 

Oh, okay Jaemi. Well if you don’t mind, I have to get back to the kitchen, but please feel free to look around.

 

Oh okay, thank you,” Jamie said awkwardly, “Wait actually, would it be alright if I go in the kitchen with you?

 

The lady nodded and led the way to the kitchen.

 

Oh my… it smells so good! What are you making?” Jaemi praised her cooking while sniffing the air.

 

“Soondubu jiggae(soft tofu stew),” the lady responded.

 

Omo! Your Korean is perfect!

 

“I’m actually fluent in Korean,” she said smiling.

 

Wow, if only I were you,” Jaemi fibbed, “By the way, what’s your name?

 

“You can call me Ashley.”

 

Oh, that’s a beautiful name,” Jaemi complimented.

 

The two began to talk for awhile and they soon got close to one another.

 

“To tell you the truth, you are the first girl who ever came to this house. That’s why I was surprised when I saw you at the door.”

 

Really? A girl never came here before?

 

Ashley shook her head.

 

Knowing that she was the first girl, Jaemi blushed and smiled a little.

 

Are his parents home?” Jaemi asked.

 

“No, he only lives with his dad, but he’s almost never home. Master Lee is a very busy man, which makes me feel a little bad for him. But at the same time, Young Master Lee is never home either. He’s only here at night to eat dinner and sleep. Sometimes it worries me since I don’t know where he goes during the day, but I can’t interfere with his life. I’m just happy he told me he was staying home all day today.”

 

Not knowing what to say, Jaemi stood there nodding her head. She didn’t realize L.Joe was living such a secretive life.

 

“Oh it’s 12:00, he should be down any sec —”

 

“Are you seriously talking to the new girl?” L.Joe blabbered as he walked down the stairs.

 

“Young Master, everything is ready. I’ll bring your lunch over to the dining room.”

 

L.Joe walked passed them and went into the dining room, while Ashley went towards the kitchen.

 

“Did he seriously not say ‘thank you’?” Jaemi whispered to herself.

 

Ashley brought out two bowls of soondubu jiggae and placed them on the table, “Please eat too, Jaemi.”

 

No it’s okay,” Jaemi rejected shyly.

 

“Just sit down and eat,” L.Joe babbled while eating.

 

Jaemi gave him a stink eye, and slowly sat down to eat, “You should eat with us too, Ashley.

 

“Oh no, I can’t. I have to get back home now.”

 

Jaemi turned towards L.Joe, who was eating and not caring about what was happening. Angry, Jaemi kicked his leg which got his attention. Surprised, he looked up at her with a pissed look and she beckoned her eyes towards Ashley.

 

“Ashley, go ahead and bring some of the food home to your family,” L.Joe half drawled, and continued to eat right after.

 

Ashley thanked him and smiled at Jaemi. She quickly finished up cleaning and went out the door to see the two arguing.


She smiled and closed the door.


HAPPY NEW YEARS EVERYONE! I hope you are spending your new years well, because I'm just at home AHAH! Anyways, I hope you enjoy this chapter, I promoise that the stories will get a little more interesting later on! So yeah! Like I said before, starting from this chapter, everything will be recently written, not from 2013 LOL! 

Anyways, 2014 has been an interesting year and I just want to thank you guys all for the support! <3